Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
This thread once contained tons of technical information, but it quickly got out of hand and was hard to read. It has since been moved to a wiki, where it is much more accessible for CivicX members and Type R owners in general and easier for me to maintain.

Visit the FK8 Wiki

You can find in-depth technical information, what to expect from mods, common issues and solutions, in depth tuning tips, and more at the FK8 Wiki.

If you’re looking for a tuner, visit FK8 Clinic or refer to the tuner list in the Tuning article.

Some common articles..

Sponsored

Last edited:

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
As amazing as this post is my mind is blown on how ridiculous it is to fully disable vsa in a car that was intended to be on track.

Thanks for all the time and effort you put into this post.

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
As amazing as this post is my mind is blown on how ridiculous it is to fully disable vsa in a car that was intended to be on track.

Thanks for all the time and effort you put into this post.
Thanks my guy.

There's three different disabled states. Short press, long press, and pedal dance.

I think the reason it takes so much to really REALLY disable it is because it's technically a maintenance mode, thus the blinky. VSA is off to the point that it isn't even making sure the sensor data is valid, which is what you want for the dyno, but probably not the track. It won't throw any safety related (hey dude somethings broke) VSA codes at all as far as I know. It also forces you into sport mode, which is an obvious sign to me that it wasn't meant for the track but rather maintenance and dynoing. The long press is for the track.

Interestingly enough, not doing the pedal dance before dynoing ends up with the parking brake not working. Probably because if the VSA speed sensors have thrown codes and can't be trusted, the car can't know if it can safely engage the parking brake pistons.

Don't use the pedal dance on the track unless you want the high-speed VSA cornering assist disabled too. That's the only thing I'm aware of that actually applies forces to the car (other than ABS) that isn't disabled by the long hold, probably because it doesn't get in the way like all the other features.

Last edited:

hafadaze

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R (#1106)
Country flag
Great post!

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Awesome Post, thank you for the info! Found some information here that I have been looking for!

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great post kefi. Thank you for this. Added to my bookmarks ;)

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
wow, can't tell you how much I did been looking for a one stop shop like this, you sir are a gent and I doth my cap
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.