The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models)

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
Vehicle: 2017 Civic Si Sedan

Total tuned time: 24 months

Total tuned mileage: 35k+ miles

Tuning device(s) used: Hondata

Tunes used: Hondata custom tuned by yours truly

Fuel used: BP 93 blend to e30 to e35 from shell

Additional engine mods: PRL flex fuel kit, down pipe and front pipe, MAP 3" race exhaust rest of the way, 27WON W1 turbo, PRL cobra race intake, Injen intercooler and pipes, clutch masters fx400 with SMF

Problems/issues:
None

Driving style: relaxed, hit hard at the track tho

Tuning experience notes: These cars heat soak bad, intercooler upgrade is a must, don't recommend one I got, waiting on #s for 27WOn once released and then debate between it and PRL. If you have an Si and are going to push the redline then Hondata is not the software for it, the VTC runs up to 6900 rpm and then resets to 0 degrees so you can't push past that, hope they get a work around, you can with Ktuner, this is my only real complaint. The W1 is awesome, I've pushed it past where they recommend and have checked shaft end play repeatedly and it's still solid, would like to have seen it be a ball bearing turbo tho. Just little things here and there, but I'm really happy with the car. Nothing quite like dragging a big v8s ass with a 1.5l 4 banger, they get pissed and it puts a big smile on my face
Sponsored

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Additional engine mods: PRL flex fuel kit, down pipe and front pipe, MAP 3" race exhaust rest of the way, 27WON W1 turbo, PRL cobra race intake, Injen intercooler and pipes, clutch masters fx400 with SMF
Tuning experience notes:
These cars heat soak bad, intercooler upgrade is a must, don't recommend one I got, waiting on #s for 27WOn once released and then debate between it and PRL. If you have an Si and are going to push the redline then Hondata is not the software for it, the VTC runs up to 6900 rpm and then resets to 0 degrees so you can't push past that, hope they get a work around, you can with Ktuner, this is my only real complaint. The W1 is awesome, I've pushed it past where they recommend and have checked shaft end play repeatedly and it's still solid, would like to have seen it be a ball bearing turbo tho. Just little things here and there, but I'm really happy with the car. Nothing quite like dragging a big v8s ass with a 1.5l 4 banger, they get pissed and it puts a big smile on my face
Yeah, defo on PRL or 27Won FMIC. Have you considered aftermarket grill and hood/hood vents? Or adding oil cooler.

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
Yeah, defo on PRL or 27Won FMIC. Have you considered aftermarket grill and hood/hood vents? Or adding oil cooler.
I'll be picking up a turbo blanket and wrap for the down pipe and front pipe to get my IATS down after going to a different intercooler. Oil cooler after that, but as far as parts for power, 27WON when they get the TIP done and a port and polish but reality is the fuel system is maxed. I'm happy with the car as is now, I'd like to focus on suspension and then the seibon carbon fiber body kit, the whole damn car. Moving past the stock fuel system will be expensive and a nightmare at that, unless someone says fuck port injection and gives us a better HPFP and then I'll do the block and head and slap bigger injectors and give it more corn

jacobegg

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Vehicle: 2016 Touring

Total tuned time: 4 Days

Total tuned mileage: About 200 miles

Tuning device(s) used: Hondata Race

Tunes used: Hondata +6 for Injen SRI

Fuel used: 91

Additional engine mods: Injen SRI

Problems/issues: None

Driving style: Normally pretty casual, recently been playing around with the tune!

Tuning experience notes: So far I love having the tune. Bought the Hondata app so I could see my new horsepower readings. Showing about 210HP.. not bad!

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Vehicle: 2016 Touring

Additional engine mods: Injen SRI
Keep an eye on your fuel trims with the Injen intake just to be on the safe side.

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
No doubt, I had the Injen intake a long time back, so bad I didn't even feel right dumping it on someone looking to buy it, threw it in the trash

jacobegg

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Keep an eye on your fuel trims with the Injen intake just to be on the safe side.
No doubt, I had the Injen intake a long time back, so bad I didn't even feel right dumping it on someone looking to buy it, threw it in the trash
What is the safe range? I’ll keep an eye out. also just had the power steering light start flashing while driving. Tried to unplug Hondata so I could plug my dash cam in. Plugged it back in, waited about 30 seconds and it went away?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
LTFT and STFT shouldn't exceed + or - 10. As an example I generally see LTFT in the -3 range. Slightly rich but certainly normal. I've seen people with the Injen intake with fuel trims that are all over the place. It's an issue with the MAF. On the other hand, does Hondata have an Injen specific tune?

As far as the ps light, my guess is it had nothing to do with the tune.

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
LTFT and STFT shouldn't exceed + or - 10. As an example I generally see LTFT in the -3 range. Slightly rich but certainly normal. I've seen people with the Injen intake with fuel trims that are all over the place. It's an issue with the MAF. On the other hand, does Hondata have an Injen specific tune?

You can scale the MAF on Hondata and clean it up but the Injen intake makes it so inconsistent that it's difficult to do. I ran up to -17% when I had mine on and after tuning the hell out of it best I could get out of it -8%. Some people have had different experiences with it, mine personally was terrible

jacobegg

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag

Is this what you mean by all over the place?
First picture is at idle stopped
Second is at idle moving slowly
Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 94BF9F52-C21C-4F4F-804B-37C36B9A14C8

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) D8D44BE0-5ABC-45AC-ACAE-2B883BA53C6B

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
[QUOTE = "gtman, post: 711295, membro: 790"] L'ottano è ottimo per mantenere basso il controllo dei colpi, ma a volte le finiture del carburante possono essere "off" con prese aftermarket, bolt on e una melodia base. Che aspetto hanno i tuoi numeri LTFT e STFT? [/ QUOTE]

But he has the international ecu, LTFT varies between -9 / -4 the standard is -6 / -7

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is this what you mean by all over the place?
First picture is at idle stopped
Second is at idle moving slowly
94BF9F52-C21C-4F4F-804B-37C36B9A14C8.png

D8D44BE0-5ABC-45AC-ACAE-2B883BA53C6B.png
Go ahead and save an actual driving datalog for 30 minutes with a couple WOT runs. I'll be happy to read it for you. Post the datalog here as a .zip file.

Last edited:

jacobegg

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Go ahead and save an actual driving datalog for 30 minutes with a couple WOT runs. I'll be happy to read it for you. Post the datalog here as a .zip file.
How do I do that? Still learning all this

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) IMG_20191111_135149