The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models)

PCHAU86

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport HB
Country flag
Vehicle: 2020 Honda Civic Sport Hatch

Total tuned time: 11 months

Tuned miles driven: 2,000 miles

Tuning device(s) used:
Hondata Flashpro (Race)

Tunes used: Hondata +6

Fuel used: Chevon 91

Additional engine mods: Motul 300v oil, Spoon Sports magnetic oil drain plug, Mishimoto oil catch can, PRL catless DP, PRL FP, PRL CAI with race MAF, 2qt Accusump, MAPerformance Oil Cooler Kit, Greddy DD-R exhaust

Problems/issues: None

Driving style: Aggressive. Use primarily as a track car

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) civic
Sponsored

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Figure I'd make a post!

Vehicle: 2019 Civic Si Sedan

Total tuned time: 6 months

Tuned miles driven: 6,000+

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V1.2

Tunes used: TSP Stage 1 (<1 month / 1k)
Phearable Stage 1.5 (>5 months / 5k)

Fuel used: BP 93 (exclusively)

Additional engine mods: 27Won CAI (Street MAF) + 27Won TIP

Driving style: 80% tame / 20% aggresive

Tuning experience notes: I've used KTuner + basemaps on a previous vehicle, but this is my first tuned turbo vehicle. I must say that the OTS tunes from TSP and Phearable really wake the car up and still allow for seamless daily driving. I do like the on-the-fly map switching with ktuner any time that I want to mix things up. I will say that I prefer Phearable vs. TSP for more linear power delivery and better highway fuel efficiency. It's amazing how improved the engine feels with these mods+tune and still average 35+ MPGs with mixed driving!

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 20201106_165228_resized

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

Vegas Viking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Vehicle: 2018 Civic Si Sedan

Total tuned time: 2 months

Tuned miles driven: +/- 5000

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V1.2

Tunes used: @phearablenet Stage 1.5

Fuel used: Costco 93 octane (almost exclusively)

Additional engine mods: N/A

Problems/issues: Nada

Driving style: Mostly highway during a 45 mile commute each way. Otherwise I sometimes get aggressive on the rural country roads where I live.

Tuning experience notes: It's funny how up until a few months ago, I swore to never tune or modify my car since I plan to keep it for at least 200k miles. I was worried about reliability. I now run Phearable with an AWE Touring Exhaust and a Whiteline rear sway bar, and I could kick myself for waiting so long. I only drive in Map/Level 1 98% of the time and even that has DRAMATICALLY increased the driving experience. I'm actually pretty confident now (knock on wood) that the engine will last a long time. If you're on the fence about tuning and you don't abuse the car, just do it and thank me later.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I remember trying to tell you that tuning was reasonably safe quite a few times. Including the thread where you posted this:

After years of deliberating, I'm still afraid to install a custom tune for fear of ruining my engine in the long-term (I keep cars for no less than 200k miles).
While no one can guarantee 200,000+ miles, one guy's car in the thread has well over 100,000+ problem-free tuned miles.

Glad you came on over to the tuner side. We get more smiles per gallon than those "stock people". :cool:

Last edited:

Nick D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si coupe
Country flag
Vehicle: 2020 Civic Si Coupe

Total tuned time: 1 month

Tuned miles driven: 1200

Tuning device(s) used:
KTuner V1.2

Tunes used: TSP Stage 1

Fuel used: shell 92

Additional engine mods: 27Won CAI (Street MAF) and 27won DP/FP/exhaust

Driving style: Fairly dynamic, but not abusive. stay out of serious boost below 3.5k rpm. even mix of city and highway miles.

Tuning experience notes: Where I live it's almost impossible to get into real boost most places in the city. This wasn't the case before tuning and doing a few bolt ons. it's really nice to know I've got power on tap. If I were to push any more power I don't know how driveable it would be for my location.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Vehicle: 2020 Civic Si Coupe

Tuning experience notes: Where I live it's almost impossible to get into real boost most places in the city. This wasn't the case before tuning and doing a few bolt ons. it's really nice to know I've got power on tap. If I were to push any more power I don't know how driveable it would be for my location.
One thing to throw out there as an experiment for your situation. Have you tried using one of the built in KTuner starter maps? They allow some tweaks like early spool and turbo response settings that might make your in town, low speed driving more fun than the TSP tune.

Jtantuco

luv_SIc
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Vehicle: 2019 Civic SI

Total tuned time: ~1 year

Tuned miles driven: ~25k

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V2

Tunes used: TSP Stage 1 and Phearable Stage 1 (my current tune I’ve been running since July)

Fuel used: 93 Octane Shell VPower

Additional engine mods: PRL Cobra CAI

Problems/issues: None!

Driving style: I drive casual most of the time

Tuning experience notes: This is my first car I decided to tune and do not regret it at all. I drive a ton for work so my main concern was reliability and comfortability with some added power, and the stage 1 tunes do exactly that. Both TSP and Phearable have amazing tunes and customer support, really gotta drive both to see which suits you better.

I feel like reliability is a lot on the driving habits at least on stage 1, can’t speak for anything above stage 1, but I would imagine clutch would be first to go. (My main concern for going stage 2)

That’s the other thing, once you go stage 1, you wanna keep going ?

Old F@rt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, 2016 Z51 Stingray, 2006 Tundra
Country flag
Vehicle: 2017 Civic Si Coupe

Total tuned time: approx 2 months

Tuned miles driven: 2000

Tuning device used:
KTuner V1.2

Tunes used: Ktuner base 19/23 set to most aggressive & just flashed TSP Stage 1 yesterday

Fuel used: BP 93

Additional engine mods: PRL CAI Race MAF, Injen style FMIC

Problems/issues:
Had clutch slip briefly once when flat out on interstate & up shifted too early into 5th. So that is user error rather than tune issue, but thought I'd list it.

Driving style: Aggressive on quiet open back roads

Tuning experience notes:
24000 miles on the car. Not sure why I waited so long to tune, as was never really happy with the factory setup, but better late than never.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Jrmybrtn

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Vehicle: 2019 Civic SI coupe

Total tuned time: 8 months

Tuned miles driven: 6k

Tuning device(s) used: Hondata Race Flashpro,

Tunes used: hondata +6 psi, TSP stage 1

Fuel used: 93

Additional engine mods: prl stage 1 intake kit, Catless dp and front pipe, ss clutch line, CDV delete

Problems/issues: none with tune

Driving style: heavy footed to grandpa lol

Tuning experience notes: love the tsp stage 1 need to upgrade clutch soon. Want to get turbo upgrade and flex fuel

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 577EC5F5-8CB6-4FE9-B5EF-1DD04EB7F3D6

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) C830DA35-5975-46C5-9D7A-AD62097B1BB6

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 8E3E2783-CA0B-4105-B071-8EB8624F4C87

Last edited:
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for adding your car. You are the 100th Hondata user in the thread. Car looks great.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Two kids tried to race me yesterday. Both were driving six cylinders, so I pretended not to see them and forego the embarrassment.
You might be surprised. Depending on the car, your tuned Si will take down some V-6s.
Sponsored