The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models)

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks to the recent updates and new additions we just surpassed 13 million total tuned miles driven. :)
WOW! That's a huge amount of (tuned) miles!

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah my math says that's like driving around the globe 520 times... tuned. :cool:

Last edited:

swanarg

TheSwanwar
First Name
Anwar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the update. Do you happen to have a dyno with your current setup or what does Derek estimate your power numbers are?
No dyno we did e tuning Also just realized I put e85 def not on e85, e30. As far as power estimates somewhere around 320-340 on e30. We were just about running out of fuel on map 3. I’m usually on map 2 anyway. Unless someone pulls up ?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I sent a message to "dannyyotb" asking him to add an update to the thread. He accidentally posted the update in his message reply so I'm posting it for him here.

Vehicle: 2017 Honda Civic EX-T

Total tuned time: 40k miles

Tuned miles driven: 60k miles

Tuning device(s) used: Ktuner 24psi Pherable Tune w/o god tune.

Tunes used: Pherable 24psi

Fuel used: Shell 91 Octane Only
E85 on occasion but haven’t been using recently due to cold weather in Cali

Additional related mods: PRL COBRA STREET MAF INTAKE

Problems/issues:
Had issues with knock so I took it to Honda and they charged me 195 dollar inspection fee just to tell me I need transmission fluid, then they wanted to charge me more to do it. I said nope I’ll go to parts buy the oil and I did it myself. Easy af

Other than that I’ve had wire issues, rats are biting into my wires but that will be fixed soon. Other than that this car is a beast.
Driving style: Crazy lunatic man, I drive fast at every light w/ one foot roll out. NEVER LAUNCH A CVT

I race every day. And fly through traffic
This car feels insanely reliable. Maintenance is key on these CVT most of you guys. Check your transmission oil early if you are tuned.

civicren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sport touring cvt 2017
Country flag
new odo 158200km
total tuned milege 8200km
since last oil change 2000km

change since last update:
installed 27won race maf cai
removed pswdjdm intake

difference: they sound very similar but i can hear a bit more turbo in 27won.

tune ots hondata 91
fuel costco 91/ petro canada 94

issues: none

observation:
did one datalogs. the ltft is better than before. seems like there's still difference between bp and bp cmd. So intake should not be the cause?

attached datalog.

2022 01 15
Car was checked for boost leak and found o rings bwtween IC and pipes were busted.
Once it was fixed, there is no more boost leak and no more extreme STFT.

Boost leaked for about 10mo and 10k+ kms, since the beginning of the tune. and finally have it solved. This is my first time observing full power of tune.
Big thanks to @gtman for looking at my datalogs and pointing out the leak.

New Mileage:
162000km
total tuned milage:
12000km
Total tuned duration:
10 months
Bolt on changes since last update:
No

prior to leak fix: Stock tune with 90% of sub-2000 rpm driving style

post to leak fix: Tune: Hondata OTB tune CVT high Output 91 tune. going to resume throttle happy after upcoming oil change.
Fuel: Costco 91

what's changed since last update:
Fixed boost leak. Now the car hits 19 to 20 psi easily. what a BEAST.

Conclusion:
Without @gtman I dont think I can realize how much of a powerful car it can be.
I hope the 12k kms of driving with boost leaks and extreme fuel trims didnt ruin my engine.
I will send my oil sample to be analysed and see.
I will contact with D-rob to have it e-tuned soon.

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 202201151659.PNG

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 202201151700.PNG

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 202201151701.PNG

Attachments

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Big thanks to @gtman for looking at my datalogs and pointing out the leak.
No problem. Datalog looks good. This is one of those instances of why people should add their tuned car to the thread. I'm happy to help if I can. Enjoy your car's better power.

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) Capture.GIF

Last edited:

pearlexl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 si coupe
Country flag
Vehicle: 2020 SI Coupe

Total tuned time: 24 hours

Tuned miles driven: 50(?)

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V1.2

Tunes used: I don't remember which base map tune I'm using. Is there a way to verify? I believe it might be the Starter Dual 19.5/21.5

Fuel used: Costco 91

Additional related mods: PRL CAI Race MAF, BMS Intercooler

Problems/issues: None that I can really feel. I installed the CAI and ran a tune since it was a Race MAF and the intake noise sounds a bit weird when I do a pull and shift. The rev hang delete took a hot minute to get used to, but I just changed some settings in the Quick Adjustments so going to see how it feels the next flash.

Driving style: Normal with occasional pulls on freeway ramps.

Tuning experience notes: First time tuner trying to learn all the abbreviations and what they mean for the car. Waiting for the TSP tunes to be transferred from the original Ktuner owner. I believe the datalog said I had 11 cylinder misfires? Could someone check my datalog and see if everything seems to be normal. Thank you.

Vehicle: 2020 SI Coupe

Total tuned time: A little over 5 months

Tuned miles driven: Around 6,000 miles

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V1.2

Tunes used: Currently only using TSP Stage 1 Map 2.

Additional related mods: PRL CAI Race MAF, BMS Intercooler, PRL Catted DP

Problems/issues: No problems with the car in the past 5 months except randomly needing a BCM replacement. I don't think it's related to tuning since other people that aren't tuned have/had the same issue.

Driving style: Normal unless testing something.. gas is expensive.

Tuning experience notes: Think I'm finished with 'power' mods to the car. Not too interested in racing everyone and their grandma since this is my only car. Car feels great, exhaust smells terrible after the catted DP install. Going to check for leaks when I get a chance.

If someone can glance through my datalog, would greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Los1391

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
UPDATE 1/17/2022

Total tuned time:
2 months
Tuned miles driven: ~ 2000 miles
Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V2
Tunes used: Phearable Stage 1.5
Fuel used: 93 (Citgo/Gulf/BP/Mobil/Shell/Sunoco)
Additional related mods: PRL Short Ram Intake (Street MAF)
Problems/issues: None
Driving style: Casual with aggressive bursts from time to time.

Tuning experience notes: After 2 months in I must say this tune has really impressed me. This car has been much more enjoyable to drive and sometimes I honestly forget it's tuned until I step on the pedal. As for gas consumption I'm at around 31.5MPG.
I filled up the car yesterday and decided to run with the V2 plugged in so I captured a shot of all the data after a 20min car ride while doing some pulls. Let me know if you guy's see anything that should be of a concern.
I'm still waiting on the downpipe to arrive from PRL so no major mods have been added.
Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 1642425953642

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Screenshot numbers look fine but an actual datalog is what you want to do.

Last edited:

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Add a new post from time to time. Use that new post to show additional tuned miles driven, changes to your tune or mod setup, any issues that occur and any new tuning experience notes.

Update with a new post only. Don't edit and overwrite your original post.
That's the blurb I have in my first post regarding the fact that updates need to be a completely new post. Unfortunately, some people are still updating by finding their original post and changing the info in their original post.

The problem is, for purposes of the reliability stats, it doesn't work. For example, a year ago a member posted they've driven 5,000 tuned miles. Then they go in and edit their old post to show their current 10,000 miles. The problem is, I'll never see a one year old post and the stats aren't accurate. That's 5,000 tuned miles that won't get counted.

I have the feeling some people must think that their initial post here should be their only post and they just keep overwriting things and editing that one post.

Bottom line... for the stats to be accurate and properly updated, please add a new post with your current info. NEVER overwrite or edit your original post.

I hope this gets through and thanks for reading.

Last edited:

heyheyfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback sport 2017 6-MT
Country flag
Vehicle: Honda Civic Hatchback sport 2017 MT

Total tuned time: 3 years

Tuned miles driven: 39,000+ miles

Tuning device(s) used: Hondata Flash pro

Tunes used: 90% of the time use flash pro "+6 psi high octane, Injen CAI" the other 10% is +9 PSI.

Fuel used: 91 octane

Additional related mods: Injen CAI and Magnaflow cat-back exhaust

Problems/issues: With the first year of using the tune from flashpro some random minor problems. When the car starts up the dash lid up like Christmas. It randomly fixes itself or have to recalibrate the tune to get rid of the lights. That was like two years ago and I never had that problem again.

Driving style: normal or random happy feet

Update

Started tune Miles:
around 11,000 miles 10/30/2017
Current Miles: 55,850 miles 1/17/2022

Total tuned time: 4 years

Total Tuned miles are driven: Roughly 44,000+ miles

Tuning device(s) used: Hondata Flash pro

Old Tune: Hondata +6 with Injen CAI

Old Tune was driven: 41,000+ miles

New Tune: TSP stage 1

New Tuned miles are driven: 3,000+ miles

Fuel used: 91 octane

Additional related mods: Injen CAI, Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, GReddy Type31E intercooler and pipes, Mishimoto oil catch can, BC Racing Coilovers, Type-r Front Subframe Braces.
Sirimoto: Phase 2 rear sway bar, Sway Bar End Links, Strut bar, and Subframe Braces.

Current problem: Driving in lower gears random RPM hang. I do not know my terminology but shifting back into neutral. It either takes a few seconds before RPM drop or is stuck up there for a bit. Haven't had time or space due to living at the apartment complex to take a look personally into the issue.

Regret: Purchasing BC Racing coil-overs and Injen CAI, should have waited and spent more for better quality.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Additional related mods: Injen CAI, Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, GReddy Type31E intercooler and pipes, Mishimoto oil catch can, BC Racing Coilovers, Type-r Front Subframe Braces.
Sirimoto: Phase 2 rear sway bar, Sway Bar End Links, Strut bar, and Subframe Braces.

Current problem: Driving in lower gears random RPM hang. I do not know my terminology but shifting back into neutral. It either takes a few seconds before RPM drop or is stuck up there for a bit. Haven't had time or space due to living at the apartment complex to take a look personally into the issue.
Thanks for the update. Two things...

#1 Consider ditching the Injen for a PRL or 27Won intake. Or at the minimum keep your eye on your fuel trims because if they are seriously out of whack you could have problems down the road.

#2 Sounds like rev hang. Try disabling it in the tune and see if that works better for you.

heyheyfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback sport 2017 6-MT
Country flag
Thanks for the update. Two things...

#1 Consider ditching the Injen for a PRL or 27Won intake. Or at the minimum keep your eye on your fuel trims because if they are seriously out of whack you could have problems down the road.

#2 Sounds like rev hang. Try disabling it in the tune and see if that works better for you.
Thanks for the reply, saving money for the mishimoto intake since they are CARB legal. Living in CA sucks... maybe tax return money ?. I'll try to disable it and maybe datalog.

Tonycivicboi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
Vehicle: 2021 Civic Hatchback Sport

Total tuned time: since Sept 2021

Tuned miles driven: 4,000

Tuning device(s) used: Ktuner v1.2

Tunes used: TSP Stage 1 map 2

Additional related mods: PRL CAI

Problems/issues: None

Driving style: Slightly speedy with aggressive bursts from time to time.

Tune experience notes: Great tune, car runs fantastic. No issues
Sponsored