The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models)

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

terps2005

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
Honestly, that's what I'd do.

Check this out. 360glitch knows his stuff.
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/tsp-stage-1-with-map-intake.70511/post-1086885

That intake is pretty much known to require some MAF scaling which you can't do on a locked OTS tune. You could use a KTuner starter map and fix the MAF scaling. Or sell the intake and get a PRL or 27Won intake.
Thanks again. Stock intake is back on. Iā€™ll do a log tomorrow and see how it looks. Iā€™ll miss the sound but it certainly isnā€™t worth doing any damage overā€¦

JVel

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXT Sedan
Country flag
Question: just wanted some clarification. If I choose the stock MAF housing option and later get a PRL CAI do I need to change the MAF housing again?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not if you get the street MAF version of the PRL intake.

Average Joeee

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Vehicle: 2018 Civic Si Coupe

Total tuned time: 3 hrs

Tuned miles driven: Like 18 miles maybe?

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V2

Tunes used: Current Config: TSP Stage 1 (planing TSP Stage 1+)

Fuel used: Sheetz 93 (trying to see if there is any better 93 options in PA)

Additional related mods: PRL Short ram(street), Greddy DDR Catback

Problems/issues: None so far

Driving style: Chill for the most part, pulls from time to time never WOT under 3k

Tuning experience notes: This is my first time ever modding a car tuning etc.. mainly asked my brother everything I know as he has a big turbo speed 3.

Other: Bought the car in May used with 38k miles am the 2nd owner currently has 43k miles.

Plans: I plan on getting a PRL Catless DP and the FP very soon within 2 weeks and also getting a mishimoto intercooler soon. My end goal is like 300whp maybe with a bigger turbo like a 27Won or RV6 but I DO NOT want to go Flex Fuel if I can help it.

Last edited:

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Joeee... you might have missed this. ;)

Last edited:

Average Joeee

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
? haha.... anyway is it normal with the TSP Stage 1 that after I let off the throttle its kinda jerky? Is it something to do with throttle response or something someone said any ideas?

And when I say jerky I dont mean like violent. Its just a subtle annoying jerk something I noticed after the first drive.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Go into the tune again and adjust throttle padding and throttle response. Sometimes that smoothes that jerkiness out.

Throttle response 1 and medium padding (or even soft) would be a good starting point to try. It may take a couple tries to get things set up to your liking.

So to recap...

Load the TSP tune to the software.

Find the throttle response and throttle padding settings.

Adjust to Improved I and Medium (or Soft) respectively.

Upload that new setup to your V2.

Flash the tune.

Last edited:

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
? haha.... anyway is it normal with the TSP Stage 1 that after I let off the throttle its kinda jerky? Is it something to do with throttle response or something someone said any ideas?

And when I say jerky I dont mean like violent. Its just a subtle annoying jerk something I noticed after the first drive.
I found throttle padding on medium and and throttle to improved 1 to be the best. Not sure if you tried that when I mentioned it.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What I cannot find, if itā€™s even possible, is how to set throttle resp & padding per boost map for dual-tunes. Running TSP Stage 1, and Iā€™d like to have different resp & padding options for Normal & Sport mode. Seems like those settings are global. ??

Relatedly, Iā€™d like to see the Quick Adjustments available By Gear, similar to BBG.

In essence, I think itā€™d be cool to be able to have almost two different vehicles activated by the Normal/Sport switch:
  • Normal Mode
    • BBG: 15 PSI below 4K RPMs -> 19 PSI above 4K RPMs
    • Throttle Responsiveness: Improved I
    • Throttle Padding: Soft
    • Turbo Responsiveness: Improved I
    • Turbo Spool: Improved I
  • Sport Mode
    • BBG: 18 PSI below 4K RPMs -> 24 PSI above 4K RPMs
    • Throttle Responsiveness: Improved II
    • Throttle Padding: Standard
    • Turbo Responsiveness: Improved II
    • Turbo Spool: Improved II
@KTuner : Any thoughts/ideas on this possibility? Also, while I have your ear, any idea when v1.3 will be out with an updated BLE chip in order to move past the constant ā€˜connecting toā€¦ā€™ issue? Or does TunerViewLite need to be updated? Thank you! ??

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
As far as I know, throttle settings are universally applied. In other words, they can't be set up differently for different maps by the end user.

On the other hand, I don't know if a pro tuner has the access/ability to do that on a custom tune. Hopefully JR can chime in.

Last edited:

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also, while I have your ear, any idea when v1.3 will be out with an updated BLE chip in order to move past the constant ā€˜connecting toā€¦ā€™ issue? Or does TunerViewLite need to be updated? Thank you! ??
Several of us have noticed the bluetooth reconnecting issue, but for most, it goes away after a few minutes. Give it 10 minutes and see if it stabilizes for you. It seems to be something to do with the radio's power up sequence handling TunerViewLite, as it doesn't seem to happen if you connect the k-tuner after the car has been on for 10 minutes. Just leave the auto-connect checkbox set and it should get past the reconnects.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Several of us have noticed the bluetooth reconnecting issue, but for most, it goes away after a few minutes. Give it 10 minutes and see if it stabilizes for you. It seems to be something to do with the radio's power up sequence handling TunerViewLite, as it doesn't seem to happen if you connect the k-tuner after the car has been on for 10 minutes. Just leave the auto-connect checkbox set and it should get past the reconnects.
I would agree with you, and to drill deeper, I think the most probable cause is a memory issue with TunerView. Check this out: Iā€™ve set the steering wheel key mapping feature in HondaHack to set Key #8 (the ā€™downā€™ button on the lefthand d-pad, which is redundant with the ā€™upā€™ button because it simply scrolls through audio input options) for two mapping operations: 1) short-press -> clear cache turbo, and 2) long-press -> activate TunerView.

Now, if I want TunerView, I hit the left d-pad ā€˜downā€™ button once, then long-press it. Super simple, no fuss, no muss, and TunerView shows up perfectly with no connection error.

ā˜? Given this, I wonder if TunerView Lite could be updated to better use memory, or if Honda Hack needs to be updated.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As far as I know, throttle settings are universally applied. In other words, they can't be set up differently for different maps by the end user.

On the other hand, I don't know if a pro tuner has the access/ability to do that on a custom tune. Hopefully JR can chime in.
Right, AFAIK, theyā€™re global settings, but Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s a Ktuner limitation (which, theoretically, could be changed with a software update), or an ECU limitation.
Sponsored