The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models)

luigi2120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Vehicle: 2018 Civic Si

Total tuned time: 21 Months

Tuned miles driven: 32,000 miles

Tuning device(s) used:
KTuner V1.2

Tunes used: TSP Stage 1 (30K Miles) and TSP Stage 1+ (2K Miles)

Fuel used: 93

Additional related mods: None (Yet)

Problems/issues:
Running Rich on TSP Stage 1+ (-14% LTFT)

Driving style: Slightly speedy with aggressive bursts when the opportunity presents itself

Tuning experience notes: This is my first time tuning, and I really wasn't sure what to expect. I absolutely loved how awake the car feels and especially the removal of Rev Hang. Taking a look at data logging for the first time, and I noticed that I am running rich with TSP Stage 1+. I reached out to TSP and they got back with me saying that nothing looks wrong or out of the ordinary. Even with running a bit richer than normal.

I'll be taking my car to the shop for an ACT Clutch and a bunch of other parts. I'll update again soon.

I added my data log in case anyone was curious
Sponsored

Attachments

Chi_The_Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Vehicle: 2019 Civic Type R

Total tuned time: 9 Months

Tuned miles driven: 1000 miles

Tuning device(s) used: Hondata

Tunes used: Custom

Fuel used: E25

Additional related mods: Full Bolt Ons

Problems/issues: can’t use off the shelf 93 maps with 93 octane from Hondata.

Driving style:Daily

Tuning experience notes: dyno dynamics dyno. From what I’ve heard and researched. Reads about 12% less than dyno jet.
Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) C981EE95-EE7F-4DDF-83E8-40939C9DCDD3
Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 9311F305-4AEE-4C7C-9F07-74894A23B416

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for adding your car and the dyno!

1000 miles in 9 months though? Your R is probably crying inside. ;)

SI(ck)Civic

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic si
Country flag
Couple questions here. I’ve got a manual si coupe with brake assist, and I’m running the dual factory/21.5 basemap tune on ktuner.

1. Launch control and brake assist seems to be a potential match made in heaven. But I can’t help but feel like I could be seriously jacking up something... not sure what, just seems likely that wasn’t the intended use for the brake assist.

2.I’ve heard that 20+ psi range and your looking at hitting the edge of the stock clutches threshold. Assuming this effect is larger while starting and shifting to 2nd, what is the danger of flipping in to sport mode during wide open throttle in the middle of 2nd gear?

im not too hard on my car all the time, but would like to know I’m free to let her rip when someone pulls up!

appreciate the help!

jose_206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Vehicle: 2021 Civic Sport CVT Hatchback

Total tuned time: 2 days

Tuned miles driven: 50

Tuning device(s) used: Ktuner V1.2

Tunes used: Phearable

Fuel used: 92 Shell

Additional related mods: None

Problems/issues: None

Driving style: Tame during weekdays, spirited on weekends

Tuning experience notes: Tuned at 1,000 miles. Opted for the cvt since most of my driving time is in traffic (yay Seattle) and wanted a comfortable ride for the wife and dog. I love everything about the hatchback except the engine didn’t inspire much confidence. The phearable tune definitely wakes things up and smooths out the driving experience. I stay mostly on maps 1 and 2 since I don’t feel the need for map 3. I don’t know much about cars, but reading this thread and other gtman posts eased any worries about tuning a brand new car. I’ll be sure to update, especially for those who are just everyday commuters that want a better driving experience out of their cvt.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

I stay mostly on maps 1 and 2 since I don’t feel the need for map 3. I don’t know much about cars, but reading this thread and other gtman posts eased any worries about tuning a brand new car. I’ll be sure to update, especially for those who are just everyday commuters that want a better driving experience out of their cvt.
Thanks for adding your car. And glad my posts have helped. Have fun.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Couple questions here. I’ve got a manual si coupe with brake assist, and I’m running the dual factory/21.5 basemap tune on ktuner.

1. Launch control and brake assist seems to be a potential match made in heaven. But I can’t help but feel like I could be seriously jacking up something... not sure what, just seems likely that wasn’t the intended use for the brake assist.

2.I’ve heard that 20+ psi range and your looking at hitting the edge of the stock clutches threshold. Assuming this effect is larger while starting and shifting to 2nd, what is the danger of flipping in to sport mode during wide open throttle in the middle of 2nd gear?
When you say "brake assist" do you mean brake hold? If so, here's a post that may interest you. Use at your own risk.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/launching.28791/post-483316

As far as that 21.5 base map, as long as you're not abusing things, that's pretty mild even with the stock clutch.

rikuhj

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag

Total tuned time: 2 days

Tuned miles driven: 50

Tuning device(s) used: Ktuner V1.2

Tunes used: Phearable

Fuel used: 92 Shell

Additional related mods: None

Driving style: Tame during weekdays, spirited on weekends

Tuning experience notes: Tuned at 1,000 miles. Opted for the cvt since most of my driving time is in traffic (yay Seattle) and wanted a comfortable ride for the wife and dog. I love everything about the hatchback except the engine didn’t inspire much confidence. The phearable tune definitely wakes things up and smooths out the driving experience. I stay mostly on maps 1 and 2 since I don’t feel the need for map 3. I don’t know much about cars, but reading this thread and other gtman posts eased any worries about tuning a brand new car. I’ll be sure to update, especially for those who are just everyday commuters that want a better driving experience out of their cvt.
Yeaaahhh bro, we are the only 2021s that are tuned out of engine break. We say bye bye to warranty but hello to fun fun fun. Lol

SonicBreezerST160

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Gray Pearl ST Hatchback
Country flag
Vehicle: 2017 Sport Touring Hatch back

Total tuned time: 47 months

Tuned miles driven: 70,000+

Tuning device(s) used:
Hondata (Non-Carb legal)Flashpro.

Tunes used: Hondata +6 psi

Fuel used: Chevron, Shell, Mobil, 76, 92/91 exclusively.

Additional related mods: MagnaFlow cat back.

Problems/issues:
None

Driving style: Mainly economical, but I have pushed the car pretty hard occasionally. Top speed observed was right at 130mph.

Tuning experience notes: None with this car, but I have had a couple of MkIII Supras with both 1Jz's, and 2Jz motor swaps. Have messed with Safc's and Greddy E-Manage, and let the pro's tune my single turbo 1J with AEM V2, then went and spun a rod bearing trying to squeeze mo powah past the tune.??

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for adding your car. 70,000 reliable tuned miles is fantastic. That's a great counterpoint to those saying our CVT's don't handle tuning well.

Vangkaret

First Name
Vangelis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport 1.5T 2019 5d
Country flag
Vehicle: 2019 Civic Sport 5d 1.5t(EU)

Total tuned time: Few hours...

Tuned miles driven: 100 km

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V1.2

Tunes used: Ktuner package 21psi keeping the 16.5 psi at ECO mode

Fuel used: 100 octane

Additional related mods: Non

Driving style: Slightly speedy with aggressive bursts from time to time.

Tuning experience notes: It was too soon to post anything but I am so excited. The car is transformed. It is like that we are all Covid free and I removed the mask from it.. I installed also honda hack today and already the display froze 2 times o_Oo_O. I think is common and also not related to the tune.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It was too soon to post anything but I am so excited. The car is transformed. It is like that we are all Covid free and I removed the mask from it.
Never too early to post because this is an ongoing thread. Add new posts with updates anytime. Glad to have you onboard.

I like your Covid free, taking the mask off analogy. Good stuff.

Last edited:

David228cx

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Red Honda Civic Sport (EU)
Country flag
UPDATE:

Vehicle: 2018 Hatchback Sport MT, European 1.5 non si

Total tuned time: 2 years

Total tuned mileage: 75,000 km

Tuning device(s) used: Ktuner

Tunes used: Ktuner Stage 2, Ktuner Starter 21 with mild settings, TSP Stage 1 (non-si)

Additional engine mods: Custom 2,5'' exhaust, PRL Intercooler, 27won Intake

Driving style: Long highway commutes with speedy aggressive bursts from time to time. Speedy mountain passes from time to time. Proper warmup and cooldown times when starting and stopping the car. A track day every few months.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully some people who have posted in the thread will see this.

It's really important that people add a new updated post from time to time. I see people posting about their new tune or new mods or issues all over the forum but not here.

If something changes in your tune or you've added tuned miles... etc., you need to add a new post here. Otherwise the thread becomes way less accurate and way less useful to the community.

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si coupe
Country flag
Vehicle: 2020 civic Si coupe

Total tuned time: 8 months

Total tuned mileage: 8,000

Tuning device(s) used: jb4, currently using ktuner v1.2

Tunes used: ran jb4 +6 on e30 for around 6,000 miles, now on phearable 1.5 with God mode!

Fuel used: Valero 93

Additional engine mods: Bms intake, plm 2.5 downpipe, resonator delete

Driving style: A little aggressive, wot on on-ramps, launch here and their, rarely wot in 4,5,6

Tuning experience notes: This is my first time using a flash tune and I understand the basics of it. I ran the jb4 for awhile and decided I would give the flash tune a go. The jb4 was fun and made a difference but it still had rev-hang and I really hated it. I’m now running phearable 1.5 with God mode and it is awesome. I also love the on-the-fly map switching. God mode is really fun when I use it(rarely use it). I recommend the phearable tune it is awesome!
Now at about 14,000 tuned miles. I am currently on phearable 1.5R. I also installed a yonaka exhaust and put in an action clutch Stage 3 clutch and flywheel 5,000 miles ago.
Sponsored