The Sopranos - Who are your 3 most hated characters?

The Sopranos - 3 most hated characters

• I don't know

• Tony Soprano

• Dr. Jennifer Melfi

• Christopher Moltisanti

• Junior Soprano

• Silvio Dante

• Paulie Gualtieri

• Salvatore "Big Pussy" Bonpensiero

• Carmela Soprano

• Janice Soprano

• Livia Soprano

• A.J. Soprano

• Meadow Soprano

• Johnny Sacramoni

• Phil Leotardo

• Father Phil Intintola

• Richie Aprile

• Ralph Cifaretto

• Adriana La Cerva

• Bobby Baccalieri

• Artie Bucco

• Jackie Aprile Jr.

• Hesh

• Vito Spatafore

• Furio Giunta

Results are only viewable after voting.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
I love The Sopranos but there are some characters I've hated so much, I either wanted them to get clipped or was happy when they were.
Who are your 3 most hated characters?

If the character is not listed, feel free to reply with the character's name.
Sponsored

Last edited:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll let you know once I'm done w/the series. I'm at season 4... been watch it consistently for the last couple months. I always heard it was one of the greatest shows ever and missed it on it's original run. I have to say... it really is excellent. My old lady really likes "gangster" flicks and this is right up her alley. It's become our nightly routine to watch an episode.

My initial reaction 1/2 through the series was his mom... she tried to kill him... and was a fake-out towards the end of her run post-stroke. Every time she did her, "I wish the lord would take me" and start in on her fake crying... it really did make me want her to die. Then apparently the actress did die and the character got wrote off so... well... wish granted? :hmm:

Richie's up there for me now... but he doesn't grate on my nerves like the mom did.

OP
OP
FC3L15B7

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'll let you know once I'm done w/the series. I'm at season 4... been watch it consistently for the last couple months. I always heard it was one of the greatest shows ever and missed it on it's original run. I have to say... it really is excellent. My old lady really likes "gangster" flicks and this is right up her alley. It's become our nightly routine to watch an episode.

My initial reaction 1/2 through the series was his mom... she tried to kill him... and was a fake-out towards the end of her run post-stroke. Every time she did her, "I wish the lord would take me" and start in on her fake crying... it really did make me want her to die. Then apparently the actress did die and the character got wrote off so... well... wish granted? :hmm:

Richie's up there for me now... but he doesn't grate on my nerves like the mom did.
Yeah, I'd say wish granted. haha. Livia is one of those characters you figure out after you see her covering up her apparent sadness. She's very narcissistic. The moment you begin to believe her, you see that twist in her personality. She really isn't sad and she doesn't care about anyone except herself. You catch her laughing through her crocodile tears. One of my favorite scenes:

You may or may not have noticed Livia was played by Nancy Marchand - whom has a huge filmography spanning many TV series and movies - is the actress that is known for having played the Mayor in the movie The Naked Gun. She died in 2000. The writers wanted her character arc to continue, but she passed away between the second and third season's filming.

A lot of people don't know it's not actually Nancy Marchand in the stroke scene. They filmed her character's last scene using CGI and a body double. I always wonder what the storyline would have been like had she been able to continue, but they did a decent job of moving on with the show since it made sense and it wasn't one of those "all-of-a-sudden the character is missing" and they just make up a storyline.

Richie Aprile is OG and someone to be feared. I will leave the rest for you and your wife to experience on your own. lol.

I'm glad you're catching up on this series. The film, "The Many Saints of Newark", which was supposed to be released in September this year, is a prequel to The Sopranos. Jim Gandolfini's (Tony Soprano) real-life son, Michael, is playing the role of young Tony. The film has been rescheduled for release in March 2021 because of the pandemic.

Enjoy!

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, I'd say wish granted. haha. Livia is one of those characters you figure out after you see her covering up her apparent sadness. She's very narcissistic. The moment you begin to believe her, you see that twist in her personality. She really isn't sad and she doesn't care about anyone except herself. You catch her laughing through her crocodile tears. One of my favorite scenes:

You may or may not have noticed Livia was played by Nancy Marchand - whom has a huge filmography spanning many TV series and movies - is the actress that is known for having played the Mayor in the movie The Naked Gun. She died in 2000. The writers wanted her character arc to continue, but she passed away between the second and third season's filming.

A lot of people don't know it's not actually Nancy Marchand in the stroke scene. They filmed her character's last scene using CGI and a body double. I always wonder what the storyline would have been like had she been able to continue, but they did a decent job of moving on with the show since it made sense and it wasn't one of those "all-of-a-sudden the character is missing" and they just make up a storyline.

Richie Aprile is OG and someone to be feared. I will leave the rest for you and your wife to experience on your own. lol.

I'm glad you're catching up on this series. The film, "The Many Saints of Newark", which was supposed to be released in September this year, is a prequel to The Sopranos. Jim Gandolfini's (Tony Soprano) real-life son, Michael, is playing the role of young Tony. The film has been rescheduled for release in March 2021 because of the pandemic.

Enjoy!
Yeah... I saw it was coming out and Gandolfini's boy is going to play a young him. I figure I'll have finished the series by the end of next month... and will certainly be checking out the movie whenever it comes out. I'd heard of it coming out and recently saw the episode where Tony is taking AJ around Newark, checking out the church, and they were doing the house-buying scheme. In a lot of ways since I'll have recently watched the series... the movie should work very well for how fresh all the characters are for me.

Richie? Man... I get his childish sense of humor. Early on he was the guy cracking jokes to break the ice when things were heavy, even if it was inappropriate. He just kept unfolding to be more and more dark. Looking forward to where he goes or what his end will be. A lot of the season 1 crowd has been weeded out and I've still got a couple seasons left to see their end. I kind of know how the show ends as... well... it's one of the THE endings in television history, but the path to getting there is completely unknown. I do think there's a buildup to a fissure or outright breakup between Tony and his old lady. They show has been marching that way since season 1 with her and the priest. She just started swiping cash and investing it behind his back... that with her real estate thing she's doing... she's building the ability to be self sufficient. Assuming they're going to have to address it before the show wraps. It seems to be building to something... it just hasn't happened yet.

OP
OP
FC3L15B7

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah... I saw it was coming out and Gandolfini's boy is going to play a young him. I figure I'll have finished the series by the end of next month... and will certainly be checking out the movie whenever it comes out. I'd heard of it coming out and recently saw the episode where Tony is taking AJ around Newark, checking out the church, and they were doing the house-buying scheme. In a lot of ways since I'll have recently watched the series... the movie should work very well for how fresh all the characters are for me.

Richie? Man... I get his childish sense of humor. Early on he was the guy cracking jokes to break the ice when things were heavy, even if it was inappropriate. He just kept unfolding to be more and more dark. Looking forward to where he goes or what his end will be. A lot of the season 1 crowd has been weeded out and I've still got a couple seasons left to see their end. I kind of know how the show ends as... well... it's one of the THE endings in television history, but the path to getting there is completely unknown. I do think there's a buildup to a fissure or outright breakup between Tony and his old lady. They show has been marching that way since season 1 with her and the priest. She just started swiping cash and investing it behind his back... that with her real estate thing she's doing... she's building the ability to be self sufficient. Assuming they're going to have to address it before the show wraps. It seems to be building to something... it just hasn't happened yet.
I can't respond too much to a lot of what you've typed without spoiling it, but they will revisit a lot of what you're talking about. ;) As far as the ending, if you've read it but haven't seen it, I won't spoil it either. You said you were in season 4 though, so you should know by now what happens with Richie. Maybe it's another character you're thinking of, but Richie's tour ends season 2, episode 12. Maybe you're thinking of Ralph.

Last edited:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can't respond too much to a lot of what you've typed without spoiling it, but they will revisit a lot of what you're talking about. ;) As far as the ending, if you've read it but haven't seen it, I won't spoil it either. You said you were in season 4 though, so you should know by now what happens with Richie. Maybe it's another character you're thinking of, but Richie's tour ends season 2, episode 12. Maybe you're thinking of Ralph.
Yep. Got my R-guys mixed up. Funny enough... T just got hands on with Ralph on the episode I watch last night out of nowhere. He gone! Didn’t see that quick end coming... I figured they were going to build up to something... other than... well, *that*. They’re going to have to introduce new characters soon at the rate they’re going... if this was a slasher flick, I swear... we’d be in the second 1/2 and the body count would be getting high. My guess for next to go would be Furio... but maybe they’ll let that fire burn awhile.

OP
OP
FC3L15B7

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yep. Got my R-guys mixed up. Funny enough... T just got hands on with Ralph on the episode I watch last night out of nowhere. He gone! Didn’t see that quick end coming... I figured they were going to build up to something... other than... well, *that*. They’re going to have to introduce new characters soon at the rate they’re going... if this was a slasher flick, I swear... we’d be in the second 1/2 and the body count would be getting high. My guess for next to go would be Furio... but maybe they’ll let that fire burn awhile.
Hahaha. Ralph's end caught me off, too, because Tony lets things go and then Ralph's son's accident with the arrow, you start to see a human being and Tony softens up a bit. Then Ralphie had to turn back into that despicable facade of human and goodbye Ralphie. haha.

As for more characters, there are.. Whether they live or die, you'll have to find out. ;)

Hajidub

Honda driver, vintage stereo enthusiast
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic YES
Country flag
The most annoying now that I think it is Carmela. Constant whining Fran Dresher voice.

OP
OP
FC3L15B7

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The most annoying now that I think it is Carmela. Constant whining Fran Dresher voice.
There are some moments where I don't like her - like when she's stealing Tony's money. I don't GAF who you are - it doesn't belong to you, even if it's earned illegally. lol.

OP
OP
FC3L15B7

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
One of the nicest scenes is when Corrado sings Core 'Ngrato. It's too bad Meadow has to pipe in during the middle of it, but Dominic Chianese performed it for Sessions @ AOL.

Catari, Catari, pecche me dice sti parole amare,
Pecche me parle e 'o core me turmiente, Catari?
Nun te scurda ca t'aggio date 'o core, Catari,
Nun te scurda
Catari, Catari, che vene a dicere stu parla ca me da spaseme?
Tu nun'nce pienze a stu dulore mio,
Tu nun'nce pienze, tu nun te ne cure.
Core, core, 'ngrato,
T'aie pigliato 'a vita mia,
Tutt'e passato e
Nun'nce pienze chiu
Catari, Catari, pecche me dice sti parole amare,
Pecche me parle e 'o core me turmiente, Catari?
Nun te scurda ca t'aggio date 'o core, Catari,
Nun te scurda
Catari, Catari, che vene a dicere stu parla ca me da spaseme?
Tu nun'nce pienze a stu dulore mio,
Tu nun'nce pienze, tu nun te ne cure.
Core, core, 'ngrato,
T'aie pigliato 'a vita mia,
Tutt'e passato e
Nun'nce pienze chiu

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Been a while since i watched, but I can't stand AJ. He's a lazy whinner. And Tony's mom, well, just gets on my nerves.

OP
OP
FC3L15B7

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Been a while since i watched, but I can't stand AJ. He's a lazy whinner. And Tony's mom, well, just gets on my nerves.
Haha. There were times AJ was completely pathetic, but Meadow was as bad as AJ, with her "poor me" excuses every time she got caught doing drugs or something she wasn't supposed to be doing. Remember when she's like, I know what I did was wrong, blah blah and you should take away my Amex.. lol. Then she turns around, walked away, smirking.. Ugh! haha.

Here's a Tony quote about AJ that sums up what you're getting at:
"How about the fact that I hate my son? I come home - he's sitting on the computer in his f*cking underwear; wasting his time in some chit chat room, going back and forth with some other jerk off; giggling like a little school girl. I wanna f*cking smash his f*cking face in."

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haha. There were times AJ was completely pathetic, but Meadow was as bad as AJ, with her "poor me" excuses every time she got caught doing drugs or something she wasn't supposed to be doing. Remember when she's like, I know what I did was wrong, blah blah and you should take away my Amex.. lol. Then she turns around, walked away, smirking.. Ugh! haha.

Here's a Tony quote about AJ that sums up what you're getting at:
"How about the fact that I hate my son? I come home - he's sitting on the computer in his f*cking underwear; wasting his time in some chit chat room, going back and forth with some other jerk off; giggling like a little school girl. I wanna f*cking smash his f*cking face in."
Haha! But at least Meadow was hot. :p

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haha! But at least Meadow was hot. :p
Man... I don’t get her character. She’s crazy hot and cold sometimes... completely random and unpredictable.

I hope that’s not how my 2 daughters are when they hit their teens... I’m going to send them to their room for about 1/2 a decade.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man... I don’t get her character. She’s crazy hot and cold sometimes... completely random and unpredictable.

I hope that’s not how my 2 daughters are when they hit their teens... I’m going to send them to their room for about 1/2 a decade.
Been a long time, but from what I remember, there really wasn't a lot of story about her, like she could of been left out and it wouldn't make a difference, maybe in just forgetting, but that wouldn't say much for her either lol
Only thing I do remember is that Tony hated her one multi racial boyfriend.
Sponsored