BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
no body wants regrinds that loose power except over 6000 rpm. They claim gains in the whole map but they havent posted a graph and the one on the video has losses all through the range except in the top 1000 rpm.
Not to mention at their $1500 premium. A product is a product though and it needs to be on the list

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
don't know if add some base info about meth can help to

kit/nozzle/mix/stuff to spray

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
@kefi - I was having a look for the log analysis webapp, but I can't seem to find the link anywhere? Is it still active?

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
@kefi - I was having a look for the log analysis webapp, but I can't seem to find the link anywhere? Is it still active?
www.datalo.gs

I have yet to finish the actual analysis part but the charting and sharing is functional

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
www.datalo.gs

I have yet to finish the actual analysis part but the charting and sharing is functional
Thanks - Very handy resource :)

I've been playing around a bit with tunes and datalogs; Wondered if you'd mind taking a look at this and confirming my observations / Fathoming out what my next limiting factor is.

https://datalo.gs/Sp53iSA

This is using the 93oct, Intercooler basemap from Hondata.

This is a bit of a general drive / test, so covers a number of conditions - There's a proper pull ~8:25 - 8:40 which gives a look under load; Fuel pump duty is no more than 80%, No knock retard on any cylinders, ~190% Air charge, and only pulling ~23PSI Boost - Whilst I'm certainly not complaining if it is, almost seems like it's making the 480NM Torque targets too early if there is no other limiting factor? - I'm not entirely up on the ignition mapping / interpretation yet, so not sure if there is anything amiss there.

Another bit that seems a bit odd towards the start of the log is the knock retard on cyl 1 / 4 - Haven't quite figured out where that's coming from?

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Knock retard looks like your average run of the mill noise, do you have an exhaust? It's extremely sensitive and can be hard to tell sometimes but I've tuned so many of these I can tell you it's most likely just some noise being picked up. Overall looks like a normal, healthy pull for the basemaps. Don't pay much attention to PSI, air charge is what the ECU targets. Ignition looks appropriate too. Not sure what you mean by it's reaching 480nm too early.

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
Knock retard looks like your average run of the mill noise, do you have an exhaust? It's extremely sensitive and can be hard to tell sometimes but I've tuned so many of these I can tell you it's most likely just some noise being picked up. Overall looks like a normal, healthy pull for the basemaps. Don't pay much attention to PSI, air charge is what the ECU targets. Ignition looks appropriate too. Not sure what you mean by it's reaching 480nm too early.
No exhaust or downpipe changes; Do have an RMM Insert which could possibly contribute?

Just would've expected 480 to be a lofty target with just Intake / IC mods; Would've thought that would be making use of a bit more air charge / Fuel pump duty - Basemaps are more conservative than I was expecting perhaps? - Clearly I need to raise my expectations of the car! :)

I have had some previous oddity with underboost errors (Prior to getting the Hondata); Glad to see my leak testing & eliminating the leaks seems to have done the trick with the nice stable air charge etc. - Thanks for taking a look.

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
No exhaust or downpipe changes; Do have an RMM Insert which could possibly contribute?

Just would've expected 480 to be a lofty target with just Intake / IC mods; Would've thought that would be making use of a bit more air charge / Fuel pump duty - Basemaps are more conservative than I was expecting perhaps? - Clearly I need to raise my expectations of the car! :)

I have had some previous oddity with underboost errors (Prior to getting the Hondata); Glad to see my leak testing & eliminating the leaks seems to have done the trick with the nice stable air charge etc. - Thanks for taking a look.
Yeah, RMM would do it too.

480 isn't all that much, actually. The basemaps are extremely conservative - 330-350whp compared to 370-400whp you'd see on a custom tune with 93 octane. The turbo ratio limits also hold it back somewhat.

The air charge stability is a key indicator for these cars. If it's doing wild stuff, something's wrong and everything else will be affected, visibly or not. The overall goal is having airflow metering (aircharge), fueling (s.trim/l.trim/lambda), and ignition as smooth as possible. Ignition smoothness can be a pain, but as long as your airflow and fueling are on point you're doing okay.

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
Do we have any info / idea of the max-ish safe EGT with the standard catalyst?

Just wondering given I'm running the new cam overlap & EGT Air charge reduction mods on Hondata; Thinking it'd be nice to keep an eye on the EGTs to ensure things aren't getting _too_ warm.

What's the standard temperature for the EGT Air charge reduction to trigger? - Perhaps a sensible / safe compromise would be to enable EGT Air charge reduction and leave cam overlap enabled so there is at least a safety net - I'd rather have the additional spool (And a working catalyst :p ) than a touch of extra top end

(Just looking back at an older datalog with the basemap, prior to the cam etc, on track so a worst case scenario and I'm seeing sustained temps maxing out around 820c / 1500f)

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Do we have any info / idea of the max-ish safe EGT with the standard catalyst?

Just wondering given I'm running the new cam overlap & EGT Air charge reduction mods on Hondata; Thinking it'd be nice to keep an eye on the EGTs to ensure things aren't getting _too_ warm.

What's the standard temperature for the EGT Air charge reduction to trigger? - Perhaps a sensible / safe compromise would be to enable EGT Air charge reduction and leave cam overlap enabled so there is at least a safety net - I'd rather have the additional spool (And a working catalyst :p ) than a touch of extra top end
1500F is about as far as I’m willing to see and only for a moment. I’m not sure what temperature the air charge reduction activates, but I disable it on pretty much every car except heavy duty track cars where EGT management is critical.

That being said, the EGT sensor is unfortunately simulated and not a real thermistor. I’m not sure if you’d see a change.

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
Hmm - Another thought; I wonder how much difference there is (If any) between the EU & US Catalyst setups.

Our 2019-> MY Cars (Like mine) have a GPF built into the catalyst - Very impressive results, the exhaust tips never get dirty with soot, but I wonder if the additional constriction (If any; It's still marketed with the same power despite other manufacturers, VW Notably, dropping power with GPF Retrofits) is leading to higher EGTs, though that may not tally given it's a calculated value.

I'll probably pop it up on the dash and keep an eye on the EGTs a little more in normal driving.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.