The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models)

Xlohen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
New update I got the car back around May(ish) and started focusing on ricing the civic out and making it look nice, everything feels fine and drives great, mpg went up to 27.5 and also upgraded to the 1.5r phearable tune last month currently at 33k miles, hopefully getting a big turbo by beginning of next year if not some time next year, Iā€™ll include some pics of the build!!
E541BFC5-EA3B-42E9-897B-3CA0BE9A1005.jpeg
ED9E1AD0-0ABE-464B-8C12-FD7A112292B3.jpeg
40k mile mark update, canceled the big turbo plan might just go for the 2.5r tune, battery died last December but I was expecting it too, I started working at a Honda dealership and probably would just wanna get a project civic to do something crazy too, mpg still around 27.5, no other problem with the actual car or tune but thinking of raising the car back up a little bit, looks good but annoying for any bump on the road, i removed the backseats, spare tire, and accessories for a weekend and had some fun, but ultimately decided it was pretty dumb so back in, other then that we chilling
Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 483E65FE-3D26-42F0-933B-69CF2CDF3D26
Sponsored

Xlohen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
40k mile mark update, canceled the big turbo plan might just go for the 2.5r tune, battery died last December but I was expecting it too, I started working at a Honda dealership and probably would just wanna get a project civic to do something crazy too, mpg still around 27.5, no other problem with the actual car or tune but thinking of raising the car back up a little bit, looks good but annoying for any bump on the road, i removed the backseats, spare tire, and accessories for a weekend and had some fun, but ultimately decided it was pretty dumb so back in, other then that we chilling
483E65FE-3D26-42F0-933B-69CF2CDF3D26.jpeg
Ohh and my front splitter broke off due to a speed bumpšŸ˜…

Yamz95

First Name
Yamir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic si
Country flag
Sheesh time flies, i havenā€™t posted an update on my car in 7 months, so here it it is.
Update:

Vehicle: 2020 Si Sedan

Total tuned time: 10 months( 7mo since last update)

Tuned miles driven: 21,000 miles (19,000 since last update) 51k miles overall

Tuning device(s) used: Ktuner v2

Tunes used: TSP Stage 1+

Fuel used: Exxon Synergy Supreme+ 93

Additional related mods: MAPerformance Race Catback and FP, PRL Cobra CAI(street), PRL Catless downpipe (added 3mo ago) and Hasport 63A rear motor mount.

Problems/issues: I have nothing significant to report. I still use Map 3 on the weekends and Map 1 during the week. I hadnā€™t had a single clutch slip in 7 months until yesterday, racing my cousins fbo 2021 Miata on the the 2nd map 3 pull. Id say thatā€™s pretty damn good considering that I now have 21k tuned miles on the stock clutch, 52k miles overall. I do have a fx350 sitting in my garage so Iā€™m prepared for it to give out but it still has plenty of life.
Hello fellow 10th gen owners, itā€™s been about 6mo since my last update and felt the need to do so now.

Vehicle: 2020 Si Sedan

Total tuned time: 1 year and 4mo

Tuned miles driven: 38k miles, 68k miles overall

Tuning device(s) used: Ktuner v2

Tunes used: TSP Stage 1+, TSP stage 2 last month

Fuel used: Exxon Synergy Supreme+ 93, HEB e85

Additional related mods: MAPerformance Race Catback and FP, PRL Cobra CAI(Race), PRL Catless downpipe, Full Hasport 63A/83A motor mount kit, PRL Flex Fuel kit, and PRL titanium inlet pipe. Acuity short shifter, 27won BBK

Problems/issues: I still donā€™t have much to report. Car is kept on Map 1 during the week and map 3 on the weekends. I had been running the tsp stage 1+ ever since and recently switched over to flex fuel and stage 2, have been on it for 800 miles now. Now on tsp 1+ I hadnā€™t had a single clutch slip since my last update, which is rather surprising since Iā€™ve experienced it already, but have done my due diligence and havenā€™t abused my car. On stage 2 Iā€™ve been sitting at e35 and had 2 ever so slight clutch slip which is to be expected at that power level. Iā€™ve only done 2 pulls on stage 2 as my oil life was 85% when switching over just to get a feel. Will be switching to 5w-30 oil like many have done and will be installing new/re-gapped spark plugs. Will also run a full fuel system cleaner as well and turbo/intake cleaner. Will also check my pcv valve to see if it needs to be replaced since car is at 68k miles. Overall Iā€™ve been having a blast with the car with minimal issues.

ispinbearings

First Name
erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Civic si
Country flag
Hey everyone! This is my first post here, but im a gearhead/thrill seeker/tinkerer by nature.
Im located in the Santa Rosa, CA so plenty of canyon roads :thumbsup:
I may or may not have already had to replace the tires haha, but man those Michelin PS4s have more grip than Im willing to push on public roads!

My other subjects of abuse :
2020 Zero FXS Supermoto with lots of mods
2007 4runner with serious suspension mods(goes long travel next season)
a heavily modded Onewheel (lol)

I just got my 2018 Civic Si 6 months ago @ 43k miles and love everything about it.
Needless to say I beat the piss out of it just like all my toys, but I am very good at staying ahead of maint. (work hard play hard).

I put a PRL Intake & Flashpro on it around 51k miles
Currently running a +9 tune with the boost by gear keeping things relatively tame until 3rd gear.

As per username, I dont expect my honda to last for ever, and whatever breaks will be replaced with an upgrade, which is how my 4runner became so beastly.

TL;DR: 50k stock miles no issues
1k tuned miles so far and counting
I drive my cars hard, so ill be back here soon sadly lol

Vehicle: 2018 Civic SI Coupe

Total tuned time: 1 month

Tuned miles driven: 1,000+

Tuning device(s) used: Hondata Flashpro

Tunes used: Hondata +6 and my own +9 tune

Fuel used: 91 + boostane for 95 ish

Additional related mods: PRL CAI Street MAF

Problems/issues: Abusive Relationship

Driving style: Slightly speedy with aggressive bursts from time to time, canyon carving, no track time....if i cant hear my tires Im not using all my grip

Tune experience notes: Night and day difference, even if it started something I said i wouldnt do with this car....mod it lol. If you bought an Si, slap a +6 tune on it, and drive it like it was meant to be. This car brought back my love for driving. Being a person who lacks self preservation, I often find myself bored on road vs offroad where I can drift, explore, jump and crawl all over. This car adds a dynamic and theater for a price you cant beat....once again this car made street driving fun again!

Cant wait to see how she holds up!
***UPDATE***

Rain finally let up and was able to keep the Civic in 3rd -4th on some beautiful canyon roads.
Ran into knock on partial throttle on some higher pace switchbacks
about 25 knocks in a less than 2 secs, K.contrl up to 99%

Reduced tune to +6 base and ran again the next day on similar road. Ran good until about an 30 mins into the "touge" downhill section.

Actually caught it on camera, I was in 3rd around 4k rpms and feeding in about 25% throttle on a quick S-turn that becomes a hairpin.

No errors and kcontrol eventually went back down after taking it easy on the way home.

Replacing spark plugs, got new gas from a reputable station, and will be thrashing on stock tune for a few days to see if the knock comes back.

Assumption is bad gas since even in +9 tune i had boost turned down until higher RPMS.

Will update after some dives into some logs and testing

***2 weeks Later***
Put in some new sparkplugs and ran 2 tanks of 91 without boostane(corn juice not in my area).
Seems as if the knock is gone and k.cntrl is been sitting steady around .54-60

My entire reason to moving to an octane booster is due to kcontrl shooting up on hard accel.
While I initally assumed it was the lower octane, looks like it may have just been the sparkplugs!

Will take her out for another "touge" run next weekend.

TL:DR if your tuned over 40k miles, changer your plugs, its the cheapest easiet thing you can do to keep the engine happy.

Last edited:

DadBodMod17

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic 4dr Si.
Country flag
Update to post 4384, 4499, 4804.
Vehicle: 2019 Civic Si Sedan

Total tuned time: 6 months

Tuned miles driven: ~5,000

Tuning device(s) used: K-Tuner 2.0

Tunes used: MAPerformance Stage 1+

Fuel used: 93 Only. Shell VPower

Additional related mods: StopTech Drilled/Slotted Rotors (all 4), Hawk 5.0 Pads, MAP Intake. PRL HVDP, PRL Front Pipe

Problems/issues: None really. LTFT hovers around positive 5. K. Control sits solidly at 0.49 since switching from Sunoco to Shell. My LTFTā€™s have crept up rather high at times to positive 12-14 which was troubling but a gentle drive calms them down to the positive 5 area. Only once have i ever seen negative LTFT. Not loving the LTFT fluctuations. Going to switch over to PRL intake system with an ots tune next black-Friday, if not sooner.

Driving style: still only get to drive once or twice a week and not for too long. But itā€™s fun when i do get to get her on the road. We DP/FP combo brings further enjoyment from a better sound and even more responsive turbo spool. My MPG stats have not loved it though haha.

Tune experience notes: still loving this car more and more with each update. Next on my list is a new FMIC, PRL intake and TIP (to help make the DP swap easier for inspection time (thanks NY). Eventually will save up to do the clutch/fly wheel. But Iā€™ll use it till i loose it.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the update DadBod. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
People are tuning 10th gens now more than ever with warranties expiring and people buying used cars. Yet the thread has gotten slower and slower. We're only getting a couple new cars added a month (if we're lucky). The frustration is real.

Tuned owners --- add your car here and make the community better!

Hopefully things will turn around and we'll get more tuned owners onboard. If not, at least we've gathered some valuable info on tuning and tuning reliability, right?

Last edited:

Longislandcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 hatchback
Country flag
My car keeps chugging along drama free, and there really isn't much to update. Maybe when i reach 100k miles.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My car keeps chugging along drama free, and there really isn't much to update. Maybe when i reach 100k miles.
The whole idea is to post periodic updates to show things as simple but important as additional miles driven. That's why I have that info in the reliability statistics. Haven't you driven any tuned miles since October?

I sure hope others understand that and don't think the only reason to add a new update post is if they have an issue or MAJOR change. Yikes. No wonder our average car is only reporting 16,000 tuned miles driven.

Last edited:

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
People are tuning 10th gens now more than ever with warranties expiring and people buying used cars. Yet the thread has gotten slower and slower. We're only getting a couple new cars added a month (if we're lucky). The frustration is real.

Tuned owners --- add your car here and make the community better!

Hopefully things will turn around and we'll get more tuned owners onboard. If not, at least we've gathered some valuable info on tuning and tuning reliability, right?
Iā€™m not tuned (yet), but I find this thread very commendable. One thing I noticed is that it could be hard to digest all the data and get a feel for any trends that may be emerging, by nature of the forum thread format.

How do you organize the data from this thread? Is there a spreadsheet that you update? If so, I wouldnā€™t mind playing around with the data to 1. Help visualize the statistics, and 2. See if there may be any trends emerging. Let me know if that sounds like something youā€™d like to add to this thread.

I also would like to do this for my own selfish reasonsā€¦ to know what I may be getting myself into if I ever tune my Hatch šŸ˜…

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No spreadsheet or anything fancy just me manually tallying the info from the "survey forms" as they come in. If you read the first post, I also have some observations on the failures and other facts based on the stats.

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Iā€™m not tuned (yet)...

I also would like to do this for my own selfish reasonsā€¦ to know what I may be getting myself into if I ever tune my Hatch šŸ˜…
At the very least, I would highly recommend getting a Ktuner with one of the OTS race tunes. It completely changes the driving experience. You should find through the information in this thread that those are very safe, and often satisfy the itch.

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
No spreadsheet or anything fancy just me manually tallying the info from the "survey forms" as they come in. If you read the first post, I also have some observations on the failures and other facts based on the stats.
Gotcha, so this forum thread is the only place where this data lives? Or have you consolidated it offline?

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2017 FBO Civic SI Coupe (Sold)
Country flag
Link to SI: https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...lity-thread-for-all-models.42361/post-1215985

Vehicle: 2018 Civic Type R

Total tuned time: Unknown

Tuned miles driven: Unknown, 61k overall

Tuning device(s) used: Hondata Flashpro (Race)

Tunes used: Unknown (bad tune), Hondata base 91 map

Fuel used: 91 with the occasional gallon on E85

Additional related mods: Just a PRL Intercooler for now.

Problems/issues: Previous owners tune limited the car to 14psi and had an uneven powerband. (could maybe be due to buying a car at low altitude and taking it up to Colorado but I doubt it)

Driving style: Pretty average daily use so far except in the mountains. Can't wait to beat the piss out of it on the track chasing my FBO SI times.

Tune experience notes: As it sits now the Type R is a bit slower than my old big turbo SI but doesn't have the same turbo lag the SI suffered from.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)