The Little 1.5T That Could -- VitTuned Si taking a beating on the dyno

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the advice, I'll keep looking around. I know everyone would love to see CVT numbers with a custom tune.
screw it, take a vacation, drive to Washington and visit Vits dyno. I have half a mind to do this myself.
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

05NBPDC5

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RDX A-Spec SH-AWD
Country flag
I can't wait to see what something like a 28R does on this 1.5T. I estimate there will be stock housing upgrades before we see that though.

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
You guys think running +9psi but tune it to where full boost is at the +4000rpm range would make it so the cvt or oem clutch can handle the extra torque without slipping?

GTAHatch

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic 1.5T Sport Hatch MT
Vehicle Showcase
Yea but look how much money you will have to drop for the downpipe + ktuner + clutch. After all in, you spent about as much as the cost of a base WRX most likely including the price for the civic.
Negative. I have full custom exhaust plus Ktuner and Vit tune package and getting a custom clutch in the next couple weeks and I still won’t hit that price tag.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
I guess I just stick to day dreaming of Honda making a civic that will come with a 10 speed DCT :drool:

nah no DCT their new 10 speed reg transmission tuned perfectly is a heck yea! With a 200 plus hp car

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Oh and Honda did listen to us about making a powerful 2.0 t with an 10 sp automatic and 6 sp manual transmission.

It will come with a premium and title change but it will come with even more Honda quality it will be the 2018 Honda Accord! Revealed July 14 will be the Sedan! Come on we are Civic X but we can talk about the awesomeness that they will put into the New AccordX

OP
OP

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
You guys think running +9psi but tune it to where full boost is at the +4000rpm range would make it so the cvt or oem clutch can handle the extra torque without slipping?
The CVT doesn't live in that area when you're actually hauling. I actually setup all the CVT cars with a tailored boost by gear mapping to prevent tire spin in 1st & 2nd (typically we can go all in in 2nd), but you're pretty much above 5000 rpm once you've taken off.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
"Oh the 1.5 just isnt the right choice for the Si, Honda really screwed up." Said all sorts of people. LMAO

And now the needle swings back toward the Si for me. :D

Honda Civic 10th gen The Little 1.5T That Could -- VitTuned Si taking a beating on the dyno IMG_9283.GIF

methan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan - MSM
Country flag
CVT 93 Octane Tune (from Vit) > Stock or Tuned Si with shitty clutch...

I already ate an Si for breakfast the other morning :headbang::thumbsup:
Is the GTI part of the VW employee lease program?? Then you could have 2 fun cars to choose from on a daily basis!

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
The CVT doesn't live in that area when you're actually hauling. I actually setup all the CVT cars with a tailored boost by gear mapping to prevent tire spin in 1st & 2nd (typically we can go all in in 2nd), but you're pretty much above 5000 rpm once you've taken off.
Is that wheel slippage with better, slightly wider tires? And I assume It's still slipping the belt with the custom tune? Sorry if this has been mentioned already. I just really like the cvt and wondering what can all be done to get the most out of it and still be reliable.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is that wheel slippage with better, slightly wider tires? And I assume It's still slipping the belt with the custom tune? Sorry if this has been mentioned already. I just really like the cvt and wondering what can all be done to get the most out of it and still be reliable.
Not sure what he sees in my logs but Im on 19x8 with 235 35 19 nitto motivo tires and he has tuned the wheel spin right out of it so far. I hammer the throttle the boost comes on but where it used to slip and the VSA would kick in around 30-35 mph it keeps pulling and building boost. Im not even done with my tune only on revision 5 or 6.

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
it's a case by case basis, if your experiencing wheel slip he adjusts, so better tires would help with your custom tune. no one has reported any slipping of the belt, and I would hope it doesn't, CVTs are hella expensive.

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure what he sees in my logs but Im on 19x8 with 235 35 19 nitto motivo tires and he has tuned the wheel spin right out of it so far. I hammer the throttle the boost comes on but where it used to slip and the VSA would kick in around 30-35 mph it keeps pulling and building boost. Im not even done with my tune only on revision 5 or 6.
beat me to it
Sponsored