The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models)

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
TSP1 is a nice tune. And shines at higher rpm. The base starter tunes with aggressive tweaks tend to feel livelier at low rpm but fade up top.

As far as 91, you'll be fine. Big upgrade over stock. You could always add a gallon of E85 per tank to up the octane.

Go ahead and tune. You won't believe the difference. Phearable also offers their tune free (gotten solid reviews) with a KTuner purchase.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Umbra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic sport hatchback (cvt)
Country flag
TSP1 is a nice tune. And shines at higher rpm. The base starter tunes with aggressive tweaks tend to feel livelier at low rpm but fade up top.

As far as 91, you'll be fine. Big upgrade over stock. You could always add a gallon of E85 per tank to up the octane.

Go ahead and tune. You won't believe the difference.
Awesome man t

Go ahead and tune. You won't believe the difference.
Thats great to hear, I'm on verge of buying my ktunerV1.2 they're offering the TSP free with it at the moment. Would you say at low rpms you can still feel the difference between the tune and stock?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Would you say at low rpms you can still feel the difference between the tune and stock?
Yes but the real difference happens after 3,000 rpm. Derek (TSP/lMW) keeps things soft down low to protect the CVT.

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag

Umbra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes but the real difference happens after 3,000 rpm. Derek (TSP/lMW) keeps things soft down low to protect the CVT.
Gotcha, and I take it you drive a CVT right? Lol if so how long have you been using the tune and hows your car?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Gotcha, and I take it you drive a CVT right? Lol if so how long have you been using the tune and hows your car?
Just read the entire first post of this thread for all your answers. :thumbsup:

You use early spool for CVT? Wow..
When I ran the KTuner starter tunes? Absolutely.

Last edited:

Umbra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
91 oct, CVT, what else do we expect?
Mine also CVT, and this car even conservatively tuned can beat stock Mini Cooper S F56 and "ALMOST" on pair with JCW 3 door F56 in acceleration ?

We don't expect it to turn like BMW M2 hahaha.
This guy @Virhan blown up his civic by using inappropiate, rubbish gas 85 oct LOL
Alright thanks guys. I'll read from the beginning lol. And yeah I aint tryna blow my car lol I defintely recognize its a cvt but I do love it and know I can get more out of it. Gonna run the TSP and see how it goes. Keep reading good things. Once I get more knowledge I'll dive into tweaking settings. Since I don't wanna really mess with the unknown.

Umbra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Try Ktuner/Hondata Basemap first.
It is the most conservative tune.
My tuner even lower the boost.
If it is not enough for you, then go for TSP, maybe with 93 octane.
I think the key is using tune which suitable for us, like climate, fuel, transmission.

TSP is great if your fuel and climate supporting that.
Yeah since I only have 91 octane available I might consider it. I've been reading alot from TSP cali users that 91 is good, obviously 93 might present a little more power but nothing too noticeable. I really like the sounds of how lenient TSP is, as I plan to add bolt ons. But I keep reading the TSP makes the cvt a completely different car

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
Yeah since I only have 91 octane available I might consider it. I've been reading alot from TSP cali users that 91 is good, obviously 93 might present a little more power but nothing too noticeable. I really like the sounds of how lenient TSP is, as I plan to add bolt ons. But I keep reading the TSP makes the cvt a completely different car
No it's not just about power gain, but safety for the engine.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah with the knock control? People say they record around low to high 50's with the CVT TSP
What I'd do since you're new to tuning is just start on a KTuner base tune. Run it on 91 and see what you think. Get familiar with the quick adjustments and learn about datalogging and what parameters to keep your eye on.

I mean there's nothing wrong with starting out on a locked tune like TSP but getting some understanding of tuning basics first is a good idea too. Those available quick enables and adjustments really change the feel of the tune to suit your driving style.

Umbra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What I'd do since you're new to tuning is just start on a KTuner base tune. Run it on 91 and see what you think. Get familiar with the quick adjustments and learn about datalogging and what parameters to keep your eye on.

I mean there's nothing wrong with starting out on a locked tune like TSP but getting some understanding of tuning basics first is a good idea too. Those available quick enables and adjustments really change the feel of the tune to suit your driving style.
Gotcha ill try that. I mean ill have the TSP Flash ready to upload at any time anyways. Just gotta do some research and see how and what to tune

Umbra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

So the adjustments I can make all deal with psi levels on individual gears ?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No. You're thinking of boost by gear.

Here's the thing. This thread specifically is where owners with tuned cars post their info and I'm compiling the reliability data and tuning stats.

It isnt meant to be a tuning tutorial thead. Please don't take this the wrong way but you are veering things way off course here.

I suggest you start your own topic and ask questions there. Fair enough?

Umbra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No. You're thinking of boost by gear.

Here's the thing. This thread specifically is where owners with tuned cars post their info and I'm compiling the reliability data and tuning stats.

It isnt meant to be a tuning tutorial thead. Please don't take this the wrong way but you are veering things way off course here.

I suggest you start your own topic and ask questions there. Fair enough?
Gotcha man, thanks for all the input. Either way my head is in the right spot with starting out with a tune lol
Sponsored