The most annoying thing about the 2020 type R

gaara46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 4runner
Country flag
So yeah this totally happened to me over the weekend, I sometimes think this feature is trying to get me killed..

I pulled up behind an old chevy truck that was darker colored and had pretty dim taillights, my car thought "oh time to go ahead and be blinding!" so I panic shut them off by just blinking them again, now I look like a dick. I backed off quite a bit to make sure it didn't look like I was trying toytailgate but the dude wasn't having it, he came to like a 15-20 mph crawl in a 35 mph zone and then almost a stop before turning right onto some street. I think he expected me to try and go around him but I didn't want to get shot and he just skrt skrt'd off all angry (as fast as the old truck could go). Thanks Honda... I guess I'll be turning the autos off if I know I'm going to be around other cars.
exactly how i felt
Sponsored

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yeah, i feel i’m going to be enjoying my 2017 Si for a long while. Too much crap in newer ones I don’t like and just more expensive junk that’ll break.

That’s how you know youre getting old. I no longer want the newest things anymore, just want the feature I like.
Yeah, this felliw senior loved his '17 SI. And prefer my '18 CTR over the newer versions with nannies mist enthusiasts don't want or need. Ok, maybe rear cross traffic warning might help backing out, that's about it. The right lane camera on the SI was useful, miss that. And certainly glad to have a backup camera. But lane watch? Auto braking? Etc. No thank you.

RickW

First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 civic ex 2020 civic sport
Country flag
Lol they defs annoy me sometimes. I find in dusk just shut them off they are horrible. Really has to be full dark for them to not freak out.
My 2021 ILX was like that. My 21 Type R auto lights work well however.
Sponsored