The SD card is an actual "removable" card.

kostas

First Name
Kostas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch 1.5 Sport Plus
Country flag
This may be interesting to zero people.
But in case that someone wants this info, it is confirmed, there is an actual SD card in the HU (inthere is the Garmin.apk stored)

Honda Civic 10th gen The SD card is an actual "removable" card. 20210506_114300
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
But in case that someone wants this info, it is confirmed, there is an actual SD card in the HU (inthere is the Garmin.apk stored)
Actually, I didn't know that. So count me in as finding that interesting. What brand do they use?

OP
OP
kostas

kostas

First Name
Kostas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Actually, I didn't know that. So count me in as finding that interesting. What brand do they use?
There is no brand on it! Actually, I don't care cause I intend to use extension and use bigger one(s).
Using this place for music, apps like musicolet can continue from where you turned off engine last time cause the mount is super fast ;)

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
There is no brand on it! Actually, I don't care cause I intend to use extension and use bigger one(s).
Using this place for music, apps like musicolet can continue from where you turned off engine last time cause the mount is super fast ;)
So you're saying the HU will pick up the app if you put the apk in the SD Card? I wonder if the non-Nav model has the slot and if we can get nav by just putting the garmin.apk in the SD Card?

OP
OP
kostas

kostas

First Name
Kostas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So you're saying the HU will pick up the app if you put the apk in the SD Card? I wonder if the non-Nav model has the slot and if we can get nav by just putting the garmin.apk in the SD Card?
That's how I'll try to use larger card.

The non-Nav models lack also the GPS antenna/receiver (i think).

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag

I seem to remember there was a thread saying at least the Si (thus at least all Premium Systems?) has the GPS antenna. That's why you can use Waze with Hondahack.

Thanks for mentioning Musicolet. It looks really good on Android but unfortunately looks too basic (no list by album art) on Android Auto. I'm actually thinking about rooting my HU to get Musicolet now. lol...

OP
OP
kostas

kostas

First Name
Kostas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I seem to remember there was a thread saying at least the Si (thus at least all Premium Systems?) has the GPS antenna. That's why you can use Waze with Hondahack.

Thanks for mentioning Musicolet. It looks really good on Android but unfortunately looks too basic (no list by album art) on Android Auto. I'm actually thinking about rooting my HU to get Musicolet now. lol...
Oh I see. That's good!

Yeah! I talk about HU player. Apps in AA are so limited

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My non-GPS EX-T has the GPS antenna. The Sygic navigation APK worked just fine when I had it installed, I also have a GPS speedometer app running on its own at the moment on my head unit.

Pretty sure any 7 inch touch screen systems have a GPS antenna.

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag

I would assume that *at least some* non-nav units have a GPS radio and antenna for HondaLink location services. I would also *think* that all Display Audio head units, like my Si and others that are HondaLink compatible, would have it. ??

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag

My CAD spec 2020 SI has navigation, from what I have seen the USDM version does not which is strange..... Interesting none the less... wonder if a faster read/write card would see any improved performance...

panchox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 17 EX-T
Country flag
Any chance of uploading the entire SD card content?, send it through PM if you can.

I'm trying to run the official Navi system on those that did not come with it but have GPS antenna, thank you.

Last edited:

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm interested in what is the capacity limit on the SD card. I have dashcams and I know some the SD slots will not take anything bigger than 64gb.

Mentalchemy

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
Additional removeable media storage is interesting indeed.. I'm also interested in any possible tutorial on how to get the nav to work on my '18 Si as I am constantly using the phone and wanting to reduce the risks involved with diverting attention away from the road. I know how to unlock it, but nothing is there when I do so the proper apk I suppose is what I need first..

Sal

First Name
Sally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag

20210506_114300.jpg
Did you replace it yet with a bigger capacity storage? Any improvements? Bugs?

OP
OP
kostas

kostas

First Name
Kostas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you replace it yet with a bigger capacity storage? Any improvements? Bugs?
Nope. Not just yet...
This is a used one I got from ebay just to pry it open and discover.
Just finished the last details of the amp & speakers installation and the sd card is next. (Also waiting for the extension)
Sponsored

Reactions: Sal