The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
VEHICLE: 2019 SI coupe TYP

TOTAL TUNED TIME: 1 year

TUNED MILES DRIVEN: 35000km 21700mi

TUNING DEVICE: Ktuner V2

TUNES USED: Phearable 1.5 map 1 exclusive

FUEL USED: Shell 91 *ethanol free*

ADDITIONAL RELATED MODS: 27WON-street intake, 27WON TIP, 27WON full cattless exhaust.
all other mods I believe are cosmetic in terms of reliability.

PROBLEM/ISSUES: had a CEl warning that would return repeatedly after contacting Pherable they sent a revised tune w. (P0139 &P0420 deactivated) and I've been good since then.
Inconsistent Kcount using petro 94 Alberta Canada
After installing 27WON TIP AND* cattless DP I noticed my LTFT climb up to -8 over a day and 50-100km of driving before reload a ove mentioned revised tune.

NOTES: still stock clutch no slipping. But I did yesterday let the clutch pedal out suddenly before I took out of gear. Hurt my sole when it jerked that bad owe her a full detail.

Kcount has been consistent between .49-.52 with Shel 91 Ethanol free!

LTFT crept up to -8% and was staying high for not 100% if this was resolved by the revised tune, or if it was even a result of the new Mod (tip) or driving without the revised tune. never noticed it before with just cattless DP or on the revised.
-will update later after running above mentioned tune.

Picture is the evening immediately after installation.
Gf tried to get me a picture yesterday of the elevated LTFT unfortunately its a blurry mess and I don't know how to CSI "enhance " the image

Pictures of my install! And painting of heat shield with VHT header paint because orange that's why!

Bonus! My best buddy Terry supervising the install.

Shamless plug. For more pictures of either the car of the pets check out my insta. abs_brakes_

20210730_081304.jpg

20210729_171212.jpg

20210729_185228.jpg

20210729_193220.jpg

20210729_202344.jpg

20210729_225346.jpg

20210730_140520.jpg

20210729_190149.jpg
The orange actually looks good ? ????

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Long-time thread lurker. Going to get around to posting my car since I finally bout a Ktuner from another member last weekend. I was wondering, though, are there any solutions y'all can think of for preserving a ktuner's screen WITHOUT that ugly ass plastic it comes with? Want to prevent my tuner from looking like my infotainment system ?

vctwhitepearl

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda SI Coupe
Country flag
NEW UPDATE: flash to new Phearable 1.5r

UPDATE: @ 83K changed on the fly 3 tune setup from aggressive Ktuner 21 -24 custom to Phearable 1.5 - 15, 20, 24

Vehicle: 2017 Civic Hatch EX

Total tuned time: 4 Years as of November this year

Total tuned mileage: 70K+

Tuning device(s) used: PC Ktuner software, KTuner v1.2

Tunes used: Ktuner Starter 21 customized, currently Phearable 1.5

Fuel used: 93 Shell, 93 ROFO

Additional engine mods: stock

Problems/issues: None so far

Driving style: try to maintain the rules of the road as far as lane occupation etc etc mostly respectful go 10-12 above however there are the occasional let it fly bursts when needed to pass the groups of idiots who clog the lanes

Tuning experience notes: Fun times keep rolling on in my Honda, enjoy using Ktuner 21 great to experiment with, Phearable is great as is. Loaded 5 Hi to Lo tunes in 1.2 slots and flash from Tunerview mobile app.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey, gang! Tuning-related Q (and we all know this is THE BEST PLACE for such Qs ?): I love the BPV sound from my Mishi intake, and I want moar of it (not going to mod the valve, don’t worry!). It seems to me that, theoretically, tuning for higher boost would automatically lead to a louder BPV sound, especially with an intake. Is this true? Thoughts?

TYIA, and ?? @gtman for this amazing thread!

magshell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback ST
Country flag
Vehicle: 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (CVT)

Total tuned time: 21 months

Tuned miles driven: ~4,000

Current mileage: 35,000 miles (bought used at 30,000)

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V2

Tunes used: TSP Stage 1; KTuner Dual Starter 21 w/aggressive quick adjustments

Fuel used: Shell 91

Additional related mods: Mishimoto Intake, PRL Cobra Race CAI, PRL Intercooler + Pipes, RV6 Catted DP

Problems/issues: Easily reach 1.09 KC value on a single WOT with artificial knock disabled

Driving style: Mostly city driving with ~10min trips. Aggressive WOTs on highway ramp/merging. Get 21mpg

Tuning experience notes: Been on TSP most of the time but recently switched to KTuner 21 for the artificial knock control. Tried adjusting MAF voltages to decrease my LTFT from -10 but just made it worse so I gave up.
Flashed Phearable 1.5R.

The biggest difference for me in power was moving from the hot Arizona desert to the cooler PNW weather in Washington ?. My knock control now stays at .49-51 when doing pulls. Also switched to Chevron 92 up here.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Flashed Phearable 1.5R.

The biggest difference for me in power was moving from the hot Arizona desert to the cooler PNW weather in Washington ?. My knock control now stays at .49-51 when doing pulls. Also switched to Chevron 92 up here.
Another 1.5R user. Nice.

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yearly update!! (3rd update I think)

Vehicle: 2017 Si sedan

Total tuned time: 4 years

Total tuned mileage: 80,000

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner v1.2

Tunes used: Ktuner base maps, vit stage 1, custom javi tune and currently drob etune.

Fuel used: 93(76, mobile or shell) and E30-35 blends

Additional engine mods: rv6 down/front pipe catless, PRL Intercooler and flex kit, Cm Fx350 W1 turbo MAP intake

Problems/issues: Absolutely zero still! She treats me so well :)

So I beat on this car very very hard, especially since my last update. The civic retired from being a daily driver in February this year so these last 6 months (10,000 miles) I have had no reason to go easy on the car. I have also done 4 track days at PBIR in Florida heat. 3 to 4 20 minute sessions each track day. Sport mode E35 blends for all 4 track days. The last 10,000 miles on my car are all hard miles, I literally only drive the car hard now if I’m going to drive it otherwise I take the daily. I don’t know if I’m just really lucky or what but I will hopefully be doing upgraded fuel system and PRL kit with the 2867 in 4 months and see if my stock block and tranny can still handle the abuse.

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I also have some track videos on my Instagram highlights if anyone wants to check them out @2tone.shots :)

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I also have some track videos on my Instagram highlights if anyone wants to check them out @2tone.shots :)
You're welcome to add them to the thread.

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yearly update!! (3rd update I think)

Vehicle: 2017 Si sedan

Total tuned time: 4 years

Total tuned mileage: 80,000

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner v1.2

Tunes used: Ktuner base maps, vit stage 1, custom javi tune and currently drob etune.

Fuel used: 93(76, mobile or shell) and E30-35 blends

Additional engine mods: rv6 down/front pipe catless, PRL Intercooler and flex kit, Cm Fx350 W1 turbo MAP intake

Problems/issues: Absolutely zero still! She treats me so well :)

So I beat on this car very very hard, especially since my last update. The civic retired from being a daily driver in February this year so these last 6 months (10,000 miles) I have had no reason to go easy on the car. I have also done 4 track days at PBIR in Florida heat. 3 to 4 20 minute sessions each track day. Sport mode E35 blends for all 4 track days. The last 10,000 miles on my car are all hard miles, I literally only drive the car hard now if I’m going to drive it otherwise I take the daily. I don’t know if I’m just really lucky or what but I will hopefully be doing upgraded fuel system and PRL kit with the 2867 in 4 months and see if my stock block and tranny can still handle the abuse.
Also would like to add most pulls I do on the street are 2-3rd gear pulls, not often do I do hard pulls in 4th. Track days are hard pulls across all gears. Mostly noting cause I believe 4th is the one to usually break

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Overdue but here I am!! With all the current problems I’m having I’m searching so much I realized I never made a post here.

Vehicle: 2019 Civic Sport Hatchback

Total tuned time: 5 Months

Tuned miles driven: 5k

Tunes used: KTuner Dual Starter 21

Fuel used: 89

Additional related mods: 27Won intake, 27Won Turbo inlet pipe, PRL V2 Downpipe, PRL Front Pipe, Invidia Q300 cat back exhaust.

Problems/issues: Recently I have a persistent emissions code, according to the forum it should clear with Ktuner disable, though I have yet to do that.

I’ve also suffered a litany of dash lights that eventually went off, the longest lasting were the radar warnings, it took miles and miles of driving for them to eventually clear.

Lastly, the dash screens randomly glitch and don’t turn on unless I let the car completely shut down and power cycle. This only started after the car was tuned.

Driving style: Smooth and easy but I enjoy aggressive highway merges and spinning the tires from time to time.

Tuning experience notes: I don’t have much to add about the Ktuner dual 21 that hasn’t been thoroughly discussed. I agree that it’s rather jumpy but it makes a night and day difference in the car. As a tuning novice, I didn’t adjust any software settings so I run it the way Ktuner made it and it is easily the best, most cost effective mod I’ve done. My car has significant bolt ons, and a good amount of suspension enhancement and the tune is for sure the key to the whole package.

I just purchased the Phearable 1.5R and am going to update with my impressions.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure you know this but you'll need to upgrade your gas to run that Phearable tune.

Quick question. CVT or manual?

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
I'm sure you know this but you'll need to upgrade your gas to run that Phearable tune.

Quick question. CVT or manual?
CVT and yes I know, not looking forward to the price hike but I want the tune.

JojoDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Vehicle: 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport (CVT)

Total tuned time: 10 days

Tuned miles driven: 70

Tunes used: TSP Stage 1

Fuel used: Caseys Premium (93)

Additional related mods: Borla CATBACK Exhaust/Cobra PRL Street MAF/D2 Racing Springs (lowered)

Problems/issues: None

Driving style: Slightly speedy with aggressive bursts from time to time.

Tuning experience notes: First time tuning and I'm loving how zippy my hatch is! Or should I say 'Hot Hatch'

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) XvEEsTr

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) H8GKFh6

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) QLPj7uF