The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models)

Venomid

First Name
Omid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport CVT
Country flag
Vehicle: 2020 Honda Civic Sport

Total tuned time: 6 months

Tuned miles driven: 6000 miles

Tuning device(s) used: ktuner 2.0

Tunes used: custom +3 psi, custom +6 psi, custom +9psi. I have driven on the high boost tune literally since day 1. Trying the other tunes and feeling the car seriously get slower and less responsive from the turbo made me just want to always be on +9 map lol.

Fuel used: 91 octane

Additional engine mods: PRL CAI, PRL intercooler + pipes, PRL downpipe + frontpipe.

Problems/issues: no problems at all so far, gas milage obviously went down but not as bad i expected to be honest considering i drive semi aggresively i'd like to say.

Driving style: Not too aggressive, i like to drive chill usually just enjoying my music with the windows down. I love the fact that merging is literally effortless now, and 3rd and 4th gear pulls are always there ready to be filled if needed. Im getting 26 mpg with these mods.. lol

Tuning experience notes: : Take your car to a good tuner if you want to do a custom tune... do not try and fiddle with the gear increments that the ktuner or hondata computer customization app allows you to do unless you obviously know what you're doing. CVT is delicate, so respect that if you choose to go cvt. I've seen posts about some people who drive aggressively for many miles a day with my same mods and they seem to have no issues with their cvt's so i hope i can have some peace of mind there.

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) my civic 2
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for adding your car, and congrats. You added the thread's first car of 2021! :thumbsup:

Thusee

First Name
Thusee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Vehicle: 2018 Civic Si Sedan

Total tuned time: 22 Months

Total tuned mileage: 60,000 km

Tuning device(s) used: Ktuner

Tunes used: Ktuner base tunes, TSP Stage 1, 27won W1 Base tune

Additional engine mods: Full 27won bolt on. Intercooler, intake, inlet pipe, w1, catted dp, fp, exhust, Koyo rad

Clutch: Stock clutch lasted until about 45,000 km at this point I was full bolt on MINUS - Inlet pipe, w1 turbo and intercooler. Installed Eman's Type R retrofit with cmc upgrade, PRL SS Line, and CDV delete. Currently sitting around 80,000 km

Problems/issues: No problems at all. Clutch is a wear item and I knew the stock wouldn't handle the power and will require soon.

Driving style: It is my Daily so i do drive it conservatively, I still get about 600km to a full tank of gas. From time to time I will stretch its legs a bit.

Fuel: Only used Shell 91 octane upto around 20,000 km. Once i put the TSP stage 1 tune on I switched to Petro Canada Ultra 94 Octane since the tune was made on 93 octane. Have not switched to other fuel ever. These are the only 2 I ran since day 1.

Feel free to browse my build thread, it is quite detailed.

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) Screenshot_20210103-214427_Gallery

Last edited:
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for adding your car. With your extensive mod list, are you considering going with a custom tune?

Thusee

First Name
Thusee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for adding your car. With your extensive mod list, are you considering going with a custom tune?
Was waiting to do a custom remote tune with drob but when I heard about the w2 coming out I decided to hold off. Once w2 arrives and gets installed I'll go ahead with a custom tune.

j1an51

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT Sedan
Country flag
Vehicle: 2017 Civic Ext CVT

Tuned time: 7 months

Tuned Mileage: 12,000

Tuning Device: ktuner v1.2

Fuel Used:
91 octane

Additional Mods: 27 won fmic

Driving Style:
Spirited/casual

Problems/Issues: None

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just a friendly reminder to everyone who has already added their car...

If possible, add a new post with updates to tuned miles driven, any setup changes and any issues that have cropped up.

With those updates, we can get a better and more accurate picture of Civic X tuning reliability. Even if you only update a couple times a year, it would be huge help for the community.

Thanks.

Last edited:

AVR

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan, 2014 Pathfinder
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Vehicle: 2020 Civic SI Sedan

Total Tuned time: 1 month

Tuned Miles driven: 1,000 miles

Tuning Device ised: ktuner v1.2

Tunes used: TSP stage 1, Map 3 sport mode.

Fuel Used: 93 Oct

Additional Mods: none

Problems/Issues: the normal slight hesitation when pressing the gas sometimes while cruising at around 50-60 mph, already using the soft paddle setting.

Driving Style: city and country roads, normally push harder mid range 2nd or mid range 3rd.

Tuning experience notes:

Last edited:
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Guys, if possible, can you please use the full 10 item format I setup in the original post? Without doing that, the stats I compile aren't complete. Thanks.

Vehicle:

Total tuned time:

Tuned miles driven:

Tuning device(s) used:

Tunes used
:

Fuel used:

Additional engine mods:

Problems/issues:

Driving style:

Tuning experience notes:

Last edited:
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the update. Looks like you've put on 15,000 additional trouble free tuned miles since your original post. :thumbsup:

Appreciate you taking the time to update and wish more people would.

Last edited:

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Vehicle: 2019 Civic Si Coupe

Total tuned time: 21 months

Tuned miles driven: 18,000+

Tuning device(s) used: Hondata RACE Flashpro, currently using KTuner V1.2

Tunes used: Hondata +6 and RACEFWD custom W1 turbo 91 tune, Powermetric STAGE 27Won full E85, DROB custom tune RV6 BETA With Upgraded fuel system and built engine

Fuel used: Shell 91, Chevron 91, Pump E85

Additional engine mods:
Rv6 R365 Beta
27Won turbo inlet
PRL Cobra CAI W/RACE MAF
Custom Flexfuel Setup using Innovative Gauge
PRL 3" Catless DP V2
PRL FMIC with charge pipes V1
AWE 3.25" Touring Exhaust with front pipe
New Age Performance fuel system Upgrade
CTR clutch Retrofit W/ Modified CMC
Riaction Pro Coilovers
SPC rear camber Arms
27Won BBK
Ultra Racing Strut bar
Eibach Upgraded Front and rear sway bars
New motor built by Eman
- Saenz performance rods
-JE pistons
-Custom oil Squirters
-Valvetrain
-Billet oil Pump
-new crank
-New Block
PPG 4th Gear upgrade

Problems/issues: None

Driving style: aggressive driving, constantly in boost with frequent pulls

Tuning experience notes: all my tunes were done by professional tuners i understand the basics and can monitor a car and diagnose based off my current understandings. all mechanical work done by me other than Engine build, transmission work and new fuels system
How does the RV6 turbo compare to W1?

ConnerFC3

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic coupe EX-T
Country flag
Vehicle: 2017 Civic EX-T coupe, CVT

Total tuned time: 11 months

Total tuned mileage: 16,000miles

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V2

Tunes used: Ktuner base maps,
Tsp stage 1,
Tsp stage 1 with Prl race maf,
Custom tune by Nick

Additional engine mods:
Prl Cobra intake (Race)
PLM Catless Downpipe

Gas: 91 or 93 octane

Problems/issues: None

Driving style: Normal with the regular pull

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) EADE097F-9133-4D46-AC2B-6A7A86F74BA4

Last edited:
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for adding your car. You are the 200th 1.5T non-Si in the thread.

Eleon

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Vehicle: 2018 Civic Si sedan

Total tuned time: ~1 year

Tuned miles driven: 10,000

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V2

Tunes used: KTuner Dual Starter 19 psi now on a custom dyno tune by Edge Autosport in Colorado.

Fuel used: Shell 91

Additional engine mods: PRL Cobra CAI with street maf, PRL intercooler and charge pipes, PRL catted dp and fp, MAPerformance race exhaust. I use Amsoil 0w-20 and change my oil myself every 4-4.5 miles.

Problems/issues: Nothing mechanical but I have had some issues with starting the car possibly due to a bad battery which I replaced. I had the car shut off everything electronically once when I tried to start it but this was only once and it was after a period of not driving the car for a couple weeks since it was in the shop for some hail damage (Colorado for you lol). Car hasn’t failed starting up since replacing the battery but it still does start up noticeably longer as before on cold starts when the temp outside is below 40 F. This likely was caused by not driving the car as often as before due to COVID and it’s really only been during this winter that the car starts up slower. I don’t think my mods caused this. The clutch will slip a bit in higher gears if I floor it as expected but never during causal driving. I have an ACT street kit ready to be installed when I absolutely need it.

Driving style: Very conservative~98% of the time. I’ll do a pull every now and then. I don’t track or race the car. Never floor it in higher gears, never floor it from a dead stop or at lower than 3k rpms to reduce the rod bending torque( I roll into the throttle whenever I do a pull),

Tuning experience notes: First car I’ve ever had tuned. I started with the dual 19.5 psi ots tune from KTuner and never played with any settings I shouldn’t change besides some disables for the downpipe and the on the fly switching. Never enabled 2 step or antilag. I always kept an eye on fuel trims, AFR, knock control, IATs and never really saw anything out of the ordinary. I decided to get a custom tune recently from Edge Autosport to make sure the car was running completely right. So far so good! I included my numbers below. This was on snow tires and the clutch started slipping a bit. Had I been on summer tires and an upgraded clutch I probably could’ve been somewhere between 240-250 whp according to the tuner! He set up a conservative map with near factory boost levels, 19 psi map, and a custom boost level map which maxes at 20 psi. Overall I wanted a safe tune and I plan on keeping it on the conservative map most of if not all of the time. I love my car and want to keep her around for a long time so I hope by babying her I can keep her from blowing up on me?? She’s my daily❤ Conservative map is about 218 whp and 240 torque. My baseline on factory boost levels with my mods was about 211 whp and 222 torque. My “race map” on custom boost levels is below.

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 635B2716-C475-404F-B0C8-91EF33629822

Last edited:
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)