**The Official FK8 Aftermarket Turbo Solutions and Technical Discussion Thread**

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
how does it compare in terms of
-Pricing

-Reliability

-Power numbers (see reply that it will be poster in blog shortly)

-Quick spool versus slower spool

What is max output you can get out of the turbo (rated hp)

- How many units will be released on the initial batch for sale?

will it come with a basemap load to be able to slap on and load a base tune?
Price under 2k, OEM like reliability, spool is slower then stock but penalty is not bad for the size.

the power numbers as you saw will be in the blog and listing once its up. Early next month is the plan as of this post.

first batch is limited but we don't share that data to the public.

No basemap at this time.
Sponsored

Boomstick1832

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2015 Honda Civic
Country flag
Just a word of warning to anyone looking at some G26-660 kits that are offered. I have one being installed by a very reputable shop....and there are so many Quality Control issues that I have had to pay to fix. I'm not naming them yet but I'm trying to let them do the right thing and help me sort it out.
Things I had to fix :
- Couplers were the wrong diameter
- V band with misaligned threads.
- BOV that was supposed to be snug bolt on had loose fitment
- Downpipe was supposed mate to mid pipe no problem, doesn't fit and hits intermediate shaft.
( Have to get it towed to a fab shop to get that fixed next )
- Chargepipe was supposed to fit oem and aftermarket intercoolers with provided adapters, neither one fit. ( Had to buy a new intercooler kit and use that charge pipe.

So far I have had to fork over an additional $1800 bucks to fix quality issues from a "custom" kit that was well over 6k.

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Following up if anyone has KURO turbo numbers and feedback.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Putting in work on this MHIs
All the cars making same power, a few more peak power due temperature or a specific condition , but on the street the gray and white car raced and they where side by side across the whole race.

OP
OP
AlphaDigital

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
All the cars making same power, a few more peak power due temperature or a specific condition , but on the street the gray and white car raced and they where side by side across the whole race.
Whats your thoughts on the MHI since youve tuned a lot of them it seems. How do you feel about it compared to the other stock frame turbos?

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Whats your thoughts on the MHI since youve tuned a lot of them it seems. How do you feel about it compared to the other stock frame turbos?
I can say the MHI stage 2 is at the moment the most reliable turbo. This information is based on many people I had tuned, also I personally had the MHI on my R, and i ran a lot of testing. Mostly testing are from street racing, 1/4 mile, tons of dragy . Mostly races are from 2 gear to 5th gear others up to 6th gear non lift shifting mostly car pushing 500 whp , when others drop in fails after abusing constantly the MHI stills pushing non stop. Also the response is almost the same as stock. I wanted to get the 27 Won in my hands to run some testing and see how far we can push it .

OP
OP
AlphaDigital

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Saw some cool news. RV6 is teasing their R660 Red TD05 turbo upgrade for the Fk8 platform. So far not a ton of details outside of making 500whp at 26lbs of boost on E30!

QuasarMotors

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quasarracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CTR
Country flag
Sad news. My RS550 went as in the ball bearings are destroyed. Was on the straight shifting to 5th, once in 5th put the throttle down and nothing. Then could hear a dreaded whine from the engine bay and building 0 boost.
Just so happens that RV6 is announcing their new R660 so maybe it is a sign? Just bummed that I had a competition tomorrow that I can no longer go to. I am hoping Rampage will rebuild this unit and I will keep it as a spare.

OP
OP
AlphaDigital

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Any links to yhe promo or eta?
all ive got at the moment

Looks like John Pierro tuned it, I cant remember his username on this forum though. Wonder if he could share his thoughts.

Honda Civic 10th gen **The Official FK8 Aftermarket Turbo Solutions and Technical Discussion Thread** 1664466245294
Sponsored