The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models)

002_fc1

DRLNG_Z2
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@gtman sorry I looked at the wrong mileage on my recordings, I updated it on my post but I've been tuned 10k instead of 18k
Sponsored

RoB y4h3ll

First Name
Deric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda civic Si sedan, 2016 Honda civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last edited:

Civii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag

RoB y4h3ll

First Name
Deric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Where did you hear or read that information from? I've only read less than a handful of reviews about it.
From some videos of users with the tune

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Vehicle: 2017 Civic Si Sedan

Total tuned time: 3 months

Total tuned mileage: 3K miles

Tuning device(s) used: Hondata Flashpro

Tunes used: Hondata +6 psi tuned and TSP Stage 1 tune (TSP currently)

Fuel used: 91/occasional 100 octane to blend to 93 octane

Additional engine mods: PRL Race maf Cobra intake, Mishimoto FMIC w charge pipes, CM FX400 and LWFW and SS clutch line, MAperformance DP/FP combo with cat back street exhaust.

Problems/issues: None

Driving style: Slightly speedy with WOT pulls when I can (zero to low traffic)

Tuning experience notes: I've never had any experience with tunes, and still consider myself very green on the subject. But what I can say is that the tune makes a huge difference, hands down. Rev hang disabled, quicker throttle response (also due to the LWFW) the power doesn't drop off after 5K rpm it just keeps pulling to redline, I can tell it loves boost. It really woke this car up, I've had a lot of fun with this car. It's definitely been a learning experience but this community has helped a lot.

RoB y4h3ll

First Name
Deric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just picked up the phearable stage 1 tune, I will push up an update here shortly. I still need to send an update on the tsp stage 1 first.

Also, like an idiot... I ordered it thinking they are in the CST timezone soo it will be Monday before I get the tune.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Just picked up the phearable stage 1 tune, I will push up an update here shortly. I still need to send an update on the tsp stage 1 first.

Also, like an idiot... I ordered it thinking they are in the CST timezone soo it will be Monday before I get the tune.
Looking forward to your impressions of the tune.

RoB y4h3ll

First Name
Deric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking forward to your impressions of the tune.
So far, no so good man. K.control skyrockets. Ive tried reflashing too. No good. Im not sure if its my intake causing this or not.

Once I flashed back to the TSP no issues at all. I hit it so many times.. lol.

Also, it forces advanced VSA on whether I check it or not. It feels slower honestly. Pedal dance didn't bypass it either. Idk I think I just got a bad copy or something.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
So far, no so good man. K.control skyrockets. Ive tried reflashing too. No good. Im not sure if its my intake causing this or not.

Once I flashed back to the TSP no issues at all. I hit it so many times.. lol.

Also, it forces advanced VSA on whether I check it or not. It feels slower honestly. Pedal dance didn't bypass it either. Idk I think I just got a bad copy or something.
Keep in mind that any new tune will start at .59 when you first load it. And you mentioned the Texas heat you live in which plays a role.

But the always on Advanced VSA doesn't seem right. That has to be a glitch. I mean, forcing A-VSA wouldn't be a good move by Phearable considering that catted cars could potentially be damaged with overuse of that feature.

RoB y4h3ll

First Name
Deric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Keep in mind that any new tune will start at .59 when you first load it. And you mentioned the Texas heat you live in which plays a role.

But the always on Advanced VSA doesn't seem right. That has to be a glitch. I mean, forcing A-VSA wouldn't be a good move by Phearable considering that catted cars could potentially be damaged with overuse of that feature.
That's good to know. I will re-upload the tune to see what happens tomorrow. As for now though, I did get it down to .49 before hammering on it several, several times.. Seriously though, every time I would get to the end of 3rd (Starting from second in just about every situation..) I would hit .65-.69 in seconds.. its soo fckn frustrating!! ... so I go 45MPH, stick it in 6th and hold 3-4psi to lower it constantly! This usually only takes me about 30 - 60 seconds to get it back down from .59..... but when you spend more time lowering k.control than getting to send it... it becomes very discouraging ... also keep in mind that it was 10:00pm(2200), and ambient was about 77f-80f.

I had starting temps of 105f-120f (IAT 1 ECT 2) all around, and IAT2 was at 95f ish.. thats perfect for a good send it situation:mad:. All I know is that, somethings not right with this tune. Maybe the Typhoon intake is just crap for our car's, and not compatible with any stage 1 street tune..IDK.. I'm just so fckn annoyed that I payed 80 dollars to get 1-2 partial pulls an hour. I will update you guys on the tune as soon as they get back to me about it. First things first, I will need to get a good log of it for at least 20 minutes. Wish me good luck with this constant Kcount lowering job I just started! lol..

Another thing, why the heck was ECT2 disabled by default?!?! The custom fan curve was pointless as well. Its like it was disabled so that they could just say they made a custom fan curve lol... Alright, rant over.

RoB y4h3ll

First Name
Deric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, they emailed me back at 4am cst to tell me to re-upload it and drive it normal for 20 minutes. Lol. I mean the are the experts so, Ill just that, again. I drove around for an hour last night, total time, I made sure the values were at .49 any time before punching it.

RoB y4h3ll

First Name
Deric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
*UPDATE* 6th time
ORIGINALLY POSTED ON 04/09/2020

Vehicle:

2020 civic Si.

Total Tuned Time:
2.7months. (First tuned on 04/01/2020)

Total Tuned Mileage:
*Update* 06/22/2020 Odometer reads 19,115k
*Update* 06/01/2020 Odometer reads 16,758k
*Update* 05/28/2020 Odometer reads 16,050k
*Update* 05/14th/2020* Odometer reads roughly 14,800k miles.

*Total tuned miles by date:* (MILES SINCE LAST UPDATE) [ 2,357K ]
06/22/2020
06/01/2020
05/28/2020
3250 miles.
05/14/2020
2,000 miles.
05/01/2020
1,500 miles.
04/01/2020
400 miles.

*Was at 400 miles when I first posted the miles tuned. *

Tuning Device Used:
KTuner V2.

Tunes & Settings Used:
*Update 06/22/2020* [PRIMARY & Current TSP Stage 1 street][Disabled rev-hang][Added settings; ADVANCED VSA CHECKED-ADVANCED VSA SET TO; AGGRESSIVE IGNITION PULLBACK/LIGHT FUEL PULLBACK]

*Update* 06/22/2020 ("For 10-20 MILES" I tried Phearable stage 1 out, and had lots of issues. I have determined that the TYPHOON K&N SHORT RAM is the issue, its constantly causing K.control issues due to heat.

*Update 05/14/2020* [PRIMARY & Current TSP Stage 1 street]
[Previous Tune Starter ~ Base/23.5] (Throttle Response 1. 2-STEP SETUP @ 3950k-4000k-No Rev hang)

Fuel Used:
EXXON-93 Only.
I will be experimenting with SHELL/VELARO Soon.

Additional Engine Mods:
*COMING SOON* {27WON COLD AIR INTAKE} *EXPECTED DATE - 07/15/22
*ADDED* 06/22/2020 Invidia Gemini CatBack - Ti Burnt Tips(zero miles driven with the exhaust. That will tonight lol.)
*ADDED*06/01/2020 K&N Typhoon short ram heat shielded(Hot air intake??)(awesome for noise though!)
Problems/Issues:
*Update* 06/22/2020 Phearable Stage 1 street - Issues are due to my (K&N TYPHOON SHORT RAM)
Insane K.CONTROL. I have the 27WON cold air coming in july, this should resolve this issue.
*OLD ISSUES:*
*Update* 05/28/2020 (Same rare issue)Jerky throttle is more related to a limp throttle. Associated with large some knock counts maybe missfire?
*Update 05/14/2020* TSP stage 1 - Rare issue, but it seems to give me some jerky thottle respones every so often. Also, im running super rich. After 2-3 70mph pulls, my exhaust smells like fireworks. Elevation is at 544. Ive noticed that I get a lot more knock counts(like some times in 10 minutes 30+),and an occasional rise in knock control. Usually to 0.52-0.54.
I will start looking for better fuel in town.

Snmtazz70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
500HP 2019 Honda Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Vehicle: 2019 Civic Type R Touring

Total tuned time: 6 months

Total tuned mileage: 1500 miles

Tuning device(s) used: Hondata RACE Flashpro

Tunes used: Hondata PRL 93, Derf Tuned Flex Fuel Option

Fuel used: Shell 93, Shell 93/e85 (3 gallons)

Additional engine mods: FBO/Flex Fuel (upgraded turbo being built)

Problems/issues:
None

Driving style: Speed with some aggressive bursts from time to time.

Tuning experience notes: This is my first time tuning but been learning how to adjust perimeters. All work done by me, except a separate tune by Derf Tuning. Not a daily but I like to get all out of the car that it can.

RoB y4h3ll

First Name
Deric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Vehicle: 2019 Civic Type R Touring

Total tuned time: 6 months

Total tuned mileage: 1500 miles

Tuning device(s) used: Hondata RACE Flashpro

Tunes used: Hondata PRL 93, Derf Tuned Flex Fuel Option

Fuel used: Shell 93, Shell 93/e85 (3 gallons)

Additional engine mods: FBO/Flex Fuel (upgraded turbo being built)

Problems/issues:
None

Driving style: Speed with some aggressive bursts from time to time.

Tuning experience notes: This is my first time tuning but been learning how to adjust perimeters. All work done by me, except a separate tune by Derf Tuning. Not a daily but I like to get all out of the car that it can.
Thanks for the type R post. Not many of these here.
Sponsored