The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models)

mforcino

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
UPDATE:

Vehicle: 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT

Total tuned time: 15 months

Tuned miles driven: 12,000

Tuning device(s) used: Ktuner V1.2

Tunes used: Ktuner Starter, TSP Stage 1
Fuel used: Sam’s Club 93

Additional related mods: 27won intake, dc sports strut bar, muffler delete

Problems/issues: None

Driving style: Mostly city driving with WOT occasionally.

Tuning experience notes: Tuning my car has been fantastic. It has made driving this car so much better. Ktuner Starter maps are potent down low but TSP feels better everywhere else and is better for the transmission in the long run.

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 2E920505-C087-4AD2-A85B-12D247FA2DD6
Sponsored

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Just a few current thread stats...

Tuned cars in the thread: 683
Total tuned miles driven: 9,639,000

Cars with 100,000+ tuned miles
choo: 139,000
dallasjhawk: 101,000

Cars with major failures: 15

Pro custom tuned cars: 124
Base tuned only cars: 205

Most popular OTS tune: TSP Stage 1

Cars by model
1.5T Non-Si: 316
Si: 300
Type R: 47
2.0 NA: 20

Users adding 1-1.5 gallons E85: 84
Flex fuel kits installed: 73

No bolt-ons added: 209
Cars with full bolt-ons: 139

Cold air intakes installed: 239
Aftermarket downpipes installed: 205

Upgraded turbos installed: 47

Last edited:

NkryptD0n3

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Platinum White
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Vehicle: 2019 Civic Si Coupe

Total tuned time: 7 months

Total tuned mileage: 10,000+ miles

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner v2

Tunes used: KTuner 21/23 (previously), Two Step Performance Stage 1 Tune on Map 3 (currently)

Fuel used: 93 Octane

Additional engine mods: 27Won CAI // Boomba Racing Rear Motor Mount // MAPerformance Race Exhaust // PRL Catted Downpipe // PRL Front Pipe // SiriMoto Phase 2 Strut Bar

Problems/issues: Clutch slippage (I think) in 3rd & 4th now. Also, I can't seem to get no lift shifting to work.

Driving style: Slightly speedy with aggressive bursts from time to time.

Tuning experience notes: I have had a lot of fun with this set up. The off the shelf tunes from KTuner were great and I ran them for a while but the TSP tune is absolutely amazing. This is only my second manual transmission car so I do not have as much experience as some here in driving a manual transmission car. I recently had my oil changed and have sent it off to Blackstone Labs to have it analyzed/tested. I tried to read the forum and see what oil was having the best results but it wasn't clear cut to me so I went with what I've been running in my cars since the early 2000s which was Mobil 1 Synthetic. I am not 100% sure what caused this thread but I am going to attempt to read up on some of the other replies. I have spoken back and forth with Exedy on their Stage 2 (or whatever they call it) clutch. I am slightly unimpressed by the numbers they claim...especially since they state that they didn't have the OEM spec numbers that Honda sent over available to them in the aftermarket division...that is worrisome but I am really thinking about taking the plunge with them and getting their Stage 2 clutch and seeing what happens. Would just hate to drop $1k to get it installed and it be straight trash. Hope this helps in some way :)
Update as of July 4th, 2021

Vehicle: 2019 Civic Si Coupe

Total tuned time: 15 months

Total tuned mileage: 33,000+ miles

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner v2 (the one and only tool to use IMO)

Tunes used: KTuner 21/23 Basemap (previously), Two Step Performance Stage 1 Tune on Map 3 (currently)

Fuel used: 93 Octane

Additional engine mods: 27Won CAI // Boomba Racing Rear Motor Mount // MAPerformance Race Exhaust // PRL Catted Downpipe // PRL Front Pipe // SiriMoto Phase 2 Strut Bar // 27Won Front Mount Intercooler

Problems/issues: Stock clutch slippage made it necessary to change the clutch & I went with the Eman CTR Retrofit. Smooth sailing ever since though! Seriously, the CTR Retrfotit is the way to go! Still unsure how to get no lift shifting to work.

Driving style: Slightly speedy with aggressive bursts from time to time.

Tuning experience notes: I have had an issue recently of where the motor & exhaust sounds odd. I can also make the Knock Count climb by getting on the gas, letting off, getting on & letting off. When I do the K.Count goes up 20-30+ as well as the motor & exhaust tone sounding super odd. No codes, and so unsure what the issue is as of right now. I first noticed this after I hit a small animal. The body shop tried to replicate it (the guy is known for working on high end cars & having high end cars) & I’m not throwing any codes so I’m unsure what the problem is.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
New CVT under warranty did you put back to stock? Your a beast.
All I had was an intake and the tune. I flashed stock before taking it in. They actually asked me at one point to bring the stock intake in as they wanted to put it on the car and see if it still had an issue along with trying a new MAF sensor. Once they figured it wasnt that, they replaced the cvt under warranty. They even put my aftermarket intake back on and let me keep the new MAF sensor.

thebook92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 95 FZR600
Country flag
Vehicle: 2017 Civic Si Coupe

Total tuned time: ~1.25 years

Tuned miles driven: ~15,000 of 72,500

Tuning device(s) used: Ktuner V1.2

Tunes used: 99% TSP Stage 1, small amount of Ktuner experimentation

Fuel used: 93 octane Top Tier, usually Meijer

Additional related mods: None

Driving style: Usually cruising in Map 3/Normal keeping up with traffic, some 2nd/3rd pulls, two weekends at Gingerman Raceway

Tuning experience notes: Much better than stock on rev hang and the way boost comes on. Best left in Standard Throttle Response, as I find it difficult to modulate the throttle on track in IPR2. Boost is STRONG in Map 3/Sport, 3rd pulls like 2nd on the stock tune. Be careful if you're tracking without any cooling upgrades, one full-push lap in Map 3/Sport in 85° ambient temp saw my coolant temps approaching 240°F. Street driving is just fine, however, and my OEM clutch has held up well with no slippage.

Last edited:

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for adding your car. And you're right, if you track your car, cooling mods are a must.

IamMitch

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
vehicle: 2021 Sport hatch CVT

total tuned time:
1 month

total tuned miles: 1k miles

tuning device: ktuner V2

tunes used: Basemap stage 1

fuel used: 93 octane shell

engine mods: PRL SRI street, DP, FP

problems/issues: none

driving style: Very tamed driving, mostly in eco mode on the commute to and from work and little pulls from 20-40 once a day on way home. Due to the extreme heat lately I have not been pushing the car at all due to fear of heatsoak. So far so good

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just a reminder that if you drive a tuned Type R, Si, 1.5T non-Si or 2.0 NA model, you really should add you car here. I mean, why be a member at a community and not do your part to help others. Take 10 minutes out from your busy day, and do the right thing. :thumbsup:

Mattylight

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Edited:

Vehicle: 2018 Civic Si coupe

Total tuned time: 2 weeks

Tuned miles driven: 1k

Tuning device(s) used: K Tuner V2

Tunes used: kTuner v2 with Phearable race tune map 1 mostly

Fuel used: 93

mods:
K tuner v2 with Phearable 1.5 Race tune
Type R badging
20% tint
Drop in filter
Muffler delete with maperformance quad tips

Suspension: stock

Problems/issues: Garbage stock tires break traction in 2nd gear, but no issues other than that. Stock clutch seems to hold well but not going WOT until 3500 rpms.

Driving style: Spirited…a couple pulls on my daily commute.

Future mods:
Type R wing
Type R retrofit clutch
Tires
Poco shift knob

Last edited:

Aznleesta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si - Sedan
Country flag
Thanks!

Yeah I mentioned it to him to go a bit conservative given what I have. I do plan on either upgrading rods and heads or just getting the built L15B7 from TwoStep. Either one of those options are a must have before I go with the PRL big turbo (which I’m currently saving for).
Im using the prl big turbo. So far the stock block has held up fine. Only internal upgrade I've done is ARP head studs to prevent head lift and head gasket failures. Drob does an amazing job.

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Vehicle: 2019 Civic Si

Total tuned time: 9 months

Tuned miles driven: 16,000 Miles

Tuning device(s) used: K-Tuner V2

Tunes used: K-Tuner Starter Tune, My own little Ktuner tune I messed around with, TSP Stage 1 & 2, Currently getting custom e-tune By @D-RobIMW

Fuel used: Chevron 91 with ethanol mix e30-40

Additional engine mods: PRL Cobra Street Intake, PRL intercooler, PRL Downpipe & Front Pipe, Greddy Supreme SP exhaust, ACT Street Clutch, PRL Flex Fuel kit

Additional Mods/ Cosmetics: Eibach Pro Kit, Type R shifter assembly with acuity spring and bushings (rocker still being delivered), Js racing sport grille rep (paying 600+ for a grille isn’t an option for me lmao literally installed yesterday so don’t have good picture yet :/)

Problems/issues: Problems aren’t because of the modifications but more of user mistakes and abuse. Rear driver piston boot tear had to buy oem caliper & Caliper actuator harness has an open circuit which affects brake hold, Front pipe rubber was completely obliterated not too sure how.

Driving style: Aggressive / Light depending on traffic (Los Angeles)

Tuning experience notes: Really fun and great experience building this car. Brake pads get changed more often because of my driving style(Using autozone pads since I can replace them whenever I want. Works for me). I recommend adding suspension modifications while you’re adding power currently car feels great but feels like something is missing when I do canyon runs. Will be adding more suspension mods in the future. Thanks for reading and your time. IG @StockSi_

3A8FC8C6-6233-4337-A20C-AB8367862C22.jpeg

CCA68BC9-E657-4D77-A9DF-746EF79347B9.jpeg

A4648262-4119-4A36-8ACC-1D2773CE10B0.jpeg
Long overdue but here we go again

Vehicle: 2019 Civic Si

Total tuned time: 1 year with a couple months

Tuned miles driven: 30k+

Tuning device(s) used: K Tuner V2

Tunes used: Ktuner custom map, TSP 1 & 2, Custom E-Tune from D-Rob

Fuel used: 91 or e35

Additional related mods:
PRL Cobra Intake Street
PRL Intercooler
PRL Flex Fuel Kit
PRL Downpipe / Front pipe
Ktuner V2
Greddy Supreme SP Exhaust
Action Clutch Stage 5 Kit
PPG Gear Set
Rv6 Turbo (sitting at home hasn’t been installed yet but looking for a buyer since i)
Suspension:
Bc Racing Coilovers
Type R mid brace frame thing (don’t know exact name lmao)
22mm Whiteline Rear Sway bar
Accord endlinks
Avid wheels wrapped in indy 500s
Seibon Hood
Custom carbon fenders from mikescarbon
Problems/issues: Blew my cmc at around 28k miles after doing a first gear pull trying to catch up to another car. We thought it was a clutch related problem until my 4th gear was obliterated. After inspection we noticed that the ACT clutch i had on was beat to shit also . It only survived 15-20k miles which was a bummer I loved that clutch

Driving style: Would roll race once in a blue moon. Freeway/Street driving was pretty chill slightly aggressive. I would save everything for the canyons

Tuning experience notes: Dont be surprised if something breaks after you install a shit ton of mods. This platform is made out of play-doh haha. I realized everything comes down to driving style ( & your tune) if you beat your car to shit something is ganna go boom boom. I don’t regret any of my decisions while modifying this car everything has been a lesson especially the blown tranny.

Future mods:
Built motor (obviously)
PRL 2867 Turbo Kit(will buy after I sell my rv6 turbo)
Whiteline anti lift kit
Whiteline 26mm Rear Sway Bar & 27mm front sway bar

If you got this far thanks for reading @gtman owes u a cookie

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) E9093C8E-416A-44DB-9CC1-CEC69B532645

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 7D0E92B6-06F6-46A1-B9C5-72C1EE155F61

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 8E72DB42-BD49-47F8-8A76-06716C37616D

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 50C336A0-CE07-4EA3-95D3-F733A5F67FF8

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 2543C1E3-0301-4412-9018-E0EB4CBFABB6

Last edited:

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im using the prl big turbo. So far the stock block has held up fine. Only internal upgrade I've done is ARP head studs to prevent head lift and head gasket failures. Drob does an amazing job.
I saw your dyno numbers! Impressive !

Mike2020si

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
All I had was an intake and the tune. I flashed stock before taking it in. They actually asked me at one point to bring the stock intake in as they wanted to put it on the car and see if it still had an issue along with trying a new MAF sensor. Once they figured it wasnt that, they replaced the cvt under warranty. They even put my aftermarket intake back on and let me keep the new MAF sensor.
Most legendary shart ive heard dude. Cheers to you.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OK guys. It seems like every other post at the forum these days is about tuning. If you haven't added your tuned car here yet, get off your hands and do it. :cool:

What are you waiting for?

Last edited:

breloomed

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Vehicle: 2020 Civic Si Coupe

Total tuned time: 2-3 weeks

Tuned miles driven: 150+

Tuning device(s) used: Hondata Race Flashpro

Tunes used: Hondata +6 psi

Fuel used: 93 octane always

Additional related mods: None

Driving style: Slightly speedy normally, and I do a 40-80 roll with my friends maybe once every 3 weeks

Tuning experience notes: This car has gotten me into the enthusiast community, and I am loving every single second of it. I still admit that I am a total beginner, but I feel like I have learned a lot from these forums. To anyone thinking about tuning your Si, do it. My coupe has so much more life in it now, and I could not be happier with the results. I am planning to get a PRL cobra CAI soon (maybe order within this weekend!), and I am excited to see how that will hold as an addition to my car as well. Loving every second of my car.
Sponsored