unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R, 2023 Indian Sport Chief
Country flag
Auto high beams would drive me nuts as well. My first car with auto headlights was my 2016 Golf R, been a fan since.
Sponsored

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Think the little bump in the center of the dash is the sunlight sensor, just cover that up with something opaque and the headlights will stay on all the time. Although you could use the switch to set them to "ON:.

GotCTR?

Banned
Banned
First Name
JOHN BOY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2020
Country flag
To be clear, it has nothing to do with speed, it's just that I primarily notice the issue on residential roads, where by the nature of the road, I am driving at 50Km/h or slower speeds in general. If I had the ability to set a speed threshold for the auto high-beams, it would mean that they would likely only turn on when I'm on a highway or back road where I find they work mostly as intended. I see now how my OP may have been confusing.
Must be Canada , i have no issues in the USA on roads

GotCTR?

Banned
Banned
First Name
JOHN BOY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2020
Country flag
2020 owners? I'll show myself out. :nixon:
Whats funny 2017-2019 owners like yourself come on these threads acting like they drove a 2020 , CTR. Not saying you did or anything but its funny how they compare both model years

CanadaCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R (CW)
Country flag
Must be Canada , i have no issues in the USA on roads
I don't think it has anything to do with the geographic location, it's just how the headlights are programmed. I had the same problem on my Touring Hatchback with auto high beams.

GotCTR?

Banned
Banned
First Name
JOHN BOY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2020
Country flag
I don't think it has anything to do with the geographic location, it's just how the headlights are programmed. I had the same problem on my Touring Hatchback with auto high beams.
people driving 100k tesla complain about auto high beams,

They work good for me when I drive fast or slow, i have nothing to complain about.. They work and stay o n when no cars are on the road. it even detects people on the other side of the highway late at night almost a mile ahead of me. Even driving fast on backroads gave me no issues. Actually made me want to drive faster.

atom3624

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Prestige
Country flag
For me, the auto-high beam is easily avoided.

Parking sensors on the 10G, I assume are similar on the FK8? THEY can be annoying, particularly in the rain - kicking off for no apparent reason.

Another I find annoying is the wheel vibration when swapping lanes without indicating - I will always do so when there's somebody to indicate to, but often there's nobody else there, so why indicate to nobody?

THE function of the 10G I'm assuming is standard fit on the FK8 as it is in my Prestige which I find most annoying is the Collision Mitigation Braking System - this slams on if it detects a vehicle in front ... makes sense?
Sometimes, in fact OFTEN not!!

Imagine driving on a straight urban road which will swing to the right in front, but not straight away, but which also has vehicles parked on the side.

The electronics may be 'intelligent' but they don't have the Vulcan Mind Meld function yet, so invariably, before you NEED to steer slightly right to follow the road, the car can sense the cars parked ... and SLAM ON!!

This has happened several times to me, and fortunately, every time, NOBODY was 'tailgating' behind. Had they had been, my car would have been substantially shorter than it is!!

Al.

CanadaCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Another I find annoying is the wheel vibration when swapping lanes without indicating - I will always do so when there's somebody to indicate to, but often there's nobody else there, so why indicate to nobody?

Al.
I am pretty sure that is just your lane departure system working, so if you don't signal but cross the line, it will get upset as it doesn't know your move was intentional. You can disable it entirely with the button below and next to the steering wheel and then you shouldn't have that issue anymore. The car doesn't know if someone is beside it or not as it has no actual blind spot monitoring aside from the lanewatch camera.

CanadaCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's very true.
Still annoying just the same!!

Al.
Indeed! I just turned mine off as I am like you, I don't always bother signaling if there is nobody around or to take an exit.

I wish we got park distance sensors though, North America doesn't get those and Canada specifically does not get tire pressure monitoring.

atom3624

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Prestige
Country flag
Parking sensors .... erm, OK ....

I use them a lot, and agreed, they're very useful, but ... literally as mentioned, and similar to the lane departure warnings, I'll often have to 'disable' them, particularly if the roads have a lot of spray / are wet.

Forgot that with my 1st 10g - just changed for another - when with a mate going to the pub, and gently (fortunately) backed into a square tube railing waiting for the sensors to indicate when I was close - which left a small indent in the rear bumper!!

Al.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
Auto headlights...I turn them on when it starts getting dark and turn them off when parking or when there is more natural light. Never used auto in any of my cars. Waste of technology! We are becoming lazy as a society aren't we?

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
I feel like a lot of people in this thread just plain don't understand how to use the light stalk.

Beansley

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
auto on/off headlights i’m cool with.

auto highbeams not so much. was on a roadtrip recently and was behind some idiot with no trailer lights on. the auto highbeams kept tripping out so i just disengaged them.

So yeah this totally happened to me over the weekend, I sometimes think this feature is trying to get me killed..

I pulled up behind an old chevy truck that was darker colored and had pretty dim taillights, my car thought "oh time to go ahead and be blinding!" so I panic shut them off by just blinking them again, now I look like a dick. I backed off quite a bit to make sure it didn't look like I was trying toytailgate but the dude wasn't having it, he came to like a 15-20 mph crawl in a 35 mph zone and then almost a stop before turning right onto some street. I think he expected me to try and go around him but I didn't want to get shot and he just skrt skrt'd off all angry (as fast as the old truck could go). Thanks Honda... I guess I'll be turning the autos off if I know I'm going to be around other cars.

atom3624

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Prestige
Country flag
You cannot turn the lights off on UK ones - they illuminate automatically.
Best you can do is switch to sidelamps.

Once on, they're on until the car decides it's light enough to switch them off.

I've just confirmed now, you can switch to sidelamps which extinguishes the main headlamps, that's it - sides remain on.

Al.
Sponsored