The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models)

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Your numbers basically look fine there (IAT's slightly high). A split second of some high stft isn't a big deal. + or -10 is the general range to be in. Your LTFT is sitting at -3 which is excellent. I also see K Control is .49 so like I was saying before, those higher numbers the other day were a temp thing from those WOT pulls.
Sponsored

RoB y4h3ll

First Name
Deric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda civic Si sedan, 2016 Honda civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your numbers basically look fine there (IAT's slightly high). A split second of some high stft isn't a big deal. + or -10 is the general range to be in. Your LTFT is sitting at -3 which is excellent. I also see K Control is .49 so like I was saying before, those higher numbers the other day were a temp thing from those WOT pulls.

Yea its a bit hot out today, I took the picture after a 5 minute idle from the one before. Here is a 2 min idle.

Average IAT is usually about 110 cruising at 40ish mph but ill keep checking to see.

LTFT1 just hit -10 (idling)

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 15894828942567523796773543537836

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 15894830445064550035406128526840

10thgenSIcoupeBLK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Civic si coupe
Country flag
RoB, as far as running rich, post up a datalog in KTuner format here (in a .zip) and I'll read it to see your actually trims or other issues.

As far as KTuner base versus TSP, it's almost night and day. While KTuner does have a touch more oomph down low, TSP wins everywhere else. It's smoother, more linear and the top end screams.

Thanks for updating.
funny he said this on tsp be. I also feel as if I’m running a little rich. My exhaust in first to second has some lovely pops lol and it isn’t just one or two pops it’s full on gurgling but I also cut off the muffler and added a straight
Pipe

RoB y4h3ll

First Name
Deric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
funny he said this on tsp be. I also feel as if I’m running a little rich. My exhaust in first to second has some lovely pops lol and it isn’t just one or two pops it’s full on gurgling but I also cut off the muffler and added a straight
Pipe
Ohh yea rich as hell.... lol...

RoB y4h3ll

First Name
Deric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is what I consider average/normal operating status. Am I wrong?

See, Map 3 on TSP Stage 1 doesnt seem to do much more... even eith sport on.. seems to be a bit more sluggish if anything.

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 20200514_182506

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure what you're asking based on that screenshot.

RoB y4h3ll

First Name
Deric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure what you're asking based on that screenshot.
Just wondering if thats how the car should look in motion with nornal city driving at about 80F ambient temps

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The numbers basically look "OK" but that's just one moment in time. Those numbers change and that's why the best thing is a long datalog. I'm sure everything is fine though.

Me, I upload a tune and run a long datalog shortly after. Then I unhook the KTuner from my car and just check things from time to time.

Sometimes I think people can drive themselves nuts with looking at those numbers constantly. Not saying folks shouldn't keep an eye on stuff though.

RoB y4h3ll

First Name
Deric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Alright, thanks man for the input. Ill get logs as soon as I can.

905Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Sensing, 2020 Kia Telluride SX
Country flag
Vehicle: 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Sensing

Total tuned time: 13 months

Total tuned mileage: 10000 KM

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V2

Tunes used: KTuner Starter 21

Fuel used: Esso 93/Petro 94

Additional engine mods: PRL silicone hose / aFe Pro Dry S filter combo

Problems/issues: None

Driving style: Average with hard pulls once in a while

Tuning experience notes: Totally made the car fun and don't regret it.

FrostFTW

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Sedan
Country flag
Vehicle: 2018 Civic Si sedan

Total tuned time: 12 months

Total tuned mileage: 16,000+ miles

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V2

Tunes used: Ktuner 19.5/23 approx May 19 - Sept 19 > TSP Stage 1 Sept 19 - May 10th '20 > Ktuner 19.5/23 currently due to knock control getting more sensitive

Fuel used: Murphy's Express 93oct or Casey's 93oct for 90% or more of the life of the car

Additional engine mods: PRL Cobra Street MAF since March '19

Problems/issues: Increased knock control sensitivity started around 20k miles. Currently nearing 27k. Rarely saw knock control go above .49 for approx first 10k miles with Ktuner, but lately I have been lucky to pass a slow car on the highway without bumping my knock control into .5+ or a single pull putting me at .7 or higher. I have switched back to 19.5/23 tune and it has helped quite a bit, but still don't think it is back to consistency I was seeing for first 10k miles after tuning it. No CEL's and I was always able to get knock control back to .49. STFT and LTFT never seem to go beyond +/- 10%

Driving style: Have maintained an avg mpg of above 32. WOT maybe 2 - 6 times a week. More conservative lately due to knock control concerns.

Tuning experience notes: First time tuner and have really enjoyed the way it improves the performance, but concerned with the recent knock control sensitivity.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Frost, like I mentioned in your thread, those numbers don't sound that unusual. As long as kc drops down slowly after a pull, that's normal. K control could be elevated due to the quality of the gas (bad batch) for example. You're welcome to upload a datalog and I'll look at it.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Vehicle: 2018 Civic Si Coupe

Total tuned time: 6 months

Total tuned mileage: 3,000 miles

Tuning device(s) used: Ktuner V1.2

Tunes used: TSP Stage 1 for Si

Fuel used: Chevron and Shell 92 (highest octane offered in Oregon)

Additional engine mods: 27Won CAI, ACT Organic clutch kit, 27Won RMM, Ruthenium HX plugs.

Problems/issues: Clutch slipped the first day I had the tune flashed. I was on the freeway going ~70 and I mashed it in 4th gear on a 90 degree, banked interchange ramp.

After I tuned, I notice I began to have an oil leak that appears to be from the timing chain inspection cover. I doubt it's related to the tune, but it coincidentally started after.

Many, many clutch master cylinder issues that are documented in other threads I've made. Still working that one out, but it's mostly related to the clutch swap instead of the tune.

Driving style: I rail on it constantly. I rarely hit it hard from a dig but we have many, many beautiful and curvy back highways here I hit up all the time. I'm just waiting for my 4th gear to blow up since that's where I spend most of my time.

Tuning experience notes: This was my first experience tuning a car. The cost of entry is very, very low on this platform, especially for Ktuner, for the entire ecosystem and level of community and vendor support you receive.

TSP Stage 1 for Si really, really unlocks the great potential these engines have. At first I was very cautious, watching fuel trims and knock control religiously. I still have tunerview setup to automatically launch on the head unit every ignition cycle so I can watch the readouts for peace of mind. But it's been long enough without a hiccup with regards to the engine I feel comfortable driving the way I want to instead of constantly acting as if I'm driving on glass and watching knock control.

One major downside I've noticed about the V1.2 is the tunerview app for the head unit has many, many bugs. It constantly disconnects and stops reading values from the Ktuner. It frequently will not connect on app launch. And all the time it gets stuck in a loop where it constantly dims the screen and says it's connecting to the ktuner when it's already connected and reading out values. I wish there was a better solution for this, but outside of getting a V2 which has its own display or using a phone or tablet to run it independently of the head unit, I feel there is no real solution.

Additionally, I am very bummed that tunerview won't show knock count. The ktuner software shows it, the V2 shows it. Why can't the 1.2 show it in tunerview?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I know I'm in minority here but I had no issues whatsoever when I had the Hondata app. Tunerview looks better and is more detailed, but for me, it's seriously buggy in terms of it getting and holding a Bluetooth connection. Thankfully, I have a V2 and I just use that instead.

SilverArrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X 1.5 T. Sport
Country flag
One major downside I've noticed about the V1.2 is the tunerview app for the head unit has many, many bugs. It constantly disconnects and stops reading values from the Ktuner. It frequently will not connect on app launch. And all the time it gets stuck in a loop where it constantly dims the screen and says it's connecting to the ktuner when it's already connected and reading out values. I wish there was a better solution for this, but outside of getting a V2 which has its own display or using a phone or tablet to run it independently of the head unit, I feel there is no real solution.

Additionally, I am very bummed that tunerview won't show knock count. The ktuner software shows it, the V2 shows it. Why can't the 1.2 show it in tunerview?
Try to set, in tunerview settings, autoconnect delay to 1000.
Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) Screenshot_20200519-195908
Sponsored

Last edited: