The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models)

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) Untitled 1
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ji671

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Keep in mind, many who are using Phearable mention the "smoother" low end. Meaning that John Vega dialed back some stuff to protect the CVT down low (similar to TSP). I suspect if you like the jumpy feel of aggressive throttle tweaks and spool, the KTuner 21 is your best bet.

Thanks for adding your car.
Yea from reading the threads thats the consensus when it comes to the Phearable. I have even dabbled with the idea of getting a full custom tune once I find a place that has a good dyno out here. I want that kick at the low range but have that vtec placebo at the top. I think I'm just so use to older Honda's that I miss that feeling. I should of gotten an 8th gen or 9th gen SI ?

Juddtastic77

First Name
Judd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si sedan
Country flag
Vehicle: 2019 Si sedan 1.5L

Total tuned time: 3 months , about 5000 miles

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V1.2

Tunes used: Tune 1- Ktuner basemap 19/23 Cobra CAI Race maf. Tune 2- TSP stage one

Fuel used: BP/Sunoco 93 octane

Additional engine mods: Cobra CAI Race maf

Problems/issues: No real issues.. slight clutch slippage after the TSP when getting into 5k+RPM IN 4th. DEFINITELY an amazing tune!

Driving style: pretty average depending on weather and mood. I always have my eye on mpg since I have 75 mile round trip to work . When it’s nice out and no one around, I’ll definitely get on it. I’ve had it 20 months and have 45k on it.

Tuning experience notes: First time tuning and really modding. It’s nice and easy with the basemap and TSP. Haven’t played with any of the adjustments on TSP. It’s just so damn good on maps 2&3

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 9D5395B4-88A0-4AE6-BB77-2E4D482FB86D

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) DB41C368-81AE-41C1-B5E8-A0F936965B34

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) E3E5C095-AC37-486E-8669-3EE13EDC8AF3

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 43911EBD-AFDD-486C-A3B7-61AE6ED5577F

Marxjo24

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic si coupe
Country flag
Vehicle: 2020 Civic Si coupe

Total tuned time: 1.5 years

Tuned miles driven: 13,000 Miles

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V2

Tunes used: TSP stage 1 for first 8,000 miles. Just switched to Phearable stage 1.5

Fuel used: 93 Octane

Additional engine mods: PRL Intercooler upgrade with charge pipes, PRL cobra cold air intake race MAF, 27Won exhaust, 27Won Front Pipe

Problems/issues: At 16k miles, the OEM clutch is starting to slip under load.

Driving style: mostly quick with some aggressive driving

Last edited:
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We had a bunch of cars added last week thanks to TSP notifying their users. Big props to them.

Let's keep this resource going. If you were tuned or are currently tuned, add your car. Your tuning experiences and reliability info really helps the community.

Sorry for posting another reminder but you'd be surprised how many people at CivicX don't even know this tuning thread exists.

Just trying to do my part.

CivicPR0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Touring CVT
Country flag
Vehicle: 2018 Sport Touring CVT

Total tuned time: 2+ Years

Total tuned mileage: 16,500+ miles

Tunes used: Custom Tune from DRob/IMW (CVT w/ Stock Turbo @ 231whp/234wtq)

Fuel used: 93

Additional engine mods: 27Won Turbo Inlet Pipe, 27Won Air Intake, GReddy SP Catback Exhaust, RV6 Front & Down Pipe, Mishimoto Intercooler (Stock Pipes), Mishimoto Oil Catch Can, PRL Charge Pipe Hose Upgrade Kit, Sirimoto Oil Cooler, CTR RMM w/ Perrin Inserts

Problems/issues: N/A

Driving style: Normal Driving

Tuning Experience Notes: I recently got a Custom Tune from DRob/IMW and the car feels even better than before. I will provide another update in the future when I have more time with this new tune.

Upcoming Mods: PRL Flex-Fuel Kit, Turbo Upgrade (RV6 or 27Won W2), Mishimoto IC Pipe Kit and new Tune from DRob/IMW

39CFFE7C-20F6-4280-B559-92DCB80C02E0 (1).jpg

IMG_0019.jpg
***UPDATE: 30-NOV-2020***

Vehicle: 2018 Sport Touring CVT

Total tuned time: 2+ Years

Total tuned mileage: 16,500+ miles

Current Tune Used: Temporary custom Tune from DRob/IMW (Upgraded Parts)

Previous Tunes used:
-Custom Tune from DRob/IMW (CVT w/ Stock Turbo @ 231whp/234wtq)
-KTuner 21 Dual Stage 2

Fuel used: 93 Octane. I will probably wait for the Re-Tune before mixing fuels.

Additional engine mods: 27Won Turbo Inlet Pipe, 27Won Air Intake, GReddy SP Catback Exhaust, RV6 Front & Down Pipe, Mishimoto Intercooler (Stock Pipes), Mishimoto Oil Catch Can, PRL Charge Pipe Hose Upgrade Kit, SiriMoto Oil Cooler, CTR RMM w/ Perrin Inserts

Recent engine mods: 27Won W1 Turbo and Race MAF, PRL Flex-Fuel Kit and Mishimoto FMIC Pipe Kit

Problems/issues: N/A

Driving style: Normal Driving

Tuning Experience Notes: I used KTuner 21 Dual Stage 2 for almost 2 years. I recently got a Custom Tune from DRob/IMW and the car instantly felt better than before. I have an appointment set for a Re-Tune from DRob for the updated parts installed.

Upcoming Mods: Re-Tune from DRob/IMW

si_well

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Vehicle: 2020 Si Sedan

Total tuned time: 7 Months

Tuned miles driven: ~10,000 Miles

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner v1.2

Tunes used: TSP Stage 1; almost exclusively driven on Map 3 in sport mode

Fuel used: 93 Octane only

Additional engine mods: None

Problems/issues: None

Driving style: 60% casual; 40% aggressive

Tuning experience notes: This is the first car I've ever tuned and it was super simple to do. Since I have the v1.2 I did the honda hack to get the Tunerview lite on my headunit, which I thought was more difficult to set up than tuning the car alone via Ktuner software. The process setting up the Tunerview app could have been better explained as I had to watch a few youtube videos to figure out some nuances, but after it was set up I really liked how easy it is to switch back to the stock tune for when I bring my car to the dealership for maintenance. However, as cool as the gauges are on the Tunerview app, I honestly only ever use them when somebody is in the car and I'm trying to look cool lol.

Another thing I wanted to add was my experience I had with my Ktuner v1.2 itself. I bought my ktuner used from a fellow member on this forum and upon receiving the device I noticed that the micro-USB port on the device was defective. I was worried that since I wasn't the original purchaser of the device they wouldn't offer support to me, but I contacted Ktuner anyway and they offered to repair it for free as long as I paid to ship it to them then they would pay to ship it back. I genuinely think the guy I bought it from was unaware of this defect because he offered to send me back some of what I paid him to cover the shipping to Ktuner plus a little extra for the headaches. Ktuner was really great to deal with about the whole thing too and had it back to me surprisingly fast (like 3 or 4 days), so I got to give them a lot credit for everything.

Driving experience while tuned Notes: I wanted to keep this separate from my experience physically tuning the car because it is distinctly different than my experience driving it. Overall, I love driving with it. I always keep it on Map 3 and almost exclusively drive in sport mode. I'm also always cautious to not mash the throttle before 4k RPM and absolutely never below 3.5k RPM. With that said I have not experienced any issues with the clutch slipping. I drove it a few times while switched back to the stock tune driving to and from the dealership for oil changes and I every time I do I'm reminded what a night and day difference it is with the tune. I think these cars are great right out the box as a practical car without sacrificing a fun driving experience, and tuning it makes it even better.

I can definitely say I agree with everyone that says it is the best bang for your buck performance mod you can do to these cars. Sorry @gtman for taking so long to post this up, I wanted to wait until I drove long enough with the tune before posting my experience.

Here’s a pic of my gauge setup and my car prior to lowering it.

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 7F422867-59FF-4784-B239-6894540895DE

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 4F8F46AB-5579-4D74-AD46-FC72AF5902A6

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for adding your car and the detailed experience notes. :thumbsup:

As an aside, your attachmrnts aren't viewable.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They are. Great pics.

Benny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Vehicle: 2019 Civic Si sedan

Total tuned time: 2 months

Tuned miles driven: 3,000

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V1.2

Tunes used: Phearable stage 1.5

Fuel used: 93 Octane only (Exxon)

Additional engine mods: None (PRL fmic arriving in 2 days)

Problems/issues: None

Drivinlg style: Aggressive in city and on-ramps, nice and relaxed once settled on the interstate. LOTS OF INTERSTATE driving,I travel 2 hrs a day. Usually cruise in 6th and downshift to 4th to overtake.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for adding your car Benny. You are the thread's 200th Si. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Great to hear man. I wish more people would have your attitude.
Sponsored