The Lowered Thread

CombsCivicHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I figured I would start this to help have a reference for people asking questions about how different springs/coilovers sit.

So if you would

State the following

Model: Sedan/Coupe/Hatback
Suspension: ex. Eibach pro kit/Sportline, BC Coilover, Bags

Any modifications needed?: ex. Trim bump stops, camber kit

And a picture showing how the car sits.
Sponsored

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
Honda Civic 10th gen The Lowered Thread 20170402_123040

2016 EX
Ksport coilovers
Only mods done were to stiffen the shocks to allow for passenger weight without risking bottoming out.
Considering a rear camber kit. -3.8 in the Left Rear and -2.8 in the Right Rear. Alignment setup is off a 2015 Si since the shop did not have the numbers for this setup yet.

Beenawhile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lowered the car today. Eibach Sportlines. SPC rear camber arms. Fkx Racing 20mm bolt-on spacers. And I finally threw on the smoked side markers :)

My installer was super impressed with how flush the drop looked with stock rims, spacers and springs. It all works perfectly. Thanks to Jonnys_honda for planting the idea. I've got a little bit of rub on my front passenger well (near the marker), but nothing too bad. We'll see how they behave once I've got everything aligned and the springs have had a few days to settle.

And yes - My car is literally COVERED in pollen.

Honda Civic 10th gen The Lowered Thread IMG_1584 Honda Civic 10th gen The Lowered Thread IMG_1585 Honda Civic 10th gen The Lowered Thread IMG_1587 Honda Civic 10th gen The Lowered Thread IMG_1588 Honda Civic 10th gen The Lowered Thread IMG_1589 Honda Civic 10th gen The Lowered Thread IMG_1590 Honda Civic 10th gen The Lowered Thread IMG_1591

He trimmed the bumper stops per Eibach's included instructions - 17mm in the front, 20mm in the back. I saw 22mm mentioned somewhere on this forum but decided to go with Eibach's recommendation. 2017 HB ST.

Last edited:

slothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
@Beenawhile, did you get the spacers solely for aesthetics? Or do they help in some way with the lowered stance? Also, link?

Beenawhile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Beenawhile, did you get the spacers solely for aesthetics? Or do they help in some way with the lowered stance? Also, link?
The spacers are solely for aesthetics. If anything - and this is based on nothing more than what I've read - they're probably not good for the car in the long run. BUT, I think they should be fine on a DD. Link below - I think I paid $130 for four shipped.

http://www.fkxracing.com/FKX-RACING-HUB-CENTRIC-SPACERS-20MM-06-15-HONDA-CIVIC-818003.htm

All this being said, Slothy, if you're thinking about dropping your car on coils or dropping it any lower than me then I wouldn't recommend anything more than 15mm without rolling your fenders. I'm getting the smallest bit of rubbing so any lower and it would be much worse.

ediblebirch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK7 ST
Country flag
Is there any long term affects on using spacers? Wheel bearings, etc?

omigulay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport hatchback
How's the ride on eibach lowering springs compared to coilovers and stock? I'm contemplating on eibach springs, however don't really want my stock shocks to blow after some time...

BLK Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 1960 Classic Mini w/B16B
How's the ride on eibach lowering springs compared to coilovers and stock? I'm contemplating on eibach springs, however don't really want my stock shocks to blow after some time...
I dont see how your shock can blow out unless your bumpstop failed completely or you did not install them back on. If you want to avoid a shock/strut failure from an engineering stand point. removed your strut or shock and check the total travel, then find out the max compression on the bump stop. The bump stop is there so you dont bottom out, although having a bump stop too tall on a lower spring will limit the spring compression travel.

Hope that helps.

TxSi

H Badge Faithful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex HB FK7
Is there any long term affects on using spacers? Wheel bearings, etc?
There can be yes. Most likely is wheel bearings. But it really depends in a variety of things. Different cars are different with spacers. Your driving style can affect everything too. Just really depends. May get a issue in a year or never! Hard to say. But they can induce extra stress on wheel bearings for sure! I rode on some on my ek hatch for a year with no probs, but my friend rode on some in his ek hatch for 2mths and had bad wheel bearings occur so...at your own discretion!

OP
OP
CombsCivicHatch

CombsCivicHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
@CombsCivicHatch - Your ride looks great!! :cool: I can't wait to get a set on my 2017 Sport Hatch!

Any rubbing during aggressive turning or rubbing at all?

What else do you notice?

Thanks!

Thanks. A few weeks ago I had family from out of town over and I drove them all around for a week so I was pretty much full load with everyone in it. I just have to be careful to miss pretty large pot holes. Other than that it handles great and I haven't had any rubbing issues. I drove up to Cincy today and was able to have someone take a decent rolling shot of it.

Honda Civic 10th gen The Lowered Thread 8813