The future of high performance all-seasons is coming soon...

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
The future of high performance all-seasons is now listed on TireRack.com

I just bought Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires last summer after getting sick of the quick performance degredation of the OEM Goodyear Eagle Sport A/S on the Si. I noticed when I researched them the design is a few years old, last updated in 2016. I figured it was due for a new version soon, and when I saw the Corvette C8 launched with the debut of the new Pilot Sport All Season 4's, I knew they were coming.

The tread pattern looks like it has a lot more in common with the Pilot Sport 4S than the A/S 3+ did. Some 4S tread block design along with some new sipe designs seems like it may be a good performance bump over the A/S 3+.

I've been eyeballing a new set of lighter wheels for a while and now I know what tire I'd be pairing with them.

If anyone was going to buy high performance all-seasons soon, take a look at these. I'd love to hear from early adopters to see if they are truly next-level.

They claim the performance goal was >1.00G on the C8...
Sponsored

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
The future of high performance all-seasons is now listed on TireRack.com

I just bought Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires last summer after getting sick of the quick performance degredation of the OEM Goodyear Eagle Sport A/S on the Si. I noticed when I researched them the design is a few years old, last updated in 2016. I figured it was due for a new version soon, and when I saw the Corvette C8 launched with the debut of the new Pilot Sport All Season 4's, I knew they were coming.

The tread pattern looks like it has a lot more in common with the Pilot Sport 4S than the A/S 3+ did. Some 4S tread block design along with some new sipe designs seems like it may be a good performance bump over the A/S 3+.

I've been eyeballing a new set of lighter wheels for a while and now I know what tire I'd be pairing with them.

If anyone was going to buy high performance all-seasons soon, take a look at these. I'd love to hear from early adopters to see if they are truly next-level.

They claim the performance goal was >1.00G on the C8...
I will never go with Michelin's. Worst quality control from their end. I ended up loosing my money with those shitty tires

OP
OP
JT Si

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I will never go with Michelin's. Worst quality control from their end. I ended up loosing my money with those shitty tires
Bad experiences should definitely be shared. I didn't see you also had an issue with one of them after getting an entire new set. That stinks.

The unfortunate part is Michelin is pretty close to being the top brand for road tires with regards to longevity, performance, and worn/aged performance.

It stinks you've got to write the brand off entirely because of such a bad experience, but it's fortunate there are some other close competitors depending on what balance of performance you seek.

I'm just about done dealing with tire shops in general. I even found the highest rated tire shop in my area and they still far overtighten my lugs and complain when I bring it in every 3,000 miles for rotations (I am hard as hell on these tires, they need rotating). They tried to tell me rotating them too often cause the studs to stretch out and break. Well of f***** course it will if you overtighten my lugs every time like a g******** gorilla.

I am just fortunate they did a good job with the mounting and balancing.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Interesting, cheaper than the A/S 3+ and higher treadwear rating. Hopefully someone will do an instrumented test between the two. I'm sure I'll be more than happy with my current A/S 3+ for the next 40k miles though :thumbsup:

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
You will get slightly better grip with the A/S 3+. Just look at the UTQG of each. It’s marginal but these will flex a smidge more.

OP
OP
JT Si

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
You will get slightly better grip with the A/S 3+. Just look at the UTQG of each. It’s marginal but these will flex a smidge more.
You'd think that, but if they we're aiming for more grip with an all season on the C8 and they already had a tire that met the performance goal.... Why would why develop a new one that performs worse?

I think the only way to get real info is going to be reviews and/or subjective tests.

Maybe Tirerack will hit it with a new instrumented test/review soon.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
You'd think that, but if they we're aiming for more grip with an all season on the C8 and they already had a tire that met the performance goal.... Why would why develop a new one that performs worse?

I think the only way to get real info is going to be reviews and/or subjective tests.

Maybe Tirerack will hit it with a new instrumented test/review soon.
Surely anyone purchasing a C8 will upgrade with packages that include far better tires. The business aspect of it is to get a low cost tire to cut overall production cost; then, up sell the buyer.
Don’t get sold on the vehicle being equipped, be concerned about the UTQG (the lower the # the better the grip and lower mileage).
Sponsored

Last edited: