The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models)

mforcino

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
@gtman were you able to tweak the Ktuner starter 21 map to get more power on the top end as well as down low? Just curious.
Sponsored

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I did up the boost to 22.5 psi from 4,000 to 5,500 rpm back in the day and while it felt a touch better, I noticed knock control was higher so I went back to 21 psi.

sleepingawake

First Name
Sleeping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS
Country flag
I have civic sedan 1.5 182ps cvt, k&n drop in air filter other than stock. I flashed ktuner stage 2 dual tune. Is it bad for my car? Do i need additional parts installed? I dont drive agressively, just some pulls sometimes. My general fuel consumption is 6.0lt for 20.000 km.
Btw, after ktuner in eco mode, i see some better fuel economy with my car, for ex, i was going to work with 5.0-5.3 before, now with the tune i go with 4.6 4.7 5.0.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You're fine. For everyday driving, a stock setup like that is OK without any need for any additional parts. If you drove it hard and your weather is hot, an intercooler upgrade wouldn't be a bad idea, but you mentioned you drive it conservatively.

BTW, don't forget to post a tuning survey. Format and details in the first post of this topic.

sleepingawake

First Name
Sleeping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS
Country flag
You're fine. For everyday driving, a stock setup like that is OK without any need for any additional parts. If you drove it hard and your weather is hot, an intercooler upgrade wouldn't be a bad idea, but you mentioned you drive it conservatively.

BTW, don't forget to post a tuning survey. Format and details in the first post of this topic.
Ok good to know that. Yay i'd would buy an intercooler if the temps go too high.

I'll join the survey after i do 10.000 km with the tune. So far temps seems ok, but i haven't pushed too hard. Just observing fuel consumption, and for know, i am very happy with that.

Hondaman248u

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring
Country flag
Vehicle: 2018 sport touring

Tuning device:ktuner

Total tuned miles:33k

Total tuned time:20 months

Total miles:39k

Tunes used:dual 21psi, currently doing a custom drob tune

Issues:none yet

Other mods: ktuner, cobra cai, w1 drop in, mishimoto intercooler, mishimoto charge pipes, prl catted down pipe, megan racing front pipe, prl trans cooler, res delete

Driving style: mostly highway with a few high speed pulls i like to get up to speed

Gas type:93 maybe e35 later

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for joining the CivicX.com tuning survey. :thumbsup:

With your mods, it's important you go custom tuning and drob is the best. Smart move. Feel free to update your survey with the results here.

Last edited:

RoB y4h3ll

First Name
Deric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda civic Si sedan, 2016 Honda civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
*UPDATE* 3rd time
ORIGINALLY POSTED ON 04/09/2020

Vehicle:
2020 civic Si.

Total Tuned Time: 1.5 months. (First tuned on 04/01/2020)

Total Tuned Mileage: *Update 05/14/2020* Odometer reads roughly 14,800k miles.

05/14/2020
2,000 miles
05/01/2020
1,500 miles.

*Was at 400 miles when I first posted the miles tuned. * (9 FULL tanks still a little over half of a tank left)

Tuning Device Used: KTuner V2.

Tunes & Settings Used: *Update 05/14/2020* [PRIMARY & Current TSP Stage 1 street]
[Previous Tune Starter ~ Base/23.5] (Throttle Response 1. 2-STEP SETUP @ 3950k-4000k-No Rev hang)

Fuel Used: 93 Only.

Additional Engine Mods: PRL silicone hose / K&N panel replacement/drop in filter.

Problems/Issues:
*Update 05/14/2020* TSP stage 1 - Rare issue, but it seems to give me some jerky thottle respones every so often. Also, im running super rich. After 2-3 70mph pulls, my exhaust smells like fireworks. Elevation is at 544. Ive noticed that I get a lot more knock counts(like some times in 10 minutes 30+),and an occasional rise in knock control. Usually to 0.52-0.54.
I wi start looking for better fuel in town.

*Update 04/16/2020* *NEW* If you pull through all of the gears then I don't have this issue* *OLD>>>* Clutch slipping 4th+gears or between 3k-4k with throttle response on 1 or 2. I don't really seem to have this issue much with the factory throttle response.

Driving Style : *Update* 05/14/2020 I now average 28mpg with TSP Stage 1
On average, I let'er rip about 10 times a day. Not always in every gear. Some times just in 2nd, some times 2nd-3rd. Other times 1st-2nd-3rd.

*Old* I average 33+ Mpg in the City, Although I do send it more frequently when quarantined for an extensive amount of time.

Tuning Experience Notes: *Update* 05/14/2020
TSP stage 1 tune is a day and night difference compared to the starter tunes. I am making the same power with 19 psi compared to the starter 23psi tune. Such a great cleanup & performance tune.

05/01/2020
Found out that I am faster than 5.0 mustangs ... I am less paranoid about blowing it up now. *Update 04/23/2020* Lots of paranoia about blowing it up... Lol.
Peddle dance become a habit.... I can see where my engine mounts have been full torque lol...

Last edited:

RoB y4h3ll

First Name
Deric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Re edited the above post after you liked it^^ its finished now. I am experiencing some odd issues. Maybe someone can enlighten me on these issues.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
RoB, as far as running rich, post up a datalog in KTuner format here (in a .zip) and I'll read it to see your actually trims or other issues.

As far as KTuner base versus TSP, it's almost night and day. While KTuner does have a touch more oomph down low, TSP wins everywhere else. It's smoother, more linear and the top end screams.

Thanks for updating.

RoB y4h3ll

First Name
Deric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
RoB, as far as running rich, post up a datalog in KTuner format here (in a .zip) and I'll read it to see your actually trims or other issues.

As far as KTuner base versus TSP, it's almost night and day. While KTuner does have a touch more ooomph down low, TSP wins everywhere else. It's smoother, more linear and the top end screams.

Thanks for updating.

Alright, it will be a couple of weeks, my system went down last night. Power supply took a dump. How many logs can I record on the ktuner-v2? Before it starts to erase the first ones and so on? Also, how long should these logs be? Record my pulls or record an hour long drive with some pulls? I need to start self learning how to use the logs. I "WOULD" start today but you know... as soon as I get the TSP tune saved on my tuner, my computer takes a dump ... it was so random.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I can't remember the exact space but there's room for a bunch of datalogs.

A good datalog would be 20-30 minutes of driving (ideally after the engine has warmed up). Drive normally with a few WOT pulls.

RoB y4h3ll

First Name
Deric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can't remember the exact space but there's room for a bunch of datalogs.

A good datalog would be 20-30 minutes of driving (ideally after the engine has warmed up). Drive normally with a few WOT pulls.

Alright, ill start some this friday when I go out for a cruise with the guys.

Also, I have a few guys who have tuned their 10th gen Si's. I will try to direct them here to post up their experiences and tune times. Also a type R. If they cant/wont, I will ask them for the info my self and post it here for you to add up. Thats a promise.

Jhall.IV

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Vehicle: 2020 Civic Si Sedan

Current Mileage: 17,500

Total tuned time: 2 weeks

Total tuned mileage: ~1,000 miles

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V2

Tunes used: I currently run the ktuner start dual map 19/23.5, I attempted to run the MAPerformance stage 1 tune but it didn't quite run properly and my car was not happy in the least every time I tried to flash/fix it

Fuel Used: Shell 93 exclusively

Additional engine mods: Typhoon K&N CAI, Meganracing DP, 82a hasport RMM. I had a boomba bov but I didn't like how it made the car run so it came off after about 200 miles with the ktuner.

Problems/issues: Stock clutch already gone, fx350 in the mail now. When running MAPerformance tune the car occasionally bucks if i cruise at sub 3k rpms. If i let off throttle and eased back into it felt like i was riding my clutch and dumping it but went away for the most part with 19/23 tune only happens very seldom now.

Driving style: Spirited with occasional quartermile pulls.

RoB y4h3ll

First Name
Deric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@gtman so I was cruising and the stft1 poped in to +19% for a brief moment. I wasnt in full throttle.
The ltft1 went as high at -5% ... whats the range for ltft1? Also stft1?

Honda Civic 10th gen The Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 15894811343496235024001492322758
Sponsored