**The FK8 Track Junkie Thread!!**

1sloazfk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Just looked at the track day in america schedule, that plus Gridlife makes me just realize I need to live more eastward.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AlphaDigital

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Just looked at the track day in america schedule, that plus Gridlife makes me just realize I need to live more eastward.
They added some Cali events as well, its nice to see them heading back out west again.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
With the Superbowl over, all the things I enjoy about winter season is done.
We don't stop tracking in the winter over here in AZ. You can come run with us at the Podium Club Feb 25 & 26 and again March 25 & 26th.

parkthetiger

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
This is a proper track fuel setup for high lateral Gs and flow - the cost is beyond what most street guys would probably spend but ultimately that's a matter of perspective given the cost of losing a motor vs investing in proper fuel setup

JSR is developing a simple street setup to by pass the known OEM filter issue for minimal cost but highest quality/reliability

Even with the pump and regulator should only be 1000 to 1500 or maybe less depending on lines used - surge tanks are great but looking at this setup I'm sure it's not exactly the quietest lol but more importantly will never fail on track....it's a track car

For 600+whp it's a lot easier to go Port injection
Even on my 2000s 600-620whp will get iffy with higher rpm- when you start revving the motor past 8000 the fuel demand is much higher than 6800-7000 where alot of the smaller turbos peak aka p600.

I'm still waiting on the JSR solution as my oem filter is coming out asap lol. Don't want another clogged assembly or clogged injector issue on E
I saw the JSR lpfp fuel return system on an instagram page and it looks dope. I was trying to avoid ethanol but if there's a plug and play system where I don't have to deal with replacing dirty fuel socks then that changes things. I saw that they're using a walbro 535; do you think there will be smaller pump options like maybe the walbro 450 for us circuit guys who aren't trying to break 600hp? I'm also trying to avoid dw300c's; I had 2 fail on me when I had an 86

OP
OP
AlphaDigital

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
We don't stop tracking in the winter over here in AZ. You can come run with us at the Podium Club Feb 25 & 26 and again March 25 & 26th.
LOL, that would require me getting a truck and an enclosed trailer. The sub freezing temps here might also have a negative affect on my tires as Id drive down on an open trailer too.

parkthetiger

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
How do you like it? Feel like it'll take some notchiness out of shifts.
I think the acuity bushings did more for the notchiness. The KZ CMC got rid of the rev hang when compared to the stock CMC; it's a good upgrade imo

speedyserg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
I saw that they're using a walbro 535; do you think there will be smaller pump options like maybe the walbro 450 for us circuit guys who aren't trying to break 600hp? I'm also trying to avoid dw300c's; I had 2 fail on me when I had an 86
I'm on a dw300c now and make 566whp - the main reason for the massive pump is volume. You can run a smaller pump and most likely he will eventually release a cheaper kit that reduces cost that will most likely hang a smaller pump. How much smaller I don't know but most of use dw300c and we are all 520-580whp for the most part. The basket is largely the same save for removing the plastic oem filter housing and tiny plastic regulator - the billet "hanger" used to house the pump should fit smaller pumps with a gasket/o ring of sorts to keep it in place. The modified hellcat pump uses a pretty trick stainless pickup filter I like but anything is possible with a little trial and error. JSR has been focused on direct injection + hondata fueling so these solutions are tailored more for that but a larger pump also helps the guys running port who need the added pressure to fuel 4 additional injectors + a return line.

I should be getting this installed soon so I'll try to post pics of mine when it's finished- I'll be using the 535lph pump as long as it's not too noisy - I still have my full interior so it's not as loud as the guys who are gutted/caged

parkthetiger

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm on a dw300c now and make 566whp - the main reason for the massive pump is volume. You can run a smaller pump and most likely he will eventually release a cheaper kit that reduces cost that will most likely hang a smaller pump. How much smaller I don't know but most of use dw300c and we are all 520-580whp for the most part. The basket is largely the same save for removing the plastic oem filter housing and tiny plastic regulator - the billet "hanger" used to house the pump should fit smaller pumps with a gasket/o ring of sorts to keep it in place. The modified hellcat pump uses a pretty trick stainless pickup filter I like but anything is possible with a little trial and error. JSR has been focused on direct injection + hondata fueling so these solutions are tailored more for that but a larger pump also helps the guys running port who need the added pressure to fuel 4 additional injectors + a return line.

I should be getting this installed soon so I'll try to post pics of mine when it's finished- I'll be using the 535lph pump as long as it's not too noisy - I still have my full interior so it's not as loud as the guys who are gutted/caged
I figure the 535 is for the boys running port injection and G30 kits. I'll probably end up getting the Walbro 535 fuel supply/return kit even if it's overkill for a drop in turbo because I have the worst luck with Deatschwerks products

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Got up at 4am to drive to the track. Set a new personal best. Also showing off new custom made car number. Thanks to Cristian at AutocrossDigits.com. Great quality, fast service, killer price. Now to go set he alarm for 4:30, get to sleep in tomorrow...

Honda Civic 10th gen **The FK8 Track Junkie Thread!!** 333002940_1263270974262752_5203491620336348463_n

Honda Civic 10th gen **The FK8 Track Junkie Thread!!** 333025751_596308265342464_4790577215468236143_n

speedyserg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
I figure the 535 is for the boys running port injection and G30 kits. I'll probably end up getting the Walbro 535 fuel supply/return kit even if it's overkill for a drop in turbo because I have the worst luck with Deatschwerks products
It's not overkill for a drop in - I had to run 2000s just to fuel it to 7600 - with the hellcat pump you can retain direct injection and fuel it to 700whp which removes having to mess with port on a stock motor. This was a major crossroads for guys before this as trying to make 600+ usually meant port expense and tuning. Now you can make 600+ on direct injection on a stock motor and keep it hondata simple/safe.

This RV6 R660 with cams should easily go 600+ but I understand most guys don't elect to run TR2s on a stock bottom end given the hassle of removing the head. I've been torn about it for months as I want to push the setup but also remain oem engine. Ported head/TR2s is easily 60+whp and my goal with the R660 is 580-590 on stock cams. My other option is using a better intake manifold when released. Still in testing but should offer large gains in airflow over stock without going huge like Skunk2 Mani.

I'm just excited to stay DI only and finally be rid of the Ethanol issue on stock fuel filter. Power is great but reliability trumps it for me. I know so many guys who will run the kit just for the reliability mod it is - the 15% bump in fuel is a nice bonus as is the superior filtering that's serviceable. Never have to go back into the tank again lol - pita
Sponsored