The most annoying thing about the 2020 type R

GurinderM

First Name
Gurinder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Has to be the automatic headlights feature. they turn on themselves randomly during the day and I'm unable to turn them off.

Anyone know a fix for this?
Sponsored

Beansley

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Has to be the automatic headlights feature. they turn on themselves randomly during the day and I'm unable to turn them off.

Anyone know a fix for this?
Hold the stalk towards you for 30 sec while parked, you should see the indicator for autoheadlights blink. OR, just use manual turn your lights on and off on your own..

Masmackles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Lol they defs annoy me sometimes. I find in dusk just shut them off they are horrible. Really has to be full dark for them to not freak out.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The older Type R's have auto headlights also. I like it, I never forget to turn my lights on lol.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Never noticed this. Going to have to watch out for it.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I've never really had an issue with the automatic headlights. The only times they've been flakey on me is going into a short tunnel when they'll turn on then turn off :p

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
I really like the auto high beam. So far it's activated automatically for me in exactly the situations I would normally turn them on myself. No issues with the auto lights themselves either. Sometimes they turn on in underpasses or tunnels, but every car I've owned with auto lights does that. I think there is a setting for the sensitivity of the lights in a menu under vehicle settings if you aren't happy with it as is.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't have an R, but I will say the auto headlights are SUPER annoying and I never use them. Oh, and those damn auto wipers are even worse......

OP
OP

GurinderM

First Name
Gurinder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Hold the stalk towards you for 30 sec while parked, you should see the indicator for autoheadlights blink. OR, just use manual turn your lights on and off on your own..
I really like the auto high beam. So far it's activated automatically for me in exactly the situations I would normally turn them on myself. No issues with the auto lights themselves either. Sometimes they turn on in underpasses or tunnels, but every car I've owned with auto lights does that. I think there is a setting for the sensitivity of the lights in a menu under vehicle settings if you aren't happy with it as is.

hey! thanks for that, gonna check for the setting as soon as I get off work

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, Championship White
Country flag
If we're talking about the lights automatically coming on or turning off due to the light level, my only complaint is that I want them on all the time, and not just running lights. My last several cars (all German) kept the low beams on all the time, which helps other people see you regardless of the time of day or the weather. My beef with the Honda is that sometimes the lights turn off, which seems weird. The auto highbeam feature seems to work well enough, though it's entirely unnecessary.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
If we're talking about the lights automatically coming on or turning off due to the light level, my only complaint is that I want them on all the time, and not just running lights. My last several cars (all German) kept the low beams on all the time, which helps other people see you regardless of the time of day or the weather. My beef with the Honda is that sometimes the lights turn off, which seems weird. The auto highbeam feature seems to work well enough, though it's entirely unnecessary.
My DRLs are always running when I have it in automatic. If the DRLs aren’t running, then the nighttime lights are on. The tail lights is a different story though, those will only go on during the day if I have the wipers going.

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
To older CTR owners:
2020 headlights default to auto now. If you move the stalk to off it bounces back to auto - the only time they actually turn off is if you move the stalk to off when the parking break is on.

- at least in Canada

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
yeah, i feel i’m going to be enjoying my 2017 Si for a long while. Too much crap in newer ones I don’t like and just more expensive junk that’ll break.

That’s how you know youre getting old. I no longer want the newest things anymore, just want the feature I like.

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
yeah, i feel i’m going to be enjoying my 2017 Si for a long awhile. Too much crap in newer ones I don’t like and just more expensive junk that’ll break.
It's just a stalk and probably few lines of code......