Status
Not open for further replies.

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
when oil gets in gas isnt that typically caused by an injector issue?
Sponsored

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
when oil gets in gas isnt that typically caused by an injector issue?
I think you meant the opposite, when gas gets in oil. I believe it's caused by a PCV issue which is known to be DI and DI turbo engines.

Oil getting in the gas on the other hand.... run a BOV and you'll get oil in your gas..... details in my sig

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
yes meant opposite, how has Honda remedied it?

Deleted member

People have been driving the 1.5T for 2 years in the US at this point. I imagine if there was an issue it would have surfaced by now.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
As mentioned earlier it's highly dependent on the design and operating parameters. All evidence so far, aside from a vocal few in China, is that Honda got it right. In DI powertrains, a small amount of fuel/vapor is expected to seep past the rings during the first few minutes of cold operation. That condition is exacerbated in areas like China where the average winter temperature is around 14*.

IMHO, fuel dilution becomes a problem if we see an increase in wear metals. We're just not seeing that in the oil readouts so far. But we'll continue to monitor as this powertrain ages.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
yes meant opposite, how has Honda remedied it?
Honda USA is waiting for more people to exhibit an issue before they can consider a TSB or other corrective action. There are multiple people here using Blackstone labs oil analysis to actively monitor and track any potential issues

The question is 'what are owners doing about it?' . The answer is independent oil analysis and documenting OCI.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.