The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models)

rawmar

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan, 2014 Mazda Miata Club
Country flag
Vehicle: 2018 Civic Si Sedan

Total tuned time: 14 months

Total tuned mileage: 10,000+ miles

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V1.2

Tunes used: TSP Stage 1 Si tune (mostly run in Map 1)

Fuel used: Shell, Mobil, or BP 93 (usually Shell)

Additional engine mods: None

Problems/issues: None

Driving style: Mostly driven lightly for better fuel economy. Occasional (every couple months) 2-3 hour joy rides beating on it hard in Map 3.

Tuning experience notes: First-time tuner. Love the TSP Stage 1 tune.
Sponsored

GixxerMKD

First Name
Baze
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5 Hatchback Sport 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The octane is great for keeping knock control low, but fuel trims can sometimes be "off" with aftermarket intakes, bolt ons and a base tune. What are your LTFT and STFT numbers looking like?
Here are the logs from today, when you have a chance check them out and let me know what do you think:

Highway: https://ufile.io/estwnxlv
City (coming home from highway): https://ufile.io/7ydnc6al

rnewman19

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Vehicle: 2016 Civic EX-T sedan

Total tuned time: 7 months

Tunes used: Dual Tune 21 PSI

Fuel used: Whatever

Problems/issues: Trying to run 24 PSI, I blew the Fuel Rail, etc. and had to have Fuel Rail, Injectors and more replaced and calibrated to get car out of Limp Mode.

Driving style: Speedy with aggressive bursts from time to time.

Tuning experience notes: I had a tuned Challenger before but this is my first Tuned Honda. I too never had a mod transform a car like tuning has. The increase in performance is night and day. I test drove an SI at the dealership and mine is just as fast. The reason I tuned was to reduce the feeling of turbo and CVT lag . Tuning's definitely reduced the lag and offers me away improved driving experience. After hosing my car by running a 24 PSI Tune I created and needing the Dealer to re-do much of the Fuel System, I reinstalled the Stock Dual 21 PSI but added all the simple steps like Early Spool, (Enhanced 2) on everything. My car is a Rocket and so much fun to drive. It freaks people out regularly when I drop the hammer and zoom by them in Dallas/Fort Worth Highway Traffic.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

I reinstalled the Stock Dual 21 PSI but added all the simple steps like Early Spool, (Enhanced 2) on everything. My car is a Rocket and so much fun to drive. It freaks people out regularly when I drop the hammer and zoom by them in Dallas/Fort Worth Highway Traffic.
You may want to consider the TSP Stage 1. It's about the perfect tune and well worth the 80 bucks for the D-Rob magic. The top end power blows away the KTuner 21.

dragonov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic
Country flag
Vehicle: 2017 Civic EX Hatch CVT

Total tuned mileage: 5,000 +

Tuning device(s) used: Hondata

Tunes used: Hondata +6 custom tune by E-Tunez

Fuel used: 91 or 93 octane

Additional engine mods: Enjen CIA, Custom straight pipe exhaust, Boomba BOV

Problems/issues: Some fouling with the BOV, Had to disassemble & clean

Driving style: Casual driving - aggressive at times

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here are the logs from today, when you have a chance check them out and let me know what do you think:
Your fuel trims look good overall. Everything basically seems OK. Temperatures did get warm but considering the speeds you were doing and how many times you went WOT it's not surprising. Knock Control did get high but with all the hard running you did, that's not unexpected on a non-Si.

Last edited:

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
*Updated* 9/12/2020

Vehicle: 2017 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT

Total tuned time: 3 Years, 4 Months

Total tuned mileage: 36,000 miles (29k Ethanol Blend)

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V2

Tunes used: Stage 2, Starter 21 Dual, Vit Viper Custom 93 Octane, Vit Viper Custom E30 Blend, Derek Robinson Custom 93, Derek Robinson E30 Blend (Current)

Fuel used: Chevron 93 Octane, Sunoco E85, Sunoco 93 Octane

Additional engine mods: PRL Front Mount Intercooler Kit, Greddy Supreme Sp Catback, BMS SRI, aFe Front Pipe

Problems/issues: Stock clutch has slipped when applying more than 50% throttle in higher gears (3-6), from the lower rpms (below 4k). Upgraded to Type R Retro Fit

Driving style: Usually drive fast (10-15 mph overspeed limit), although not always agressive. Occasional fun, and mexico, numerous quarter mile passes (track & Mexico) etc.

Tuning experience notes: First time ever tuning a vehicle.

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) Screenshot_20190402-012603

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) IMAG0640

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) IMAG0625

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) IMAG1305

Last edited:

RallyeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Vehicle: 2018 Civic Sport hatch (canadian spec0

Total tuned time: 17 months

Total tuned mileage: 28,000km

Tuning device(s) used: Ktuner v1.2

Tunes used: All pre-loaded tunes. currently on dual stage 2 21/23 psi and have been for just shy of 7000km.

Fuel used: Shell 91 or Petro-Canada Ultra 94 (only for summer during hot weeks to keep Kcon down)

Additional engine mods: PRL SRI with oiled spectre filter for winter and dry flow for summer

Problems/issues: hit over-boost once when my clutch slipped trying WOT shift first to second when first tuned. BBG is now setup correctly.

Driving style: **School zones are 40 for a reason.** Other than that, 60 everywhere lol. Semi-aggressive, sporadic days of squealing tires.

Tuning experience notes: Ive had some experience with blowing a d15 and b16 tuning a Chinese turbo in a 91 CRX, which i no longer own. I really just wanted to get rid of rev hang, but now I'm saving for some sticky tires and a custom tune for the strip next year.

I change my oil every 7000kms since my oil dilution situation is more severe than average. I mention this because some guys here say they go by the maintenance minder, i think oil changes and tuning on this platform should be in the same discussion. If you change your own oil, or pop your filler cap and smell gas than you should be changing your oil more frequently, i've seen someone get free oil changes between their regularly scheduled changes because of dilution in their 1.5t.

GerardV

First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe (Aegean Blue)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Please use the format below when posting your information:

Vehicle: 2018 Civic SI Coupe

Total tuned time: 11 months

Total tuned mileage: ,8,000+ miles

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V2

Tunes used: Ktuner 19 and 23

Fuel used: Kroger 93 Octane

Additional engine mods: PRL Cobra CAI (will be adding a downpipe and frontpipe soon, it's in the garage and has to be installed)
Problems/issues: None

Driving style: I drive aggressively, but don't tend to speed, my launch from a stop light, etc is aggressive, but I stop at the speed limit, braking and corning is aggressive as well, but not reckless occasionally I will go a little bezerk but that isn't normal

Tuning experience notes: Never had the guts to tune a car before, but my wife told me if I sold my 68 Mustang project I can use the money for the Civic SI and I'm THRILLED with the result, once the downpipe/frontpipe is installed the next step is the PRL inter-cooler, a short-shift option, then an exhaust, no idea which one yet, and if the need for speed is still there, I will go with an upgraded turbo- tuning the Civic in steps helps keep it exciting, if I did all the mods at once, it wouldn't sustain the fun, either way, so far it's been a BLAST

rnewman19

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag

Tunes used: Dual Tune 21 PSI

Fuel used: Whatever

Problems/issues: Trying to run 24 PSI, I blew the Fuel Rail, etc. and had to have Fuel Rail, Injectors and more replaced and calibrated to get car out of Limp Mode.

Driving style: Speedy with aggressive bursts from time to time.

Tuning experience notes: I had a tuned Challenger before but this is my first Tuned Honda. I too never had a mod transform a car like tuning has. The increase in performance is night and day. I test drove an SI at the dealership and mine is just as fast. The reason I tuned was to reduce the feeling of turbo and CVT lag . Tuning's definitely reduced the lag and offers me away improved driving experience. After hosing my car by running a 24 PSI Tune I created and needing the Dealer to re-do much of the Fuel System, I reinstalled the Stock Dual 21 PSI but added all the simple steps like Early Spool, (Enhanced 2) on everything. My car is a Rocket and so much fun to drive. It freaks people out regularly when I drop the hammer and zoom by them in Dallas/Fort Worth Highway Traffic.
Thanks, I may do just the. How do I lay my hands on that tune?

CivicOops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Vehicle: 2017 Civic Si Sedan

Total tuned time: 24 months

Total tuned mileage: 35k+ miles

Tuning device(s) used: Hondata

Tunes used: Hondata custom tuned by yours truly

Fuel used: BP 93 blend to e30 to e35 from shell

Additional engine mods: PRL flex fuel kit, down pipe and front pipe, MAP 3" race exhaust rest of the way, 27WON W1 turbo, PRL cobra race intake, Injen intercooler and pipes, clutch masters fx400 with SMF

Problems/issues:
None

Driving style: relaxed, hit hard at the track tho

Tuning experience notes: These cars heat soak bad, intercooler upgrade is a must, don't recommend one I got, waiting on #s for 27WOn once released and then debate between it and PRL. If you have an Si and are going to push the redline then Hondata is not the software for it, the VTC runs up to 6900 rpm and then resets to 0 degrees so you can't push past that, hope they get a work around, you can with Ktuner, this is my only real complaint. The W1 is awesome, I've pushed it past where they recommend and have checked shaft end play repeatedly and it's still solid, would like to have seen it be a ball bearing turbo tho. Just little things here and there, but I'm really happy with the car. Nothing quite like dragging a big v8s ass with a 1.5l 4 banger, they get pissed and it puts a big smile on my face
With that mileage you drive your car a fair amount. I'm curious how long have you had the fx400 clutch? and would you recommend it? I'm considering it but I've heard people say it's not good for daily driving.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

GixxerMKD

First Name
Baze
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5 Hatchback Sport 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your fuel trims look good overall. Everything basically seems OK. Temperatures did get warm but considering the speeds you were doing and how many times you went WOT it's not surprising. Knock Control did get high but with all the hard running you did, that's not unexpected on a non-Si.
Im considering TSP stage 1, whats your opinion, is it going to be ok with my setup and better than what i currently have? i love what they offer i just dont want to mess up anything :)

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Im considering TSP stage 1, whats your opinion, is it going to be ok with my setup and better than what i currently have? i love what they offer i just dont want to mess up anything :)
I like it better than the Ktuner 21 but it does have a different feel. Ktuner's setup is a bit more aggressive on the low end. The TSP tune has more power up top. It should work OK with your setup.
Sponsored