mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Yes, they will be able to tell through the date stamp on the calibration. If you have malfunction originated from bad production, Honda still will honor your warranty. But if the damage to the engine looks "unnatural" then they will investigate more to determine if the damages due to the modification you did.
If there is a dispute, it is hard to argue if there is evident that the car has been modified (this time stamp). Problem is Honda will know that the car has been modified but they cannot tell exactly what. I would not mind to get a tuner to do only rev-hang delete but there is no way I can prove to the dealership that this is the only mod I did!

Also, don’t know about the dealerships in your area. In Canada, the dealerships go by the book, they do exactly what Honda Canada tells them to do.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sly_Si

First Name
Willi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
If there is a dispute, it is hard to argue if there is evident that the car has been modified (this time stamp). Problem is Honda will know that the car has been modified but they cannot tell exactly what. I would not mind to get a tuner to do only rev-hang delete but there is no way I can prove to the dealership that this is the only mod I did!

Also, don’t know about the dealerships in your area. In Canada, it is not easy to find a honest dealership.
Sorry, i didn't know you are in Canada. Here in US we have Magnuson-Moss law to protect us consumer from bad dealership.

And if you have Honda warranty, not dealership extended warranty, it's Honda the one who is paying for the repair, not the dealer itself. So i assume they won't give you such problem, but i could be wrong though..

I guess try to ask dealership first, with the risk they will flag you for potential modifying your car..

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Sorry, i didn't know you are in Canada. Here in US we have Magnuson-Moss law to protect us consumer from bad dealership.
And if you have Honda warranty, not dealership extended warranty, it's Honda the one who is paying for the repair, not the dealer itself. So i assume they won't give you such problem, but i could be wrong though..
I guess try to ask dealership first, with the risk they will flag you for potential modifying your car..
I bought extended warranty. I can be wrong but Honda Canada manages extended warranty as well.

I am sure Canada has some equivalent consumer protection laws but they do not stop the dealerships to cheat out the customers. I heard many stories and even watched them on TV.

As for asking the dealership, I would not accept less than a written statement and no dealership here would provide a statement like this. Imagine the liability of this statement!

Last edited:

Sly_Si

First Name
Willi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I bought extended warranty. I can be wrong but Honda Canada manages extended warranty as well.

I am sure Canada has some equivalent consumer protection laws but they do not stop the dealerships to cheat out the customers. I heard many stories and even watched them on TV.

As for asking the dealership, I would not accept less than a written statement and no dealership here would provide a statement like this. Imagine the liability of this statement!
That really sucks dude, sorry to hear that..
Any way, try to double clutch while shifting, does not reduce the hang time, but give you something to do in between shift so you don't hold your clutch for too long.

How to double clutch :
1. Press clutch
2. Shift to neutral
3. Release clutch
4. Press clutch again
5. Go to next gear..

That was what i did until i get my Hondata, make it easier to time it in between shift.

Tenshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
so after you hondata'ed it its just gone? define gone
The base tune does a great job increasing the fun factor and driving experience. For Hondata (that is what I have), there is a setting called 'Fuel Cut Off Delay'. basically, the amount of time the computer keeps injecting fuel after you stop hitting the gas.

I found the base tune still had a bit too much hang. So I dialed back those cut off delay numbers (I halved them, IIRC) and found that to be a good spot for me. Like with any setting, there is a trade off. The lesser those numbers, the choppier the car behaves when I take my foot off the gas. The trade off is well worth it for me. I just drive to avoid that clunky-ness by keeping my foot on the gas or popping into neutral if I'll be coming to a stop.

I bought a manual car to feel in tune with it. To control the drive. To me, the computer was getting in the way of that goal. A quick adjustment to the computer and I am right where I need to be.

I recommend braking in the engine and clutch before doing the tune though. Have fun!

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
The base tune does a great job increasing the fun factor and driving experience. For Hondata (that is what I have), there is a setting called 'Fuel Cut Off Delay'. basically, the amount of time the computer keeps injecting fuel after you stop hitting the gas.

I found the base tune still had a bit too much hang. So I dialed back those cut off delay numbers (I halved them, IIRC) and found that to be a good spot for me. Like with any setting, there is a trade off. The lesser those numbers, the choppier the car behaves when I take my foot off the gas. The trade off is well worth it for me. I just drive to avoid that clunky-ness by keeping my foot on the gas or popping into neutral if I'll be coming to a stop.

I bought a manual car to feel in tune with it. To control the drive. To me, the computer was getting in the way of that goal. A quick adjustment to the computer and I am right where I need to be.

I recommend braking in the engine and clutch before doing the tune though. Have fun!
yeah dude i disabled the rev hang in my FP and the jerkyness sucks now in lower gears. i dont know how i feel about that. i know its supposed to be that way, but i think i just gotten accustomed to the rev hang. i might switch it back

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
I went back as well with leaving it enabled and tapering the fuel cut off dwell time. Car drove like shit with ac on with rev hang delete. Tranny shifts better enabled. Regained the auto rev matching under cruise. I have nlts for the rowdy times

Tenshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yeah dude i disabled the rev hang in my FP and the jerkyness sucks now in lower gears. i dont know how i feel about that. i know its supposed to be that way, but i think i just gotten accustomed to the rev hang. i might switch it back
Yes the trade off is real! I can pull my numbers later if you are interested. I find it to be a good medium. Sport mode is a little worse for the jerk but the street driving is perfect. "Normal" driving mode (not sport)-is now called 'Parking Lot Mode'- LOL

Also, to reduce the jerkyness, go from 10% throttle to zero or something like that. Don't go from feathering the gas to zero-huge jerk follows that. I find that giving the car a little gas then cutting the throttle gives less jerk than waning it off. I don't engine brake often but that is always good to know when playing with the numbers.

lowrysam

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (Black) w/ HFP package
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
While we are on the topic of Rev Hang, isn't there a way to temporarily turn it back on after it had been disabled using kTuner? I thought I remembered something about pushing the cruise control button on would re-enable rev hang. Is this correct?

rezlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic Si
Country flag
You need to adjust your driving style. It’s not a VTEC. The power is all down low. Shift at 4500 and you will be happier.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
You need to adjust your driving style. It’s not a VTEC. The power is all down low. Shift at 4500 and you will be happier.
Mine pulls until redline with my adjustments. Which is irrelevant...This convo though really only has to do with daily driving and the reality that SOME rev hang does actually make it more enjoyable in multiple circumstances

OP
OP
type_r_wannabe

type_r_wannabe

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe WOP
Country flag
I'll have to read my warranty closely before rushing out to get the flashpro...dont wanna risk our warranties up here in canada being different or something

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I'll have to read my warranty closely before rushing out to get the flashpro...dont wanna risk our warranties up here in canada being different or something
Please do. I like to know what you think.
I am going to the dealership soon. I will ask as well.

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
@KTuner was the first to have a fix for this and currently has this feature and it is adjustable to your liking. Plus KTuner sales their unit for $449 versus hondata's $699......So common sense takes over at this point, why pay more for something with less features
Sponsored