BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
i have flash pro and can confirm it does bot get rid of the rev hang. shit sux because before i bought it i was under the impression it would eliminate the RH.
Sponsored

Sly_Si

First Name
Willi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Is hondata/ktuner truley the only way out of this problem? I have the standard 3 year warranty and wasn't going to do it until after, but it feels like its taking away so much from what the driving experiance COULD be....
If you worry about your Warranty, it won't void it unless they can prove it that the tuning cause the damage. If you just get the Flashpro and do the rev hang delete on Stock Equivalent tune, it won't cause excesive stress on the motor and transmission. Being said that, i can't guarantee that you won't be tempted to try higher tune.

Me for example, i bought the Flashpro to removed the Rev hang ONLY, but here i am daily drriving a +9psi tune with the biggest smile i ever had.. no regrets lol.

Ps: the Rev Hang delete option only available on the Race Flashpro, not the CARB Flashpro..

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
If you worry about your Warranty, it won't void it unless they can prove it that the tuning cause the damage. If you just get the Flashpro and do the rev hang delete on Stock Equivalent tune, it won't cause excesive stress on the motor and transmission. Being said that, i can't guarantee that you won't be tempted to try higher tune.

Me for example, i bought the Flashpro to removed the Rev hang ONLY, but here i am daily drriving a +9psi tune with the biggest smile i ever had.. no regrets lol.

Ps: the Rev Hang delete option only available on the Race Flashpro, not the CARB Flashpro..
hey i have the racr FP. where do i go into the software to delete the rev hang?? i thought it would automatically delete. how do i do it cause im running the +6 in sport mode and it still has a little rev hang

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
nvm looks like i already had that shit checked. 4 some reason there is still a little RH though. i guess im just going 2 live with it

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
do u guys feel like rev hang could cause notchier shifts?

Sly_Si

First Name
Willi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
hey i have the racr FP. where do i go into the software to delete the rev hang?? i thought it would automatically delete. how do i do it cause im running the +6 in sport mode and it still has a little rev hang
Hey man, there are 2 ways..

The easiest way is go to "mods" and check disable rev hang. You can also do the throttle response mods in this option.

The second one is through the Calibration under "Fuel" just adjust the Fuel overrun to 10 on all 5 boxes, And then under misc you have to uncheck the P0299 under boost.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey man, there are 2 ways..

The easiest way is go to "mods" and check disable rev hang. You can also do the throttle response mods in this option.

The second one is through the Calibration under "Fuel" just adjust the Fuel overrun to 10 on all 5 boxes, And then under misc you have to uncheck the P0299 under boost.
yeah I realized that I needed to uncheck the box "overrun throttle opening enabled" that seemed to make it a lot better now

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Did you try the Improved Throttle Response from "Mods" as well? It's super fun
oh damn I didn't try that dude... what difference does that make when driving, just quicker throttle response?

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
If you worry about your Warranty, it won't void it unless they can prove it that the tuning cause the damage. If you just get the Flashpro and do the rev hang delete on Stock Equivalent tune, it won't cause excesive stress on the motor and transmission.
My understanding is based on the last modified date, Honda would know that ECU was modified but would not know exactly what had changed. Please correct me if I am wrong.

BTW. How do one prove that only rev hang delete was installed?

I am concerned that Honda would deny any engine related warranty claims once a mod is detected.

Sly_Si

First Name
Willi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
My understanding is based on the last modified date, Honda would know that ECU was modified but would not know exactly what had changed. Please correct me if I am wrong.

BTW. How do one prove that only rev hang delete was installed?

I am concerned that Honda would deny any engine related warranty claims once a mod is detected.
Yes, they will be able to tell through the date stamp on the calibration. If you have malfunction originated from bad production, Honda still will honor your warranty. But if the damage to the engine looks "unnatural" then they will investigate more to determine if the damages due to the modification you did.

That car is yours, you have every single right to do whatever you like, the warranty is there to cover if there is defect from factory.

I had 2016 yamaha R1, i put on full exhaust, and tuning. 3k miles later it spun the bearing, Yamaha did investigation, and determined that it was factory defect, and cover my warranty.

Have a little peace of mind, unless you do stupid stuff with your car.
Sponsored