• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

The problem with waiting on an unreleased car....

Integra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
Is all the lull in discussion and information between leaks or announcements.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Knowing Acura and Honda they like to be extremely tight lipped about all products. I think you saw what happened to that one guys post where it was taken down as Honda cracks down on all possible things. Personally they do this to build more and more hype around the car. For some people the hype died down because it wasn’t a 2 door so those people who wanted an Integra essentially got disappointed. I’m personally just being calm about it. It’s on my mind yes but in reality if a car is said to come out by spring 2022 then now it’s the waiting game.

OP
OP
Integra

Integra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
I'm a coupe guy myself, but I'm also aware of the current market so didn't really expect one when they have dropped the Accord and Civic coupes.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Yeah that’s the thing I didn’t expect one either especially since the civic coupe only sold 2% mid way of the 10th Gen.

OP
OP
Integra

Integra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
Yeah that’s the thing I didn’t expect one either especially since the civic coupe only sold 2% mid way of the 10th Gen.
Really? I feel like I see quite a lot of them. Probably 25% of the ones I see are coupes. I was very tempted for a Green Si Coupe.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Really? I feel like I see quite a lot of them. Probably 25% of the ones I see are coupes. I was very tempted for a Green Si Coupe.
Yeah I can’t remember which article it was but honda had confirmed it was around 2% of sold coupes at the tail end. I personally see more hatchbacks and Sedans then coupes. A lot of people just like having practicality and the 2 door couldn’t offer that.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I'm still holding onto a little hope that they might still make a coupe variant after the 5 door is released. I won't be surprised or upset if they don't... but given the choice between a 5 or 3 door, I'd go for the 3 door. It just depends on how much customer outcry there is for one to happen I think.

Most luxury/premium automakers still offer coupes, they're easier to justify with the higher profit margins than they are on mainstream mass market brands. I also don't think the sales % of the civic coupe is a perfect model to base potential sales off of... sales slump at the end of a cars generation (especially on niche models), and the civic coupe was much more of an economy car than a performance model like the Integra could be. If I were to venture a guess, if they offered both a 5 and 3 door model of Integra, the "coupe" would probably net close to 20% of sales just from enthusiasts alone.

Remaining hopeful, but also won't be surprised if it doesn't happen. The Integra is shaping up to be a really good looking car regardless of its door count.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
This is the first time I’ve been truly excited for a car in a long time. I’d never buy a CTR for the asking price, but throw that engine in an Acura with SHAWD and the best seats in the industry? Sold.
Struggle bus is real trying to wait for more info.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
I can see this. Among all my friends and colleagues, there is only one other guy who drives a coupe (BMW 4-series).

I am a coupe guy myself and now that there is no more Civic coupe, I was hoping for an Integra coupe. If there is no Integra coupe, there is no reason for me to change. My 2018 SI has only 37K miles and it has been great so far.

OP
OP
Integra

Integra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
The problem is the market isn't for people that ONLY have themselves and rarely travel with others.

That said I'm really happy with the TLX's design (They really should just rebrand it to Legend) so I have hopes for the Integra.

Honda needs a car that's NOT a halo car. More like a "halo for the masses". Which is a more affordable tech from the NSX being slowly ported down to the rest of the product line. Something like maybe Prelude or Legend. Prelude the performance aspects, Legend the luxury/self-driving aspects.

Last edited:

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
The problem is the market isn't for people that ONLY have themselves and rarely travel with others.

That said I'm really happy with the TLX's design so I have hopes for the Integra.
TLX design wise even when it leaked I knew it was going to look gorgeous. Those hips in person are something else. When I did a review of the Type S it looked really really good in Tiger Eye Pearl especially in that area. The color had a dept to it that would make the color transition to a dark hue gold which looked great.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That's one aspect I'm hoping they do right for the Integra is the stance... even if they use the CTR as a base map... rather than having the exact same dimensions as the regular civic hatch, make the Integra wider by a couple inches, chop a few inches off the rear (or move the cabin rearward more and elongate the nose a bit more) and lower the roofline an inch or two to give it that super low and wide stance that the TLX benefits from. The much smaller hatch opening (as well as the higher load height) shows that this car will be more form over function than the civic hatch is, I just hope they go all in on the shape and stance even if it means sacrificing some of the practicality of the car (less rear seat space, less cargo space, etc)

OP
OP
Integra

Integra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
TLX design wise even when it leaked I knew it was going to look gorgeous. Those hips in person are something else. When I did a review of the Type S it looked really really good in Tiger Eye Pearl especially in that area. The color had a dept to it that would make the color transition to a dark hue gold which looked great.
My biggest disappointment is the engine. At this point the market is FLOODED with 350-400HP 3.0TT engines in AWD sedans. And some of the competitors also handle better. To me the car is about 5yrs late drivetrain wise. I kind of expected them to have put it more in the 375-400HP range to stay competitive.

Taurus SHO
Fusion Sport
Audi S4/5
Kia Stinger GT
(cant remember BMW/MB cars as I don't pay attention to them)
Infiniti Q50 Silver Sport
Infiniti Q50 Red Sport
Lincoln MKZ
Genesis G80

Some of these cars are old enough to have done a full run and then been killed off already. The Taurus for example was 11-12yrs ago.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
7C261D32-9B61-402C-8F5C-D6C0BD575B08.png
23FC0CBC-F595-44BC-9430-6795C78A286A.png

Someone did a render based on the TLX Type S for an Integra Type S.
My only notes on this are that we already know the rear reflectors are going to be different based on the spy shot we have seen. And I suspect the lower front grille opening/fog light areas will be smaller/toned down a bit compared to the TLX. But overall, I wouldn't be upset if it looked like this and it's probably the most accurate representation so far.