There might be something wrong with my engine

Lola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
In order to more accurately diagnose the problem, I need to know if the room that the car made a noise like you were dragging furniture around in was carpeted, linoleum, hardwood or laminate. This info is of vital importance in order for me to give a 100% accurate diagnosis!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Muturuc

Muturuc

First Name
Alexi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sedan Executive (EU)
Country flag
In order to more accurately diagnose the problem, I need to know if the room that the car made a noise like you were dragging furniture around in was carpeted, linoleum, hardwood or laminate. This info is of vital importance in order for me to give a 100% accurate diagnosis!
Sounds like parquet. I’ll try driving in manual sport mode and record in if it does it again. By the way, the noise was before the accident not after.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I would imagine the sound he heard was the CVT belt slipping (its a metal linkage belt). He may have adjusted the ratio to low for the engine speed he was at and the torque may have exceeded what the CVT is capable of holding. Idk why they put paddle shifters on these cars...

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So a few months ago I wanted to take my engine full revs so I did a kick down. Engine didn’t go over 3500 rpm so I did a downshift with the paddles and I hear a noise. It was like dragging furniture around the house. I didn’t try it again since then. I hit a dog a month ago and had radiators changed, intercooler etc. How could I try and go up to 5500 rpm at a low speed for city for eg? And what’s wrong with the paddles?
Put the shifter in S, downshift (left paddle) once so it kicks into S1 and gun it. Are you saying it won't go above 3500 rpm??? Even in D mode, if you punch the throttle, you'll quickly go up near redline. I'm very confused. Also, perhaps the furniture dragging was simply the sound of the engine at high rpm's after downshifting into too low a gear.
Sponsored