The Smoking Tire 360hp 2017 Civic Si One Take

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
360 whp for a 1.5 L engine is freakin' insane! :cool:
I remember some earlier discussions here when people were saying it won't be able to handle even 300... Of course, "reliably handle" is where it's at, who knows how long this setup will last (with the stock engine components), but still this is very impressive.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great video. Where's Matt? Looks and drives like a proper Type R. Hope Honda gets it right by toning it (exterior) down on the 2019 base R; it'll be my last ICE car before slowly converting my current fleet to EV or Hybrid.

ActiveArch

First Name
Nubar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great video. Where's Matt? Looks and drives like a proper Type R. Hope Honda gets it right by toning it (exterior) down on the 2019 base R; it'll be my last ICE car before slowly converting my current fleet to EV or Hybrid.
I believe Matt hired this guy to do the lower-end cars on the smoking tire so he can just focus on the higher end ones.

Last edited:

jrschultz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Manual
Country flag
Great episode showcasing the Civic SI's potential. It's nice to see people pushing the limits of the 1.5T. Honda must have really overbuilt this engine.

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
Great episode showcasing the Civic SI's potential. It's nice to see people pushing the limits of the 1.5T. Honda must have really overbuilt this engine.
Engine's internals are stock. It's a full bolt on car, including turbo, with a fuel mix tune. I don't believe at the time of this video he had his MoTec ECU installed, but its even more beastly now.

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
So Eman, is yours not setup on more aggressive tune and higher boost for Sport Mode? I feel cheated that he was running around without sport mode on:/

DatBoiRic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX sedan 6SPD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I believe Matt hired this guy to do the lower-end cars on the smoking tire so he can just focus on the faster and higher end ones.
"This guy" is Zack Klappman , he's also an owner of the Smoking Tire , and has been with Farah since the beginning
Sponsored