aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
I'm really debating asking my dealer to find me a 2020 Si Coupe, since, supposedly, it'll be the last they make for a bit, but I have some questions and would love any opinions.

First, looking at the Ktuner website it looks like the same Tuner can be used for my current 2017 Si and the 2020, is that correct? Do I just unlock from my current car and tie it to the new one?

How much of the Honda Sense stuff can be turned off? Can you do a normal cruise control rather than ACC?

Can you turn engine noise through the stereo off?

Anyone driven with the stock LED Headlights vs. the stock ones on the 2017 and do you have an impression?

What are the chances that Honda gets rid of the coupe in Civic and Accord models to make some way for a new Prelude? I'd love a new Prelude with at least the Type R engine in it!

Any other opinions from those that have experienced both? I don't really expect the 2020 Coupe to be a collector car or anything and it'd still be my daily driver, but it'd be kind of neat to have one from the last of an era.
Sponsored

BrokenLimits

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
First, looking at the Ktuner website it looks like the same Tuner can be used for my current 2017 Si and the 2020, is that correct? Do I just unlock from my current car and tie it to the new one?
I think that is correct. They are largely similar with a transmission gear difference.

How much of the Honda Sense stuff can be turned off? Can you do a normal cruise control rather than ACC?
You can modify the adaptive cruise to make it more or less aggressive or turn it off.

You can turn off the Lane Keep Assist. The only thing it seems you really can't turn off is the auto braking. Not sure why you would want to. You might be able to turn it off in system settings like for a track day?

I saw someone post a YouTube video of how you can take the box out that does that.

Anyone driven with the stock LED Headlights vs. the stock ones on the 2017 and do you have an impression?
Seems to make a pretty big difference to me as far as what you CAN see within the light. The cutoffs are pretty much the same, but I compare it to like regular TV vs HD. It makes a difference as far as the clarity.

What are the chances that Honda gets rid of the coupe in Civic and Accord models to make some way for a new Prelude? I'd love a new Prelude with at least the Type R engine in it!
Killing off a marginal sales unit in favor of an even smaller niche market with marginal sales, very very unlikely.

Last edited:

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag

ACC can be made into normal cruise control. Don't know if that setting will stick the next time you startup the car.

Pretty sure ACC and LKAS settings stick across power cycles. I set ACC on and LKAS off and they come up the same way every time I power on my car.

Road Departure Mitigation can be turned off. Again not sure if the setting sticks across power cycles but you can configure it to only give visual and/or audible warnings in the head unit.

I don't know why the previous poster said auto braking can't be turned off. There's a CMBS Off button and according to the owner's manual, if you hold it for a few seconds, you'll hear a beep and the CMBS will be turned off. However, it will turn back on next time you power up the car. I always drive with it on and never had it hard brake on me yet. I've seen warning messages, but have not felt any auto braking, when I drove too aggressively.

You can't turn engine noise off in the head unit. But I actually don't mind, or maybe even enjoy, it.

Honda Civic 10th gen The Last Coupe... 1596669910121

Last edited:

BrokenLimits

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I just never tried. No reason to shut off the brake. Everyone gets distracted every once in a while.

Valenzx

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
Everything can be turned off. I leave the CMBS on I just lowered the radius at which it activates and it has also helped me a couple of times in traffic, it would beep if I glanced away for a second just to alert me without braking.
I actually like LKAS and it's not as aggressive or annoying as in some other cars, you can also turn off the beep.
ACC is awesome imo. I just took a 800 mile drive and it worked great especially when I reduced the distance at which it activated, there is also a picture of a car that appears in brackets on the dash when a car is in sight and you can chose to get over or ride it out.

I was curios today to see if the dealer I bought mine from had anymore and they have 3 2020 coupes in stock, no sedans at all.
Sponsored