The inevitable happened…..ran over road junk…

Daddie4xTypeR

First Name
Clarence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna, Honda Accord Hybrid, Lexus CT200h, Toyota RAV4
Country flag
Crapola, blind curve going traffic speed and road debris/junk I could not drive around, but had to drive over….clankity-clank….cringe….

Got home and put on Ramp to inspect slight damage to 3 areas

1 -under engine cover
2-shroud around down pipe
3-drivers side cover, before rear wheel

Honda Civic 10th gen The inevitable happened…..ran over road junk… 1B631265-65A7-4E36-ADB6-D13F529ED90D

Honda Civic 10th gen The inevitable happened…..ran over road junk… 35705140-74C2-4464-9C0C-2A0EE597E3C5

Honda Civic 10th gen The inevitable happened…..ran over road junk… B151EFBC-19B7-4E25-AA8E-02DC012B8257

bansheeback

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I know how that is. A truck's tire tread fell off right in front of me on the highway and my car ate it. Everything turned out fine but it could've been much worse. Yours looks good considering the situation, so be happy about that at least.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Nice it did it's job! Great nothing serious - hate that though you freak out till you get it jacked up lol.

OP
OP
Daddie4xTypeR

Daddie4xTypeR

First Name
Clarence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I know how that is. A truck's tire tread fell off right in front of me on the highway and my car ate it. Everything turned out fine but it could've been much worse. Yours looks good considering the situation, so be happy about that at least.
I definitely am. ?‍?

OP
OP
Daddie4xTypeR

Daddie4xTypeR

First Name
Clarence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nice it did it's job! Great nothing serious - hate that though you freak out till you get it jacked up lol.
I definitely am. ?‍?
Not in my Type R, but in my minivan with my family returning home from LA on I-5 and this old Ford Explorer’s in front of me had his drive shaft falls out of his vehicle and bounce in front of me and went totally to the left-of me missing my van at 70mph. I shouted “duck” to everyone but everyone thought I was nuts until they saw that drive shaft going end-over-end by us. The SUV managed to pull to the shoulder on pure momentum.

wildtaco

First Name
West
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
dam ate a tire on the highway any damages?
I ate a carpet mat that fell from a pickup truck, busted my driver side fog light and popped the bumper out.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Not in my Type R, but in my minivan with my family returning home from LA on I-5 and this old Ford Explorer’s in front of me had his drive shaft falls out of his vehicle and bounce in front of me and went totally to the left-of me missing my van at 70mph. I shouted “duck” to everyone but everyone thought I was nuts until they saw that drive shaft going end-over-end by us. The SUV managed to pull to the shoulder on pure momentum.
I’ve heard stories of driveshafts going through windshields and cars like butter, killing or dismembering people. You’re very lucky.

A truck driver told me he saw a truck tire kick up a heavy chain that went through the windshield of another truck and decapitating the passenger.

You wanna hear some shit, talk to any truck driver that has driven a couple million miles.

Last edited:

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
The down pipe shroud is the only thing I would worry about. Not sure how to evaluate it though. Hopefully someone else can comment.

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I passed over some random detached muffler on the highway the second week I had the CTR. Luckily, it was just a tiny one and heard just a grazing noise underneath the car, no obvious cosmetic damage.

When I had the S2000, my driver side tires ran over a metal strip (probably from a truck fender lining/trim), took out my sidemarker and made a dent in the fender. If I had the top down with my arm hanging down the door, that thing might have taken out my hand.

bansheeback

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
dam ate a tire on the highway any damages?
I ate a carpet mat that fell from a pickup truck, busted my driver side fog light and popped the bumper out.
It destroyed my entire driver foglight assembly, but other than that there wasn't anything.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Glad to see all you get lucky, even though mine here was lowkey bad i was still super lucky.

Went 50-60 mph on the george washington bridge over a fat ass metal clamp, it barely cleared my lip which is surprising since I'm very low but it obliterated my resonator on my CTR exhaust. Literally driving and I see it up ahead but there's no room to swerve hard, so I end up eating it and hearing the loudest boom ever. Luckily my front bumper didn't get obliterated and literally everything was fine, just a free res delete LMAO

Honda Civic 10th gen The inevitable happened…..ran over road junk… 1632833335383

Honda Civic 10th gen The inevitable happened…..ran over road junk… 1632833347322

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Get one of these, there is a 1pc front abd skid plate online as well

Honda Civic 10th gen The inevitable happened…..ran over road junk… 20210731_110908

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
HOLY SHIT!!! Man unsecured loads piss me off - you go sooooo lucky!!!

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
HOLY SHIT!!! Man unsecured loads piss me off - you go sooooo lucky!!!
no kidding i got absolutely blessed man

unfortunately on the GWB it's so damn common with the amount of 18 wheelers that come through combined with the shitty pavement, bumps for days so if you don't secure it properly chances are it's flying off. Seen so much debris on the bridge in my 7 years of driving on it

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Man your skidplate and engine cover are MVP - that took such a shot to do that - I bet you can still hear and feel that sound just sitting there lol. Did the car kick up at all or just a big bang?
Sponsored