The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models)

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Vehicle: 2020 civic ST hatchback

Total tuned mileage: 500 miles

Total tuned time: 2 mos

Tuning device(s) used: Ktuner v1.2

Tunes used: Phearable 1.5T non si. Sits at Stage 1 mostly for driving around but...

Fuel used: 93 premium (doesn't matter which gas station)

Additional engine mods: None

Problems/issues: None

Driving style: Normal driving but a bit agressive to stay ahead of small town traffic. Mostly running on cruise control to hold 9 over.

Notes: I'm a big fan of the elimination of turbo lag and throttle response with tuner.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Vehicle: 2020 civic ST hatchback

Total tuned mileage: 500 miles

Tuning device(s) used: Ktuner v1.2

Tunes used: ktuner OTS duel map 16.5/18 psi on stage 1, 19/21 psi on stage 2, 21/23 psi on stage 3. Normal driving is on stage 2, 19 psi

Fuel used: 93 premium (doesn't matter which gas station)

Additional engine mods: None

Driving style: Normal driving but a bit agressive to stay ahead of small town traffic. Mostly running on cruise control to hold 9 over.

Notes: I'm a big fan of the elimination of turbo lag and throttle response with tuner. About to install Phearable 1.5 cvt map.
Let us know what you think of the Phearable tune. Thanks for adding your car.

10thgenSIcoupeBLK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Civic si coupe
Country flag
2018 civic si coupe black pearl

Mods: 2020 ctr short shifter assembly muffler delete, ktuner, prl cobra race max intake, type r engine cover engine covers for the sides of the bay, HID AND LEDS anywhere they can be, hfp front lip red, tsp race maf ots tune, and now phearable prl race maf tune

total tuned time: 7 months

total tuned mileage: 11k miles

tuning device used: ktuner basic model

driving style: a good mixture of back roads and highway while on tsp during the summer I didn’t do pulls often because the heat soak would just pull timing like a mother f-er so I saw it to be pointless, but now that’s it’s cool out ( 30 to 50 degrees ) I tend to do more highway entrance ramp pulls, and lots of psycho pulls on my local reservoir. But I’d say I’m pretty conservative

problems/issues
My trunk light has a mind of its own, I switched it to led and it used to work, then it stops. I took it out looked at the bulb flipped it. Then it works for a month or two, as of right now while I’m typing this, it just stopped working yet again, pretty annoying. The tires that come on our 10th gen si’s are garbage, not good in the rain one bit, during heavy rain the car feels like it’s gliding, the interior gets dirty just by you looking at it. It’s very obnoxious, other than that ive had no mechanical issues no clutch slipping ( maybe due to me not doing any pulls until over 3000rpms ) the car is good

SIDE NOTES: I recently made a switch from TSP PRL RACE MAF to PHEARABLE PRL RACE MAF, after being on tsp since the 4th day after I got the car, I got very bored with it and I did not like how the power cut off suddenly after about 5k~ rpms, it was also a very jerky ride, driving normally you’d think I just started learning to drive manual if that puts it in to perspective for you, but now on phearable it drives very smooth the power delivery is perfect, yeah I lost that sudden surge in torque but I gained the rest of my rpm range back, I’m very happy with the tune, it satisfied my hunger for more power ( for now ) like I said in another thread, tsp is perfect if you’re a solo driver ripping up back roads, but if you’re hitting the highway and someone pulls up tryna disrespect you, the phearable WILL PUT THEM IN THEIR PLACE. On phearable I can feel my SI,s hunger for mustangs and m3’s, it gobbles up those sti’s and loves to poop on shit box dodge neon srt4 roll up windows piece of plastic garbage cars.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the update and glad to see you're enjoying the Phearable tune.

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
SIDE NOTES: .... I did not like how the power cut off suddenly after about 5k~ rpms, it was also a very jerky ride.....yeah I lost that sudden surge in torque but I gained the rest of my rpm range back, I’m very happy with the tune, it satisfied my hunger for more power.....
You sure were on TSP tune? I haven't used it myself but from what others have said, it should pull to redline, not die out after 5k like ktuner basemaps.

Users also say there isn't that sudden torque surge down low like there is on the ktuner basemaps.

Not too sure about this one, different cars and dynos and all, but from their initial dyno graphs TSP and Pherable peak hp and tq are around the same.
If you felt like you got way more power from pherable its possible you were not in fact on tsp tune.

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
You sure were on TSP tune? I haven't used it myself but from what others have said, it should pull to redline, not die out after 5k like ktuner basemaps.

Users also say there isn't that sudden torque surge down low like there is on the ktuner basemaps.

Not too sure about this one, different cars and dynos and all, but from their initial dyno graphs TSP and Pherable peak hp and tq are around the same.
If you felt like you got way more power from pherable its possible you were not in fact on tsp tune.
At this point even when numbers are the same, it’s just a question of power delivery. You can have the same numbers on paper, but you’d feel more excitement driving, really depends what you looking for from tune.

10thgenSIcoupeBLK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Civic si coupe
Country flag

Unless tsp sent me a ktuner base map I’m sure I know the difference lol, the basemap a feel a lot different from tsp. And you can’t really go off of what other people are saying if you never tried it your self. Everyone’s butt dyno is gonna read things differently, also take into consideration. Where in living, elevation outside temps and stuff. I’m sure everyone has a different thought in it but for me. Phearable feels different. Now I’m not saying it’s dramatic but it’s different, I was on tsp for 6 months do the same pulls on the same roads. Trust me lol it’s different bro I don’t think tsp is slower or faster I just think it’s power delivery is a little different. A lot of people on here also think phearable is a more “ aggressive tune “ so idk man ?‍♀ All I know is what I my self feel in the car

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It is an interesting thing though. A few years ago, when the TSP 1 Si first came out, reviews were all similar to this video:

Everyone was saying how smooth it was compared to the KTuner starter tunes and how potent it was compared to KTuner starters up top.

Now a lot of those same people who just switched to Phearable are saying TSP was a bit rough and jumpy. Apparently, the Phearable tune's power delivery is ultra smooth because peak power output does seem similar to TSP.

On my TSP 1 non-Si, throttle response is super linear. Coming from an aggressively tweaked Ktuner 21, I actually was disappointed how soft the TSP felt down low. But it's very smooth. Get deeper into the throttle and it screams.

Last edited:

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
*Updated*

Vehicle
: 2020Civic SI

Total tuned time: Just over a year

Total tuned mileage: about 20k

Tuning device(s) used: Hondata

Tuned currently use: +9 e85 custom tune

Fuel used: Mainly 93, with occasional ethanol use

Additional engine mods: 27 Won intake

Driving style: Spirited (the world is my race track lol)

Tuning experience notes: Clutch has kinda started to slip towards limiter in 3rd-4th sometimes so I tend not to take the car that high up in revs anymore

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the update. These updates really help keep the survey stats accurate.

One other thought about the survey. We have 390 people who have added their cars which is good. But, knowing there are well over 5,000 members here with tuned cars, that number isn't very good at all. That's a lot of people sitting on their hands.

I wish everyone who was tuned would take 10 minutes to do a survey. You're helping the community and the pro tuners. And in some ways, you're helping yourself by documenting your tuning journey.

Survey stats (as of 11/2/20):

Total tuned vehicles: 390
Total tuned miles driven: 5,736,050 (reported)
Car with most tuned miles: choo (101,000)

Cars with major failures: 11 (2.8%)
Failures by model: Si: 4; non-Si: 7; CTR: 0; 2.0 NA: 0
Percentage of survey cars running reliably: 97.2%

Transmission type: CVT (117); Manual (273)

Hondata used as tuning device: 94
KTuner used as tuning device: 314

JB4 used as tuning device: 3
RaceChip used as tuning device: 2
Motec used as tuning device: 1

Pro custom tune file used: 73
Most popular OTS tune: TSP Stage 1 (163)
Other popular OTS tune: Phearable Stage 1.5 (43)

Survey submissions by model: Si (182); 1.5T Non-Si (167); Type R (28); 2.0 NA (13)

Most used fuel: 93 octane (216)

Last edited:

uwg55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport 2019
Vehicle: Hatchback Sport 2019 (6MT)

Total tuned time: ≈ 6 month

Total tuned mileage: ≈ 10 000 km (6213.712 miles)

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner v1.2

Tunes used: TSP Stage 1, Phearable 1.5 NON-SI (current)

Fuel used: Petro-Canada 94

Additional engine mods: K&N air intake

Problems/issues: None so far. But, on the Phearable tune my LTFT is at 4%, should that be alarming?

Driving style: Slightly speedy with aggressive bursts from time to time.

Tuning experience notes: This is the first car that I bought new, before that I had an old 2009 Chevrolet Aveo so that’s a big upgrade for me. I never tuned cars before, so I read a lot before tuning this one and I have to say that it is not complicated once you understand how everything works.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the survey. CVT or manual? No worries at 4% on the LTFT. That's fine. Only start worrying if you get up towards 10 or more.

I like what you said in your notes about researching before jumping in. I'm 100% in agreement.

How do you compare the Phearable to your previous TSP tune?

uwg55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport 2019
Thanks for the survey. CVT or manual? No worries at 4% on the LTFT. That's fine. Only start worrying if you get up towards 10 or more.

I like what you said in your notes about researching before jumping in. I'm 100% in agreement.

How do you compare the Phearable to your previous TSP tune?
I forgot to add that, it's a manual.

As for the TSP vs Phearable, they both have their strengths. I feel like the TSP tune is more aggressive while the Phearable tune is smoother while still being engaging and fun to drive! For now, the deciding factor for me between the two is that the Phearable tune supports the advanced ktuner feature for my ecu (otf map switching, etc...).
When TSP will support my ecu, I will have a hard time to choose between the two.

ZHFK7

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic HB Sport touring
Country flag
1 year Update

Vehicle: 2019 Civic hatch Sport Touring CVT

Total tuned mileage: 20,000 kms (roughly)

Tuning device(s) used: Uploaded to ecu by @Lighttouchtuning

Tunes used: ktuner Starter 21, full aggressive settings, 18psi in Econ

Fuel used: 94 Octane (Petro Canada exclusively)

Additional engine mods: Spoon FK7 air cleaner (by: sprint filter)

Driving style: Casual daily driving. Spirited drives on weekends.

Notes: I ran the base 21 tune until about a month ago then switched to the starter 21, using aggressive settings in D and S. and 18psi in Econ mode. The car feels perfect.

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) A1C08988-F7BB-48B0-9B88-04BC7B3995F7

Last edited:

Sf93

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic sport hatchback 1.5
Country flag
Vehicle: 2019 civic sport hatch CVT

Total tuned time: roughly 2 years

Total tuned mileage: 20,000+ km

Tuning device(s) used: Ktuner v2

Tunes used: tsp stage 1, phearable 1.5 (current)

Fuel used: 93 oct

Additional engine mods: PRL Cobra SRI w race MAF, depo racing intercooler and charge pipes

Problems/issues: None currently. Tsp felt like it was jerky with my CVT. Phearable tune feels more refined

Driving style: short commute to work in eco, aggressive on the weekends

Tuning experience notes: first car I've ever tuned and it was nice and easy! The community here has been a huge help. Love how smooth the phearable tune is for daily driving.
Sponsored