The Official ACUITY Instruments CivicX product launch thread!

mautsukuda

Mau Tsukuda Photography
First Name
Mau
Reaction score
Website
www.mautsukudaphotography.com
Car(s)
2018 Sport Hatch 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They're approximately 135g with the collar.

Can't divulge much, but we have some really solid cable upgrades in the works. The OEM ones are good, but they just don't last forever. It's been that way on all cable-shifted Hondas/Acuras since the early 2000's. Hoping to have a more durable option for the Civic X community in the not so distant future. :)

~Russ

Any updates on that shifter cable upgrade? I really wanna upgrade the OEM one so I can set my Stage 3 shifter to the shortest setting, without worrying about damaging or stretching the OEM cable.

OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Russell
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Any updates on that shifter cable upgrade? I really wanna upgrade the OEM one so I can set my Stage 3 shifter to the shortest setting, without worrying about damaging or stretching the OEM cable.
Unfortunately, we're unable to give timelines for future product releases. The good news is that you are totally fine to run your OEM cables at the shortest throw setting with our shifter. The angular range the shift cables are used in on our shifters is very modest (and subsequently safe for the cables). People think that their effort on the shifter totally translates to the effort on the shift cables, but you must remember that as you shorten throw, you actually have less leverage over the shift cable (hence the shorter throw as well). As long as you are not punishing the shifter with absolutely brutal shifts, your cables are going to be just fine. That said, absolute shortest throw can sometimes mean more shift effort than some people can coordinate well, leading to less consistent shifts, so you should really find the sweet spot for throw and height adjustment that lets you be super consistent. That's the real goal of a precision shifter, right? Quick, precise shifts. So there's definitely a balance you should strike when adjusting it. :)

~Russ

OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Russell
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Si
Country flag

Advertisement