The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models)

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I’m gonna wait a couple weeks before I give any input only drove with it once
Not so much for input, just so I can list it in the stats. You only posted about it in another thread not in your post here. I can only list things from this thread in the stats. Hope that makes sense.
Sponsored

Fk8_Borwax

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic type r
Country flag
Not so much for input, just so I can list it in the stats. You only posted about it in another thread not in your post here. I can only list things from this thread in the stats. Hope that makes sense.
Ahh okay I understand

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

KTunedtoStock

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Thanks for adding your car but we have to talk about that reverting to stock and re-flashing your tune weekly that you do.

There's really no reason to do thar AT ALL. Plus flashing a tune is very battery intensive.

You should just take advantage of the KTuner on the fly map switching and set one of your maps for a near factory boost level. That way you'll have that extra safety you want without the bother of flashing to stock and flashing your tune back weekly.

Keep in mind also that even on a high power map if you're not putting your foot into it, you won't be into much boost at all.
Gotcha. Ill keep that in mind and change my OTF settings. I drive for a company so my acceleration and speed are monitored. I understand having a tune isn't really the best thing in these circumstances. But when I'm not at work I want a fun car to drive. I'm new to the scene and would love more info and im sure this isn't the place for me to be asking in depth questions

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Vehicle: 2019 Si Sedan

Total tuned time: 4 months maybe?

Total tuned mileage: 5000-6000 (8,336 total miles right now since ownership)

Tuning device(s) used: Hondata

Tunes used: Hondata +9 / now using TSP Stage 1

Fuel used: Shell 91 90% of the time / Chevron 91 10% of the time.

Additional engine mods: K&N SRI Typhoon intake / Mishimoto oil catch can

Problems/issues: Unstable knock control now that weather is getting colder here in SoCal. Will datalog to further diagnose. Otherwise car runs as it should.

Driving style: Rev hang is enabled for day to day driving and bumper to bumper traffic. I occasionally do a few 2nd to 3rd gear pulls on the street up to speed limit (45/50). I canyon run a few times a month where I'm running my car somewhat aggressive; once every month or two I fully run the car in the canyons but to be honest that sort of faded 4 months into owning the car. Any sort of pull or canyon run is done with sport mode on and rev hang disabled. No Lift Shifting is done when I'm merging on the freeway from time to time (I noticed thats when my knock control also spikes temporarily) but I've never NLS when canyon running.
Updating this.

Total tuned time: May/June 2019 - Now. (1 Year and 2 months)

Total tuned mileage: Over 12,000 now.

Tuning device(s) used: Hondata

Tunes used: TSP Stage 1

Fuel used: Shell 91 90% of the time / Chevron 91 10% of the time. [I am now switching to chevron 91 full time with 1 to 1.5 gallons of e85]

Additional engine mods: K&N SRI Typhoon intake / Mishimoto Intercooler + piping kit / Mishimoto Oil Catch can

Problems/issues: None at the moment. [Slight slippage of clutch but hasn't worsened]

Driving style: Still occasionally canyon running. I took the car to the track in early June at streets of willow (105F that day). I flashed the car back to stock and ran it for 3 sessions before knock control went up to 99%. I did not want to run TSP Stage 1 in 105 degree weather without an adequate radiator or oil cooler. After track session, I flashed back to TSP Stage 1, still no signs of issues. [knock control is stable at .54 after switching to chevron 91 + 1-1.5 gals of e85, 0 knock count typically, fuel trims are within 5%]
3rd update? I think.

Total tuned time: May/June 2019 - Now.

Total tuned mileage: Over 17,000 now.

Tuning device(s) used: Now on K-Tuner v1.2 as of late November 2020

Tunes used: TSP Stage 1 Now on TSP Stage 1 PLUS

Fuel used: Chevron 91 + 1.5 gallons of e85.

Additional engine mods: K&N SRI Typhoon intake / Mishimoto Intercooler + piping kit / Mishimoto Oil Catch can

Problems/issues: Moderate clutch slippage on TSP Stage 1; less slippage on TSP Stage 1 PLUS. (wtf?)

Driving style: Haven't canyon ran since September. I took the car to it's second track day mid November at streets of willow see this post for more info.
TL;DR ran TSP Stage 1 full power tune on hondata at the track and car didn't go boom. Next track session in March, will probably not run any tunes as I finally got Nitto NT05's and will be running stock with the tires to see how car handles.

Last edited:

Genxcivic

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic si
Country flag
Vehicle: 2019 Civic Si

Total tuned time: 3 month

Total tuned mileage: 1000 miles

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V2

Tunes used: phearable 1.5, phearable 1.5R

Additional engine mods: CAI, Intercooler

Problems/issues: None

Driving style: Normal with occasional WOT

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
3rd update? I think.

Total tuned time: May/June 2019 - Now.

Total tuned mileage: Over 17,000 now.

Tuning device(s) used: Now on K-Tuner v1.2 as of late November 2020

Tunes used: TSP Stage 1 Now on TSP Stage 1 PLUS

Fuel used: Chevron 91 + 1.5 gallons of e85.

Problems/issues: Moderate clutch slippage on TSP Stage 1; less slippage on TSP Stage 1 PLUS. (wtf?)

Driving style: Haven't canyon ran since September. I took the car to it's second track day mid November at streets of willow see this post for more info.
TL;DR ran TSP Stage 1 full power tune on hondata at the track and car didn't go boom. Next track session in March, will probably not run any tunes as I finally got Nitto NT05's and will be running stock with the tires to see how car handles.
Vehicle: 2019 Civic Si

Total tuned time: 3 month

Total tuned mileage: 1000 miles

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V2

Tunes used: phearable 1.5, phearable 1.5R

Additional engine mods: CAI, Intercooler

Problems/issues: None

Driving style: Normal with occasional WOT

How do you like the Phearable 1.5 R tune compared to the regular one? I currently have the Phearable 1.5 and am looking to get the R tune.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You quoted Syntek but he actually has the TSP 1+ tune.

diadiary

First Name
Dia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe 2019
Country flag
Vehicle: 2019 Civic Sport Coupe

Total tuned time: 5 months

Tuned miles driven: 7,500+

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V1.2

Tunes used: Tune customized by Derek Robinson for AEM intake

Fuel used: Arco 91

Additional related mods: AEM CAI, Magnaflow 2.25" piping with dual center exit, sumitomo tires, avid wheels, godspeed mono ss coilovers right now; getting a RV6 downpipe soon

Problems/issues: None (so far)

Driving style: Usually for daily driving; sometimes go fast & aggressive bursts from time to time.

Tuning experience notes: It is nice to let vtec kick in earlier than previous. Honestly I have no clue what to say about the tuning experience other than knowing the fact that vtec kicks in earlier and feels faster than stock, so, sorry if I'm not giving the right answer

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) IMG_9322

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Cool looking car. Will you be having D-Rob tune again once you get the new downpipe?

As far as your tuning experience answer... :thumbsup:

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si (4dr)
Country flag
Vehicle: 2019 SI Sedan

Time Tuned: September 2019-Now

Tuner: Ktuner v1.2

Tunes Used: Basemap, Phearbables 1.5+GOD mode, 1.5R

Tuned Mileage: 12k+

Fuel: 93

Notable Mods: Ingen CAI, Resonator Delete, Acuity Shift Bushings,

Mods In Progress: Eibach 26mm Rear Swaybar & Endlinks, RV6 downpipe, Clutchmaster fx450,

Issues: Clutch Slippage (In-progress)

Driving Style: Daily (Spirited), X-Cross

Experience: Flawless

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for adding you car.

Quick question. Do you check your fuel trims at all? Many people have had fuel trim problems with the Injen intake.

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si (4dr)
Country flag
Thanks for adding you car.

Quick question. Do you check your fuel trims at all? Many people have had fuel trim problems with the Injen intake.
Not as often as I should. I used Hondahack and I have the Ktuner mobile app on the head unit and use it to monitor during x-cross sessions. On the Ktuner basemaps, I did have some LTFT hiccups with the base maps in the beginning because of placement of the Injen filter,

To help I "edited" the front fascia (fake grille) and cut the same pattern into it as the passenger side, for looks as much as air flow. Have not have an issue with air restriction since.

As per the normal my STFT float into the 8-9% after some hard laps. But its been problem free, if i did not monitor it, I would have never noticed a difference.

MarcoFK7

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
Vehicle: 2017 Civic Sport Plus

Total tuned time: 12 months

Tuned miles driven: 10,000+

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V1.2

Tunes used: Tsp Stage 1 for non-si

Fuel used: European 100 RON Premium fuel

Additional related mods: Prl Cobra Street MAF, custom made cat-back exhaust, Eibach Prokit.

Problems/issues: No problem at all, just a little afraid of the AFR value at WOT (9.0) and the Fuel Trim value (-10) due to the open loop European Ecu's.

Driving style: I use the car as daily, i usally go to work like an old man and come back like a teenager.

Tuning experience notes: there's a lot of Ktuner users in Europe... we hope that one day some tuners will take care of us, for the moment the only way to get good AFR and Trim values here is to get a custom tune.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Driving style: I use the car as daily, i usally go to work like an old man and come back like a teenager.

Tuning experience notes: there's a lot of Ktuner users in Europe... we hope that one day some tuners will take care of us, for the moment the only way to get good AFR and Trim values here is to get a custom tune.
Thanks for adding your car, Marco.

I go to work as an old guy and come home as a teenager too. Funny you mentioned that. :)

Hoping we can get more tuned European CivicX'ers posting in this thread.
Sponsored