Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Okay, cool thanks! I'm running Enkei TS5 18x8 +40 and 245/40/18 MPS4S. I got these wheels and setup to prepare myself for the 27won BBK. I also wanted to keep the weight at/under 20 lbs for the rim and push it out a little bit to fill the space a bit more. I never rub, with the exception of the driver side driving over this roller coaster bumpy road in my area. Which, thankfully I avoid. I also, notice I have more space in the rear. I was thinking of running larger tires in the rear, like 255/40/18 when it comes time to swap out to new tires. What do you think about that? Would that affect handling in a negative way? Would that be ghetto? lol I have no room in the front. I can barely stick my finger between the inside the wheel and fender. I'm also lowered on Eibach Pro kit.

I suppose in the future, I could get wider wheels, but move the offset more positive.. I just wanted to see how this setup is for daily driving. I want to keep the rim weight at 20 lbs or under for handling and performance. I don't want boat anchors. There is going with a staggered setup vs a squared. Just things that are swimming in my mind now.
255/35 (35 better fit than 40 in this case) would look a little goofy on 8" wide wheels. I'd recommend going 9-9.5" before going to 255/35. My TSR-X 18x9.5 are only 20.45lbs each, so I don't think you'd be sacrificing much weight.
Sponsored

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
255/35 (35 better fit than 40 in this case) would look a little goofy on 8" wide wheels. I'd recommend going 9-9.5" before going to 255/35. My TSR-X 18x9.5 are only 20.45lbs each, so I don't think you'd be sacrificing much weight.
Okay thanks dude!
Those are light for the size of rim!

Gandalf

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
Lucky for you, I just happen to have a recent-enough full profile from when I deep cleaned her for a show entry! I understand the trouble of finding good angles on wheels, so I'll include a couple bonus angles!

Referencing relevant fitment mods:
- Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 245/40R18
- Enkei TSR-X 18x9.5 +38 5x114.3 Gloss Black
- Eibach Sportline Kit Springs w/ Skunk2 Rear Camber Arms

2022-07-23 C3 TheDeliSauce Profile.jpg
2022-08-10 Light Side.jpg
2022-08-10 Rear Wide.jpg
I'll be needing tires soon so I'm doing a little more research on wheel/tire combos. I'm thinking of the same wheel specs as you but with the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus tires. That being said I have a few more questions, not all about wheels & tires:

1. With the same wheel size and tire size as you minus the lowering springs, would you think there would be any rubbing with the set up? Probably not, but just wanted your opinion since you have this

2. What lug nuts did you go with?

3. What tail lights do you have (could be blind but I didn't see them mentioned in the build)?

4. I know you're highly modded, but what kind of MPGs are you getting?

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheDeliSauce

TheDeliSauce

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'll be needing tires soon so I'm doing a little more research on wheel/tire combos. I'm thinking of the same wheel specs as you but with the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus tires. That being said I have a few more questions, not all about wheels & tires:

1. With the same wheel size and tire size as you minus the lowering springs, would you think there would be any rubbing with the set up? Probably not, but just wanted your opinion since you have this

2. What lug nuts did you go with?

3. What tail lights do you have (could be blind but I didn't see them mentioned in the build)?

4. I know you're highly modded, but what kind of MPGs are you getting?
1: Same size wheel/tire only really rubs on the side-markers until self-clearanced (Looking into effects/consequences of Dremeling down metal tabs behind side-markers to lessen rub even more). Without any low, or even with a little less low, you'll be fine unless you've got a few people in the car & are hitting jumps. I believe the Michelin PS 4 AS has a thicc guard making it act thicker than it really is, so I'd imagine the Continentals are going to feel thinner / rub less.

2: The lug nuts I currently have are literal trash & are being replaced as soon as I've got $110. Get the "McGard 65557BK" set I'm looking at. Stylish & functional.

3: I don't recall specifying them as I'm not too sure what brand they actually are, but they're "Inginuity Time - Clear". The Wife got them for me for my birthday last year. Makes the car look so much nicer from the rear.

4: Even with PRL FBO on Phearable 2.5 E30 I still get 38-40mpg at around 80mph. "City" mpgs depends on how heavy your foot is. I like to hear the beautiful noises my car makes bounce of the buildings & walls, making my combined mpgs a little less at ~32.

OP
OP
TheDeliSauce

TheDeliSauce

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Sweet build! I'm a big Enkei fan but haven't seen those before, they really compliment the style of these cars well!
Thank you! Enkei TSR-X 18x9.5 +38 (Somehow only 20.45lbs per wheel) really do the trick for both looks & performance!

Gandalf

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
1: Same size wheel/tire only really rubs on the side-markers until self-clearanced (Looking into effects/consequences of Dremeling down metal tabs behind side-markers to lessen rub even more). Without any low, or even with a little less low, you'll be fine unless you've got a few people in the car & are hitting jumps. I believe the Michelin PS 4 AS has a thicc guard making it act thicker than it really is, so I'd imagine the Continentals are going to feel thinner / rub less.

2: The lug nuts I currently have are literal trash & are being replaced as soon as I've got $110. Get the "McGard 65557BK" set I'm looking at. Stylish & functional.

3: I don't recall specifying them as I'm not too sure what brand they actually are, but they're "Inginuity Time - Clear". The Wife got them for me for my birthday last year. Makes the car look so much nicer from the rear.

4: Even with PRL FBO on Phearable 2.5 E30 I still get 38-40mpg at around 80mph. "City" mpgs depends on how heavy your foot is. I like to hear the beautiful noises my car makes bounce of the buildings & walls, making my combined mpgs a little less at ~32.
Thank you again for the response and for the recommendations, much appreciated. It's good to hear that you're still getting near 40mpg. Here I was worried about the fuel hit when potentially going to 9.5" wide wheels. For me the car is great, but I really like the fuel efficiency they can deliver while still being fun to drive.

Gandalf

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
I do have one final (hopefully) question about your wheel/tire fitment. From the photos it looks like there is a slight poke to this set up, is this correct? Do you have any photos from top down (looking down on the wheels from above) or from the rear or front direct down the side of the car? If not, don't worry about it, if so I'd love to see photos.

I'm more inclined to flush or slightly tucked (closer to stock fitment) fitment. If you are poked, do you think the 8.5" width would fit more flush? Sorry for all the questions, this would be my first foray into aftermarket wheel & tire sizes. Thanks again!

OP
OP
TheDeliSauce

TheDeliSauce

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I do have one final (hopefully) question about your wheel/tire fitment. From the photos it looks like there is a slight poke to this set up, is this correct? Do you have any photos from top down (looking down on the wheels from above) or from the rear or front direct down the side of the car? If not, don't worry about it, if so I'd love to see photos.

I'm more inclined to flush or slightly tucked (closer to stock fitment) fitment. If you are poked, do you think the 8.5" width would fit more flush? Sorry for all the questions, this would be my first foray into aftermarket wheel & tire sizes. Thanks again!
Questions are fine. Took me a long time to research all of this myself before pulling the trigger on any of it. If you can pardon the barrage of seemingly random pictures to show fitment, hopefully they can shed some light as to the flushness of the setup. I believe 18x9.5 +38 to be as flush as you can get on our platform.

But to answer your questions regarding sizing down to 8.5", I think the wheel would recede back by ~1/2", but would still be close enough to flush.

Honda Civic 10th gen TheDeliSauce's SI Build (So Far) 2022-09-16 SI Rear
Honda Civic 10th gen TheDeliSauce's SI Build (So Far) 2022-09-16 SI Front
Honda Civic 10th gen TheDeliSauce's SI Build (So Far) 2022-09-10 SI 5.7 Hemi
Honda Civic 10th gen TheDeliSauce's SI Build (So Far) 2022-08-28 NS TheDeliSauce
Honda Civic 10th gen TheDeliSauce's SI Build (So Far) 2022-08-15 Team Dinner
Honda Civic 10th gen TheDeliSauce's SI Build (So Far) 2022-07-23 C3 TheDeliSauce Fitment
Honda Civic 10th gen TheDeliSauce's SI Build (So Far) 2022-07-23 C3 NS Rear
Honda Civic 10th gen TheDeliSauce's SI Build (So Far) 2022-07-23 C3 NS Front

Gandalf

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag

SlavO 20si

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 H civic 2018 truck 20 si sedan
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Seen this car on fb a couple times.. 1 of thee best looking 1s out there in my opinion.. crazy engine stuff you're doing.. I'm so broke now "joking" but I'm gonna just try and enjoy it for now. Hahaha ps I'm the 1 that was asking about the windows visors I found them. Keep up the good work!

OP
OP
TheDeliSauce

TheDeliSauce

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Seen this car on fb a couple times.. 1 of thee best looking 1s out there in my opinion.. crazy engine stuff you're doing.. I'm so broke now "joking" but I'm gonna just try and enjoy it for now. Hahaha ps I'm the 1 that was asking about the windows visors I found them. Keep up the good work!
Thank you for the kind words. This things been kicking my ass lately. Been into the engine & trans already last weekend (Rod bearings, oil squirter block-offs, & throw out bearing), & I'll have to go back in this weekend (Didn't know til after, but I bent reluctor ring tooth, & it wasn't a bad throw out bearing so we're thinking clutch blew up).

Gandalf

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
Thank you for the kind words. This things been kicking my ass lately. Been into the engine & trans already last weekend (Rod bearings, oil squirter block-offs, & throw out bearing), & I'll have to go back in this weekend (Didn't know til after, but I bent reluctor ring tooth, & it wasn't a bad throw out bearing so we're thinking clutch blew up).
Looking forward to the resolution of this.

OP
OP
TheDeliSauce

TheDeliSauce

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
*Update*: Been a hot minute, but engine & trans has been pulled for a few months. The thrust bearing pushing back against the clutch spring wore & spun, freeing itself & bounced around the crankcase. The reluctor ring teeth are as crooked as a politician & there are little ding marks all over the place. The rods are unmarked, the pistons have minor dings inside the skirts (No where metal on metal contact is had), & some dings on my CSS oil squirter block offs (They'll be fine).

Been playing clean-up since my last post, more or less. Sent my OG block that was in good condition to CSS in NH, got it back a couple weeks ago or so. Now I'm just waiting on the 73.5mm headgasket from MAP (Who's waiting on Cometic to finish it, cause made-to-order + delays). ETA is late July for headgasket.

Before I pulled the motor I dropped the pan to take a look & clean up the reluctor ring teeth (To decent effect), but I didn't look at what was chilling in the oil pan until after I thought I'd cleaned it up. That'll be what's left of my thrust bearing. The rest is progress from pulling the motor to essentially where I'm at today as I wait on parts.

Honda Civic 10th gen TheDeliSauce's SI Build (So Far) 2023-04-01 Spun Crankshaft Thrust Bearin

Honda Civic 10th gen TheDeliSauce's SI Build (So Far) 2023-04-16 Empty Engine Bay

Honda Civic 10th gen TheDeliSauce's SI Build (So Far) 2023-04-16 Pulled Motor

Honda Civic 10th gen TheDeliSauce's SI Build (So Far) 2023-04-22 Engine Disassembly

Honda Civic 10th gen TheDeliSauce's SI Build (So Far) 2023-04-22 Built Block Underside

Honda Civic 10th gen TheDeliSauce's SI Build (So Far) 2023-04-22 Built Block Spun Thrust Bearing Damage

*Pain*

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Woah. Sorry to hear about this. Do you have any idea for the reason behind the failure?
Sponsored