Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
As beastie boys used to say... No sleep till Brooklyn.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Doc_Mello

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No problem!

Thank you for the response. I got the GC+ in and the new PRL TIP and got her new tune flashed. I let it idle for thirty minutes then drove it under 4k rpms for 50 miles around the hood. Got back to around my house and opened her up and holy shit this turbo sounds amaze balls. She was ripping second, third fourth, wow.

No leaks everything is sealed up good. I noticed when we took off my DP the guy who put my exhaust on had the bolts loose. All the bolts came right out everywhere, no issues. I obviously tightened things up better than he did. That banjo gasket worked out good too. I was just really careful and opened it back up how they folded it / crushed it.

Radiator fluid all over my entire body LMFAO. I grinded down my turbo bracket. Thank you for pointing that out because I had my brother go get his grinder based off of your work on yours and sure as shit, I had to grind it down and out.

The one gripe I have is no one mentioned the stud from the old turbo and whether or not to take it out and reuse it for the TIP. We did not reuse that stud, we just used all bolts. We lost two heat shield bolts and I had to dig through all of my spare bolts to find replacements lol. Thirty years of collecting bolts paid off finally.

Thank you everyone who put up with me stressing out the last three weeks! I'm going to go collect my logs for drob tomorrow and hopefully get more sleep because I've had none lol.
Awesome! Yep, those sounds like usual mod issues. 😅

Keep an eye on engine metrics, oil and coolant levels, over the next 2 weeks, but it sounds like you’re GtG. I checked my oil level, and inspected for leaks every couples of days for the first two weeks, normal driving (no babying, no taching it out). After that, she was solid, and she still rips! Love it.

Neosky

First Name
Almer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
No problem!

Thank you for the response. I got the GC+ in and the new PRL TIP and got her new tune flashed. I let it idle for thirty minutes then drove it under 4k rpms for 50 miles around the hood. Got back to around my house and opened her up and holy shit this turbo sounds amaze balls. She was ripping second, third fourth, wow.

No leaks everything is sealed up good. I noticed when we took off my DP the guy who put my exhaust on had the bolts loose. All the bolts came right out everywhere, no issues. I obviously tightened things up better than he did. That banjo gasket worked out good too. I was just really careful and opened it back up how they folded it / crushed it.

Radiator fluid all over my entire body LMFAO. I grinded down my turbo bracket. Thank you for pointing that out because I had my brother go get his grinder based off of your work on yours and sure as shit, I had to grind it down and out.

The one gripe I have is no one mentioned the stud from the old turbo and whether or not to take it out and reuse it for the TIP. We did not reuse that stud, we just used all bolts. We lost two heat shield bolts and I had to dig through all of my spare bolts to find replacements lol. Thirty years of collecting bolts paid off finally.

Thank you everyone who put up with me stressing out the last three weeks! I'm going to go collect my logs for drob tomorrow and hopefully get more sleep because I've had none lol.
Noiice… I’m getting mine this Wednesday. I wonder how the breaking-in is like. Is it just 50Mi? Did Vargas gave installation guides and break-in instructions? Also wondering how long did u wait to order the gaskets. 😅 and should I change motor oil along with changing turbo or after breaking-in? Also wondering how many hours in total did it take you. 😂 Sorry if I have too much questions lol wondering if I can do everything this month without taking days off… 😂😂

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Noiice… I’m getting mine this Wednesday. I wonder how the breaking-in is like. Is it just 50Mi? Did Vargas gave installation guides and break-in instructions? Also wondering how long did u wait to order the gaskets. 😅 and should I change motor oil along with changing turbo or after breaking-in? Also wondering how many hours in total did it take you. 😂 Sorry if I have too much questions lol wondering if I can do everything this month without taking days off… 😂😂
Not sure there is a break in, but take it easy for a bit to make sure no leaks or issues. You want the correct oil in at start up, so either change before or at the same time.

I drained my oil first did the turbo install, then added the correct oil. If I recall

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag

They give you a card, see attached image. I saw someone said thirty minutes idle and or 50 miles driving below 4k rpm. I just did both. I'm changing my oil right now and my gear oil. I need to put all the dust shields back on too.

Order the gaskets now. They take forever to get, some of them. Took us about 9 hours without breaks but, I also replaced my TIP.

Honda Civic 10th gen ***The Hotness™️ Build Thread!*** PXL_20230604_164933419

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
They give you a card, see attached image. I saw someone said thirty minutes idle and or 50 miles driving below 4k rpm. I just did both. I'm changing my oil right now and my gear oil. I need to put all the dust shields back on too.

Order the gaskets now. They take forever to get, some of them. Took us about 9 hours without breaks but, I also replaced my TIP.

PXL_20230604_164933419.jpg
I'm pretty sure there was no card when I got mine lol. It was possible #2 GC released.

HoldTheRice

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Yeah just basically drive around like a grandma for 50 miles or so to make sure everything is working properly.
Not sure there is a break in, but take it easy for a bit to make sure no leaks or issues. You want the correct oil in at start up, so either change before or at the same time.

I drained my oil first did the turbo install, then added the correct oil. If I recall
This is what I did since you have to change the oil anyway.

Neosky

First Name
Almer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen ***The Hotness™️ Build Thread!*** IMG_1805

Thank you very much guys! ❤❤ But Seems like I’m out of luck for this lol

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
IMG_1805.png

Thank you very much guys! ❤❤ But Seems like I’m out of luck for this lol
Check local dealers some may have. I got lucky and one of the mechanics had one In their toolbox that was still in packaging.

Neosky

First Name
Almer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Damn the price difference though. 140+ total on the site but in my dealer, it’s 260+ 😂😂

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag
Damn the price difference though. 140+ total on the site but in my dealer, it’s 260+ 😂😂

Order them online what you can and get the others locally that's what I did. You can even ask the parts person to search for local dealerships that have the part they need to order to see if you can just go pick it up. I was able to pick up two parts locally one at one dealership and another at a different location an hour and a half away, all others I ordered online.

Neosky

First Name
Almer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen ***The Hotness™️ Build Thread!*** IMG_1862

Was very quick… But wondering if that blade from picture attached below is alright… Dunno if that’s just a piece of paper or corrosion? Idk if it’s okay to open the plastic rn or not, upon seeing that thing. 😅 What do you guys think? Just dunno how to deal with this… 😅
Honda Civic 10th gen ***The Hotness™️ Build Thread!*** IMG_1865

Last edited:
OP
OP
Doc_Mello

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
IMG_1862.jpeg

Was very quick… But wondering if that blade from picture attached below is alright… Dunno if that’s just a piece of paper or corrosion? Idk if it’s okay to open the plastic rn or not, upon seeing that thing. 😅 What do you guys think? Just dunno how to deal with this… 😅
IMG_1865.jpeg
Hmm. I’d keep it sealed, and send that pic to Vargas asking for their advice.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
IMG_1862.jpeg

IMG_1865.jpeg
The paint mark? That might have something to do with balancing or QC.