The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models)

Mac_Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
@Mac_Daddy ... thanks for adding your car. How do your knock control numbers look on 91 with your 1.5 tune?

You have a coupe, right?
Yea, knock numbers are good they stay at a range of .51 - .70 depending on how im driving.
Sponsored

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
If you have E85 available, adding a gallon of it per fillup will lower your knock control and give you more consistent power.

Last edited:

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag
New Information:

Vehicle: 2019 Civic SI sedan

Total tuned time: 2 Years 6 months

Total tuned mileage: 35,000

Current engine mileage: 65,000

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V2

Tunes used: Phearable stage 1.5 none god mode, at first now I'm running a tsp custom etune from Derek Robinson.

Fuel used: Shell 93 VPower (exclusively) / E85 but not right now, mid re-tune with DRob

Additional engine mods:

VTT GC+, PRL Cobra CAI ( Race MAF ), PRL Intercooler with Upgraded PRL Charge Pipes, PRL Turbo Inlet Pipe, MAPerformance Catted DP, AWE Touring Street exhaust, PRL Ethanol Kit, PPG Gearset, Ctr Retro Clutch from naperformance paired with their KZCMC, PRL stainless cmc line

Problems/issues: Blew out 4th gear early on

Driving style: Slightly speedy with aggressive bursts from time to time.

Tuning experience notes: Love my custom tsp tune from drob.

Last edited:

speedyserg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
If you have E85 available, adding a gallon of it per fillup will lower your knock control and give you more consistent power.
I'll be updating my car soon
Upgrading headgasket + arp studs and rpm with valvetrain - more boost to push RV6 R660 drop in hoping for 580-600whp on a ported head

Was going to advise you to follow @jsrengines on IG - alot of those guys get tuned, have IG profiles but not on these forums - maybe recruit them to post their results here to keep the stats fresh and growing. Just a thought- lots of Si and Type Rs tuned.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be updating my car soon
Upgrading headgasket + arp studs and rpm with valvetrain - more boost to push RV6 R660 drop in hoping for 580-600whp on a ported head

Was going to advise you to follow @jsrengines on IG - alot of those guys get tuned, have IG profiles but not on these forums - maybe recruit them to post their results here to keep the stats fresh and growing. Just a thought- lots of Si and Type Rs tuned.
Sounds amazing on your build. :thumbsup:

As far as following guys on IG and "recruiting them", it's a good thought --- but IG's not my thing. On the other hand, if anyone here wants to let others know about this thread, it would be appreciated. I know in the past John Vega asked guys he's tuned to add their cars and we got a nice bump from that.

Back when the forum was more active, we had a bunch of people who added a link to this thread in their signatures to try to help. The more people on "team tune reliability", the better.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The value of adding an update post showing tuned miles driven...

So I just went through all the cars in the thread to post the new tuned miles driven stats --- a really valuable data point in terms of tuning reliability. And I realized that we have a high proportion of "one and dones". In other words, people adding their car early on in their tune experience which is great, but then they never add another post.

The problem with that is that it skews the tuned miles driven numbers and makes them artificially low because obviously they've driven additional miles. They just aren't reporting them. It's amazing how many cars we have from two years ago with less than 100 tuned miles driven on them. :oops:

I'm bolding the next paragraph because I think this may be one of the more important paragraphs in the thread ...

I know many people wait until they've made some huge build change before they add a new update post. From now on I'm hoping people will also add a simple "current tuned miles driven" or "additional tuned miles since my last post" posts from time to time. That info alone could dramatically increase this thread's accuracy. It's an easy way to help.

Last edited:

Old F@rt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, 2016 Z51 Stingray, 2006 Tundra
Country flag
Feel like I'm working on the car more than driving it, but here's an update.

Current mileage 40, 975. Still on TSP Stage II running E30-35 blend ( local station has E85 that is actually E85 & not E70 like many). Recently installed the KZCMC while changing brake/ clutch fluid. Also removed the MAP Street exhaust & slapped the stock pipe back on for 2 reasons. 1: the drone with my DP/FP & stiff engine mounts ( 70a all 3 mounts) combo was awful. 2: the MAP Street system robs power over the entire RPM range, so sticking with stock pipe for now. Added the engine mounts shortly after swapping clutch/flywheel ( didn't want to do at same time, incase there was any clutch vibration & I wouldn't be able to tell if it was the mounts/ flywheel etc). Lastly switched to 5-30 full syn oil for changes.

No issues to report.

Thanks again for all the work !!!

GerardV

First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe (Aegean Blue)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2018 Civic Si Coupe, with 82K+ miles, CAI and Tuner installed with 36k, down pipe, front pipe and clutch kit installed around 80K miles. Only issue was a roasted original clutch with approx 80K miles.

Ktuner v2- 23/19 tune
PRL Cobra Intake
PRL Front pipe
PRL Down pipe
VR6 Fk8 retro fit clutch
Exedy FK8
Cusco Strut Bar

Last edited:

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Perfect update.

You last posted in 2019 when you had 8,000 tuned miles. This is EXACTLY what I was saying earlier about tuned mileage updates. Thanks.

Last edited:

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
*update

Vehicle: 2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan

Total Tuned Time: 10 months

Total Tuned Mileage: 10k miles +

Tuning Device: Ktuner v1.2

Tunes used: 19.5 Normal/21.5 Sport (ots)

Additional Mods: PRL street intake, stage 1 Exedy Clutch (stock dmf), Borla catback, Whiteline rsb, Mishimoto fmic, Stoptech slotted rotors & street pads.

Problems/Issues: None whatsoever - I definitely prefer Ktuner OTS tunes vs. Hondata.
*Update

it’s probably been an additional 15-20k miles since my last post and no issues to report. 😎

Tunes used: OTS -
19.5 Normal/21.5 Sport

Additional mods added: Mishimoto FMIC core

Driving style: Spirited and mostly highway miles

Current Mileage: 70k

Old F@rt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Finally pulled the trigger on the ktuner v2, have no clue what average normal numbers and percentages to watch for
There is a great tutorial on youtube by "edge auto". Do a search for something like "Ktuner V2 edge auto" & it should pop up. Also search Civicx for V2 info- there is so much out there.

It will all start to make sense once you learn the system. Here is my setup ( might not compare to your mods, but just example)

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 20230610_223126

Now ignore all the numbers as car is sitting engine off, but it shows you the items that I like to keep checking. ( I'm running ethanol so forget lower left % )
If you go to Ktuner site, it will show you what these abbreviations are, & again the "edge auto" vid really helps.

If your still lost after all that, please feel free to DM me, or just make a post. HTH & enjoy

Last edited:

Bootleg Bill

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (CVT)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Small Update 3/16/2023
Just got the new Phearable Tune revision which for me was 2.5R Flex Fuel revision so far it's running good gives me more confidence especially with the parts I have installed so far

Flashed with 26,596 miles

Last part will be TIP then a big turbo but is it worth it with just installing a TIP or just do both at once?

Total tuned time: 9 Months

Tuned miles driven: 8,839 (8,319) miles was tuned with 2.5R Phearable.

Update: (Old) 4,520 miles ?? tuned with 2.5R Flex Fuel OTS by Phearable
(Lost count)

Update: (Currently) 7,365 miles
Phearable 2.5R Flex Fuel Revision
currently miles on the OD (33,369) miles

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V2

Tunes used: Ktuner 21psi Base Tune , Phearable's 1.5R tune,
(Old) 2.5R Flex Fuel Phearable tune

(Current)Phearable 2.5R Flex Fuel Revision 3/16/23

Fuel used: (76 91 Octane + E85 around 3 gallons to make E30)

Additional related mods: PRL CAI Race Maf
,Mishimoto Intercooler with Charge pipes, Sirimoto strut bar, drift king oil catch can, <---(removed)
Custom Flex Fuel Kit with ETFE Tefzel, Type R RMM, Sirimoto Phase 2 endlinks,
PRL turbo Inlet pipe Race Maf, PRL CVT oil cooler Type R Rear subframe brace,

Update Installed parts
PRL Turbo Inlet pipe Race Maf (06/09/23)
PRL CVT oil cooler (05/30/23)

Future mods: once turbo dies get a big turbo kit, koyo racing radiator.

Problems/issues: CVT transmission oil pan replaced under warranty because of small Crack no oil dripping ever since
I also have been noticing -10% to -7% LFT1 again might be because of the PRL turbo inlet pipe. Drift king oil catch gave out the twist off cap under the can gave out might because of pressure. Will change for a mishimoto oil catch can🤧 feel dumb not getting it again the first time.

Driving style: Driving Like I stole it, ripping through highways and canyon roads when I can. Most of the time I drove conservatively. Lately have been driving like a grandpa with more power comes great responsibilities

Tune experience notes: loving it and always will love it.

Old F@rt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update Installed parts
PRL Turbo Inlet pipe Race Maf (06/09/23)

I also have been noticing -10% to -7% LFT1 again might be because of the PRL turbo inlet pipe.
I'll bet your negative fuel trims have nothing to do with the PRL TIP, & it's just a side affect of the Race MAF. I've found the Race MAF only seems happy when car is pushed hard. Honestly, this makes sense, as it was designed for more airflow. Anytime my car is sitting in stop/go , I can watch the LTFT creep into more negative ranges. Once I can then get on an open road, the LTFTS will drop
Sponsored