Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The best I did was around 500 miles in my old TLX. It was surprising to me how well they've gotten that V6 to be fuel efficient.
Sounds impressive but it does have a 17 gallon tank so maybe 29mpg.
Sponsored

jaco

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 99 Miata
Country flag
I've done 440 miles on 10.2 gallons, stopped as the light came on. You can do 500 on the car.

I got 575 out of my life 13 2.4L accord. The 17.2G tank and averaging 36-39 on the highway.

Knappy17

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan Red
Country flag
Love seeing this thread. I have a long 350-mile drive to school and I thought I was the only one setting these green goals! Mine drive is very mountainous, and I still can reach the 41-42mph range completely stock. Did you see a mpg improvement with the PRL intake?

OP
OP
blinkz0rz

blinkz0rz

First Name
Jrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FC1 Civic Si, 1997 Dodge Dakota, 1972 Plymouth Roadrunner 440, 2010 JKU Jeep Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Love seeing this thread. I have a long 350-mile drive to school and I thought I was the only one setting these green goals! Mine drive is very mountainous, and I still can reach the 41-42mph range completely stock. Did you see a mpg improvement with the PRL intake?
Probably did see a boost in efficiency, but I cannot recall much as I got the PRL Cobra a couple months after buying the car which was 2 years ago now. I remember getting 42mpg for awhile on the dash mpg calculation after PRL Cobra.

The biggest improvement was getting Ktuner with TSP1 tune, which I stated earlier. I am now seeing 46mpg on the dash mpg screen.

Last edited:

Knappy17

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan Red
Country flag
Probably did see a boost in efficiency, but I Cant recall much as I got the PRL Cobra a couple months after buying the car which was 2 years ago now. I remember getting 42mpg for awhile on the dash mpg calculation after PRL Cobra.

The biggest improvement was getting Ktuner with TSP1 tune, which I stated earlier. I am now seeing 46mpg on the dash mpg screen.
Thanks! Was there a reason you went with the "street" version of the intake instead of the "race"?

OP
OP
blinkz0rz

blinkz0rz

First Name
Jrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FC1 Civic Si, 1997 Dodge Dakota, 1972 Plymouth Roadrunner 440, 2010 JKU Jeep Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks! Was there a reason you went with the "street" version of the intake instead of the "race"?
I didnt have the cash for the Ktuner at that time, so tuning for Race was not an option and I was not going to endure issues on that unturned setup.

Good thing now is Ktuner gives both Street and Race files for the TSP1 tune, no need to specify when buying the tune! So what sucks more now is having to buy the $250 Race manifold from PRL., but I would also need to source the actual Race MAF sensor too. Oi

DallasCRX

First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 Honda GL1100 GoldWing Interstate, 1986 Honda CRX Si, 2009 Honda CRF250X, 2009 Aprilia Shiver, 2010 Nissan Frontier, 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
My best run to date was 802km @ 5.6L/100km, or 498mi @ 50.4mpg. Bone stock everything. I wouldn't classify as hypermiling, just easy, conscientious driving, still done on my standard commute, not a special highway run or anything. 94 Octane.

Honda Civic 10th gen The quest for 500miles on single tank of gas 107356328_2389910681309748_1008810604021555467_n

kcvpr

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Makes sense. I know they engineer the tank to be bigger than the notification suggests just so people don't actually completely empty the tank. I have done that in the past on my old 1988 Cutlass Calais.
AS far as I know one of the main reasons is because the only way the fuel pump keeps itself from overheating is by transferring its heat into the fuel. So, if you run your tank too low you're putting extra stress on the pump. Risking burning it up, one of the reasons why some track guys will say not to go below 1/4 tank on a track day.

My brother burned up the pump in his chevy truck ironically, because he was cheap and was always running it low on gas. But that specific model was also known for that problem when running low on gas.

Also, what are your hyper mile-ing techniques? This is the most fuel efficient car I've owned so far. My best is 44mpg on a trip to Lake Tahoe.

OP
OP
blinkz0rz

blinkz0rz

First Name
Jrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
AS far as I know one of the main reasons is because the only way the fuel pump keeps itself from overheating is by transferring its heat into the fuel. So, if you run your tank too low you're putting extra stress on the pump. Risking burning it up, one of the reasons why some track guys will say not to go below 1/4 tank on a track day.

My brother burned up the pump in his chevy truck ironically, because he was cheap and was always running it low on gas. But that specific model was also known for that problem when running low on gas.

Also, what are your hyper mile-ing techniques? This is the most fuel efficient car I've owned so far. My best is 44mpg on a trip to Lake Tahoe.
Low throttle to accel, shift ~2k rpms, engine brake/coast towards stops and engage clutch ~800 rpms (no shifting or neutral until clutch at low rpm), keep boost under 10psi, drive posted speed limits.

I never read into any hypermiling books or articles, it is something I just formulated myself. The only thing I looked into was Jason from EngineeringExplained about the difference between engine braking and shifting into neutral and coasting down a hill.

I suppose I should look more into the Hypermile geoups and technology to assist.

Sdd99

First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Temperature impact? I saw 91 degrees on one of your photos - unless you're driving with the windows up and no AC, I would have to believe that's a drag on your mileage, no?

OP
OP
blinkz0rz

blinkz0rz

First Name
Jrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Temperature impact? I saw 91 degrees on one of your photos - unless you're driving with the windows up and no AC, I would have to believe that's a drag on your mileage, no?
I do a mix now, start with AC to cool the cabin out and then turn it off after 5mins while I get a few blocks away from work. I then drive with no AC and windows cracked about 3 inches for wind flow and just HVAC on Lo at 4 fan speed. Very minimal drag in this setting. I keep the moonroof and visor closed because it blocks the sun overhead.

When I ran AC, since I just had the warranty replacement done on the condenser, it was about 1mpg less.
Sponsored