The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models)

DurinsBane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Country flag
I went from the Flashpro to the V2 so hardware-wise that was a big upgrade. I do agree that the Flashpro software program runs a bit smoother, but once you get used to Ktuner, you'll find it's actually very good. On the other hand, I had so many connection issues with Tunerview, I stopped using it. Of course my V2 has a screen so that's a big plus. Enjoy your Phearable 1.5R tune. It's the best.

You're keeping the V1.2 plugged in and it doesn't revert to the last used tune on startup?
Personally, I didn't really want the extra screen from the V2. I have a phone mount I love that places my phone directly beside my HU and is perfect for displaying car stats (when the app works
?) . I keep the ktuner unit plugged in the whole time, even when the cars off. After multiple car starts it always resets to map 1. Not the biggest deal in the world and is something I can learn to live with, figuring out how to get tunerview to work is a bigger priority for me and will probably reach out to them if I can't get it figured out.

And thanks! love the tune so far, just need that flywheel to come in so I can fully appreciate 1.5Rs power!
Sponsored

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
figuring out how to get tunerview to work is a bigger priority for me and will probably reach out to them if I can't get it figured out.
Contact @Linszter. He might give you some tips or tricks.

aznguy1992

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2018 Sedan
Country flag
Vehicle: 2018 SI Sedan

Total tuned time: July 2021

Tuned miles driven: 7000 miles

Tuning device(s) used: Ktuner v2

Tunes used: Ktuner base maps/TSP Stage One/ TSP Stage One +

Fuel used: 93 octane (1-2 gallons e85/rest 91

Additional related mods:

PRL street CAI

27WON rmm (90a race)

PRL Frontpipe

PRL High Volume Downpipe

PRL Turbo Inlet Pipe With Torque Solution Blow Off Valve adapter

Muffler Delete

D2 lowering springs

Custom mod appearance

Real Front Open Vent Garnishes

2020 Rear SI garnishes

Honey Comb Mesh Grille

Led rear reflectors

Mudflaps

SI Front Emblem LED

Acuity Esco-T6 Shift Knob White

Problems/issues: Had two misfires (car acceleration lost power.) Had to turn off car and reset. Problem has never came back. But I am sure it is an injector issue. I used Techron fuel injector cleaner every 2-3k miles at the moment so far issues stopped. I will probably swap out injectors if it happens again.

Driving style: Baby here and there. Sometimes I do bang on it especially when I want to try out new parts or someone really wants to run it.

Tuning Experience Notes: Being my first ever manual car and the experience before not knowing how to drive a manual. Driving auto for 10 years and going to manual. I can’t go back to auto anymore. I bought ktuner and used the basemaps and felt the difference between stock and just the ktuner basemaps. I bought the tsp stage 1 about three months later. Another difference. Finally seeing tsp stage one +. I did my reading and contacted Daniel from Ktuner and he answered all the questions I needed. So far it is great and no issues just do your maintenance regularly don’t delay it. I may upgrade to tsp stage 2 or just get a bigger turbo for more basic tuning than taking it to get custom.

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 2D9D9AA1-BDC0-479E-B83F-D58E82B55A43

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 8D5DE76E-F998-4E48-981A-9C416A18C37D

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) E84D7FEC-A16B-4A09-8966-FCE15897A6C1

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 0DE8B9EB-F3B5-4B44-89F6-BEACA7300217

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 0B496F5A-11AA-4141-9A6B-DB3058D1EAF9

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 36FACFFE-27E5-404D-B759-B4E51E6E9243

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 918741B9-E0A5-4D9C-A6F2-B8D783C4FFA4

Last edited:
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Stats correction.

I realized I didn't have the correct stats for cars with 25,000 or more miles driven. When I originally started tallying the cars with 25,000+ tuned miles, I searched the thread for "tuned miles driven" which is part of the current car entry format. But today, I realized I screwed up.

Back when I started the thread, the original format was "total tuned mileage". It was like that for a long time. When I added that additional search, the total numbers increased. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

gizzyboy3500

First Name
gizzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic hatchback
Country flag

Additional related mods:

PRL street CAI

27WON rmm (90a race)

PRL Frontpipe

PRL High Volume Downpipe

Muffler Delete

D2 lowering springs

Custom mod appearance

2020 Rear SI garnishes

Honey Comb Mesh Grille

Led rear reflectors

Mudflaps

SI Front Emblem LED

Problems/issues: Had two misfires (car acceleration lost power.) Had to turn off car and reset. Problem has never came back. But I am sure it is an injector issue. I used Techron fuel injector cleaner every 2-3k miles at the moment so far issues stopped. I will probably swap out injectors if it happens again.

Driving style: Baby here and there. Sometimes I do bang on it especially when I want to try out new parts or someone really wants to run it.

Tuning Experience Notes: Being my first ever manual car and the experience before not knowing how to drive a manual. Driving auto for 10 years and going to manual. I can’t go back to auto anymore. I bought ktuner and used the basemaps and felt the difference between stock and just the ktuner basemaps. I bought the tsp stage 1 about three months later. Another difference. Finally seeing tsp stage one +. I did my reading and contacted Daniel from Ktuner and he answered all the questions I needed. So far it is great and no issues just do your maintenance regularly don’t delay it. I may upgrade to tsp stage 2 or just get a bigger turbo for more basic tuning than taking it to get custom.

2D9D9AA1-BDC0-479E-B83F-D58E82B55A43.jpeg

8D5DE76E-F998-4E48-981A-9C416A18C37D.jpeg

E84D7FEC-A16B-4A09-8966-FCE15897A6C1.jpeg

0DE8B9EB-F3B5-4B44-89F6-BEACA7300217.jpeg

0B496F5A-11AA-4141-9A6B-DB3058D1EAF9.jpeg

36FACFFE-27E5-404D-B759-B4E51E6E9243.jpeg

918741B9-E0A5-4D9C-A6F2-B8D783C4FFA4.jpeg
how hav the d2 springs held up

aznguy1992

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

jstett

First Name
jansen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag

Additional related mods:

PRL street CAI

27WON rmm (90a race)

PRL Frontpipe

PRL High Volume Downpipe

Muffler Delete

D2 lowering springs

Custom mod appearance

2020 Rear SI garnishes

Honey Comb Mesh Grille

Led rear reflectors

Mudflaps

SI Front Emblem LED

2D9D9AA1-BDC0-479E-B83F-D58E82B55A43.jpeg

8D5DE76E-F998-4E48-981A-9C416A18C37D.jpeg

E84D7FEC-A16B-4A09-8966-FCE15897A6C1.jpeg

0DE8B9EB-F3B5-4B44-89F6-BEACA7300217.jpeg

0B496F5A-11AA-4141-9A6B-DB3058D1EAF9.jpeg

36FACFFE-27E5-404D-B759-B4E51E6E9243.jpeg

918741B9-E0A5-4D9C-A6F2-B8D783C4FFA4.jpeg
where did you get your led badge from?

aznguy1992

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
where did you get your led badge from?
Amazon works well. You do need an aftermarket honey comb front grille as the stock one will not work with the LED emblem.

Last edited:

@that_1redcivic

First Name
Milly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (CVT)
Country flag
Thanks for the input, Injen was not my first choice, but I picked up the Injen, CAI, charge tubes, intercooler and flex fuel kit out of a totaled hatchback sport for less than $500. Could not say no to that deal!

My LTFT hovers around -10 and STFT goes -5 to -15.
Everyone talks about fuel trims, but I cannot find anything that shows the long term affects of fuel trims on engine performance or reliability. What is considered "Bad" fuel trims and what is acceptable? These questions always seem to have generic and vague information floating around. If there is a thread with some data to review, I would love to learn more about it.
Also have Injen intake but for non-Si also experience -15 or -16 STFT when I let off throttle. LTFT is usually 2% after a long drive. During WOT everything is stable. The issue with the Injen is running lean for a quarter of a second, and is it really that bad?

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
update. Been a year added another 20k miles.

Vehicle: 2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT

Total tuned time: 3 years

Total tuned mileage: 48000+ miles Current odometer mileage 72000

Tuning device(s) used: Hondata CARB Flashpro

Tunes used: Hondata +6 Carb

Fuel used: Chevron / 76 / Costco 91 only

Additional engine mods: K&N Drop in Filter / Type r Exhaust

Problems/issues: None

Driving style: Slightly speedy with aggressive bursts from time to time.

Tuning experience notes: Bought the cheapest and simplest set it and forget it tune from Hondata for daily commute. So far no issues. Done chip tuning before with my Volkswagen Golf and Passat. But will say never had issues with the tuning on those cars. But they were just electronically unreliable. Sensors going out/ windows falling in doors. Coil packs going bad. Not a vw fan anymore.

Last edited:

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for adding the update. Continued good luck. :thumbsup:

Just a friendly reminder to all tuned owners. If you're tuned, add your car here. Whether you've been tuned for a few days or a few years, all cars added help out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Also have Injen intake but for non-Si also experience -15 or -16 STFT when I let off throttle. LTFT is usually 2% after a long drive. During WOT everything is stable. The issue with the Injen is running lean for a quarter of a second, and is it really that bad?
Actually the numbers you posted mean the car is running rich, not lean, off throttle.

Post up a datalog, I'd like to take a look.

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Monthly update:

Vehicle: 2019 Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT

Total tuned time: ~3 months

Tuned miles driven: ~3,100 (15,737 total miles)

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner v2

Tunes used: TSP Stage 1

Fuel used: Top Tier 93 Octane

Additional related mods (no changes since last update): Mishimoto Baffled Oil Catch Can, Mishimoto Intercooler, 27won CAI, MSD Blaster Ignition Coils, NGK Ruthenium Spark Plugs, HASport 62A Motor Mount

Problems/issues: Two weekends ago fuel trims went weirdly negative very quickly as I approached the tail end of a tank of gas (from -1% to -7% LTFT in a matter of 15 minutes). Filled up with 93 octane and they've been fine since, sitting at 0% LTFT generally.

Driving style: Map 2, non-eco is my daily. Plenty of responsiveness and power for DD.

Tuning experience notes: Not much to note. Transmission is a little temperamental in cold weather, second gear specifically. Seems to be a common occurrence from what I've read
Monthly update:

Vehicle: 2019 Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT

Total tuned time: ~4 months

Tuned miles driven: ~4,100 (~16,800 total miles)

Tunes used: TSP Stage 1

Fuel used: Top Tier 93 Octane

Additional related mods (no changes since last update): Mishimoto Baffled Oil Catch Can, Mishimoto Intercooler, 27won CAI, MSD Blaster Ignition Coils, NGK Ruthenium Spark Plugs, HASport 62A Motor Mount

Problems/issues: None.

Driving style: Lots of ice and snow lately, so more conservative and on stock eco-mode. Too easy to spin the tires with TSP otherwise :).

Tuning experience notes: Catch can fills up with condensation very quickly in the colder months. Emptying about every two weeks.

carboi

First Name
Anesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda civic coupe touring
Country flag
Vehicle: 2016 Honda civic coupe touring cvt

Total tuned time: 1 month

Tuned kms driven: 500 (96000 total kms)

Tunes used: TSP Stage 1, Currently on custom tune from Evolution Auto, Vancouver

Fuel used: Shell 93 Octane

Mods : Injen CAI, PRL downpipe V2, Magnaflow catback exhaust, BMS high performance intercooler, Boomba racing rear motor mount, DC Sports front upper strut bar, Powerstop front & rear slotted and drilled rotors with carbon cermamic brake pads.

Upcoming mods: PRL frontpipe, PRL turbo inlet pipe, lowering springs, Enkei wheels and some cosmetic mods.

Power: 255 whp and 240 lb-ft torque on 18 PSI.

Problems/issues: Did face some issues with the fuel trims in tsp but runs perfect on the custom tune now.

Driving style: Trying to be conservative but just been flooring it most of the time since getting the new tune.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wow. 255 whp with only 18 psi boost? Do you happen to have the dyno sheet to post?
Sponsored