NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good Morning Y'all. I just wanted to start off by saying; The CivicX Community has been, by far, one of the best communities I've ever been a part of. So many friendly people and so many willing to help and give information.

In July 2018, I bought my Brand New 2018 Civic Si Coupe with 5 miles on the ODO. I absolutely loved the look, style and handling of the vehicle. It didn't take long before I quickly began modifying it.

300 Miles - D2 Lowering Springs
1,000 Miles - KTuner v1.2 w/TSP Stage 1 Tune.
1,000 Miles - PRL Cobra CAI w/Race MAF.
3,200 Miles - PRL Catless Front-Pipe & Down-Pipe
7,500 Miles - KTuner Flex-Fuel Kit / TSP Stage 2 Tune
12,000 Miles - Spec Inc Stage 3 Clutch w/SMF
14,500 Miles - Wilwood Upgraded CMC

The car drove beautifully and was an absolute monster. I tracked it TWICE. But, at the 2nd event, I pushed a head-gasket.

21,800 Miles - New OEM Head-gasket, ARP Head-Studs, Resurfaced Head and Valve Job.

After I got it back, I drove it for a while and it was great again. But then, I decided to change tunes.

30,100 Miles - Phearable Stage 2.5 w/GOD Mode

I continued to drive the car here and there and had no issues with it. But 2 weeks ago, I drove it to work while it was raining and the turbo sucked in water while on the freeway. The car started to sputter and I shut it off and pulled over immediately. I got it towed home and was able to pump all the water out. Flush the oil twice and got her up and running like nothing ever happened. But....I knew it was a sign.

You see, for months I've been taking one of my motorcycles to work and the car sat. I was looking to sell it and get a truck. I have started tracking my motorcycles more and more and I knew I had to get a truck for towing the bikes and gear to different tracks. After the potential Hydro-Locking issue, I dropped the car off at home and went straight to the dealership. In its current condition, with 35,710 miles on the ODO, I was offered $20,000 for the car. I jumped on it.

So folks, I sold my Si. I was sad to see it go and it was a good car. I loved it. But it was time. Thank you all for the support and help you've given me over the years. I'll continue to be around as my wife still has here 2019 Civic Si Sedan. But I'm not sure how long that will last, because she's being offered 30K+ for it in the current market. ?

In the meantime, here's a couple pics of the ole gal.

Honda Civic 10th gen The Time Has Come.... VKyp8ODl

Honda Civic 10th gen The Time Has Come.... MZDbH0Hl

Honda Civic 10th gen The Time Has Come.... IbW1qIQl

The Replacement:

2022 RAM 1500 Quad Cab Big Horn w/Night Edition Package (All Black)

Honda Civic 10th gen The Time Has Come.... 91B4DjDl

dirty_civic

First Name
Dirty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Was it just rain or did you end up going through a large amount of water/flooding to have it suck up and almost hydrolock?

OP
OP
NoKz

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't know how you drive through enough water to get it into the intake track. Did you drive through a lake?
Was legit just driving on the freeway while it was pouring. I didnt drive through a single puddle. Ive done it many times before and never had an issue. But for whatever reason that day, it sucked up enough to make her sputter. When I drained the oil, it looked like a mocha latte. I did notice the under-try was missing a retaining clip. So i think it was potentially scooping water into it with the little sag it had.

After turning her over a couple times without the spark plugs to pump the water out, new spark plugs, drying the MAF sensor out, flushing the oil out twice and new filters, she was fine.

kelvin

First Name
kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic 2019 EXL
Country flag
[QUOTE = "djlythium, publicaciĂłn: 1096147, miembro: 29185"]
¡Todo un reemplazo! ? ¡Que te vaya bien!
[/CITA]
hola me gustaria saber donde consigo la tapa del radar completa para mi civic

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan / 04’ CRV EX 5MT
Country flag
Was legit just driving on the freeway while it was pouring. I didnt drive through a single puddle. Ive done it many times before and never had an issue. But for whatever reason that day, it sucked up enough to make her sputter. When I drained the oil, it looked like a mocha latte. I did notice the under-try was missing a retaining clip. So i think it was potentially scooping water into it with the little sag it had.

After turning her over a couple times without the spark plugs to pump the water out, new spark plugs, drying the MAF sensor out, flushing the oil out twice and new filters, she was fine.
Do you think it was the carbon hood?

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your car was another inspiration for me

Given the circumstances, I understand your decision

Do stay around

jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
This makes more sense to me as I can't see how you got water in there if you didn't submerge it. I've been riding around Ohio's rainy and snowy seasons with the full PRL CAI with no signs of water anywhere near the filter and i've driven through some heavy ass rain on the highway multiple times with 18 wheelers splashing up giant tidal waves at me.

engineering

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Congrats on the new purchase man, Wish you all the best!

Last edited:

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This makes more sense to me as I can't see how you got water in there if you didn't submerge it. I've been riding around Ohio's rainy and snowy seasons with the full PRL CAI with no signs of water anywhere near the filter and i've driven through some heavy ass rain on the highway multiple times with 18 wheelers splashing up giant tidal waves at me.
I've been eyeballing this hood for a while but was wondering how rain could affect the engine at the potential exposure points. Anyone out there have any experience with how the engine handles rain coming in through the vents? I planned on pulling the trigger on this in the Apr-May timeframe. I'm in GA so we get a pretty good amount of rain through the year.

In theory, wind passing over the vents pulls warm air out, but I'm not sure if that's enough to keep the rain out.

OP
OP
NoKz

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Actually, I sold the hood months ago. I had the stock hood on. Rest assured, the Seibon Hoods are very safe and did NOT cause this issue.
Sponsored