Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
Respect the walls.

Track is amazing, and the fact that you get so much more seat time than autocross makes it way more addictive.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Will be keeping an eye on this thread, and contributing as well :)

First track day was done on a stock setup to establish a baseline:
Honda Civic 10th gen **The FK8 Track Junkie Thread!!** IMG_20210601_205918_165

Installed and upcoming modifications:

- 26mm Whiteline Rear Sway Bar Kit (Installed)
- Spoon Rigid Collars Front and Rear (awaiting install)
- RV6 complete suspension package (awaiting delivery)
- Superspeed RF05RR 18x9.5 +38 with 265/35R18 Yokohama Advan V601 (awaiting delivery)
- Paragon 2-piece Rotors Front and Rear - 350mm w/ Paragon R5 Pads (installed post Group Buy)
- Koyorad w/Acuity Reverse Flow Hoses (awaiting install)

dixie1

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renault Megane RS Lotus Exige V6 and soon Honda civic type R 2018
Country flag
I live in Belgium but only drive at the Nurburgring for 11 years now , 10 years with a Renault Megane Rs but from last year with the Type R..
Mods : PRL intercooler , Miltek catless downpipe and 3" exhaust , whiteline antilift kit , hard race lower ball joint for more camber , eventuri intake and eventuri carbon inletpipe , OZ superleggera lightweight 19" wheels , Michelin cup2 connect 255 35 19 tyres , JB motoring shifter, oem Honda 2 piece brake discs , Pagid RST3 brake pads in front and Ferodo DS 2500 rear, remade front gril for more cooling and added two Ford Focus RS cooling ducts ,also made an extra cooling duct for the inlet pipe (see picture)

Honda Civic 10th gen **The FK8 Track Junkie Thread!!** gril 1 (Middel)

Honda Civic 10th gen **The FK8 Track Junkie Thread!!** koeling (Middel)

Honda Civic 10th gen **The FK8 Track Junkie Thread!!** Nurburgrin

OP
OP
AlphaDigital

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Will be keeping an eye on this thread, and contributing as well :)

First track day was done on a stock setup to establish a baseline:
IMG_20210601_205918_165.jpg

Installed and upcoming modifications:

- 26mm Whiteline Rear Sway Bar Kit (Installed)
- Spoon Rigid Collars Front and Rear (awaiting install)
- RV6 complete suspension package (awaiting delivery)
- Superspeed RF05RR 18x9.5 +38 with 265/35R18 Yokohama Advan V601 (awaiting delivery)
- Paragon 2-piece Rotors Front and Rear - 350mm w/ Paragon R5 Pads (installed post Group Buy)
- Koyorad w/Acuity Reverse Flow Hoses (awaiting install)
Good stuff, do you think the Koyo will cut it?

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good stuff, do you think the Koyo will cut it?
If on a 91 tune, it will not. It only works for me because I'm using an e55-e60 tune. If pushing hard, you'll over heat it quickly.

I'm from SoCal and frequent the local tracks, help organize a local Honda specific time attack series (Honda Time Attack Challenge).

Mods:
- FBO + e55 tune
- XDI Pump
- High flow grill
- Varis style hood
- Koyo radiator w/Acuity Hoses
- Swift Springs
- -2/-2.3 Camber
- Titan7 TD-6 18x9.5 +45 Falken RT-660 275/35/18
- Stock rotors, Project Mu Club Racer Pads, PMU G-Four Fluid

Buttonwillow CW13 - 1:57.924
Buttonwillow CCW26 - 2:03.681
Chuckwalla CW - 1:58.666
Big Willow - 1:30.996
Streets of Willow - 1:22.858

Last edited:
OP
OP
AlphaDigital

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
If on a 91 tune, it will not. It only works for me because I'm using an e55-e60 tune. If pushing hard, you'll over heat it quickly.

I'm from SoCal and frequent the local tracks, help organize a local Honda specific time attack series (Honda Time Attack Challenge).

Mods:
- FBO + e55 tune
- High flow grill
- Varis style hood
- Koyo radiator w/Acuity Hoses
- Swift Springs
- -2/-2.3 Camber
- Titan7 TD-6 18x9.5 +45 Falken RT-660 275/35/18
- Stock rotors, Project Mu Club Racer Pads, PMU G-Four Fluid

Buttonwillow CW13 - 1:57.924
Buttonwillow CCW26 - 2:03.681
Chuckwalla CW - 1:58.666
Big Willow - 1:30.996
Streets of Willow - 1:22.858

Gotcha. Do you run that high of ethanol content for cooling benefits? Most people say power benefits end around E30-40? If you ran lower E content would you find yourself overheating quicker?

I was contemplating club racer pads, how do you like them for street driving and track duty?

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gotcha. Do you run that high of ethanol content for cooling benefits? Most people say power benefits end around E30-40? If you ran lower E content would you find yourself overheating quicker?

I was contemplating club racer pads, how do you like them for street driving and track duty?
Sorry forgot to include I'm running the XDI pump. I was previously on an e40 tune on stock pump. The additional ethanol gives more power benefits and helps keep the car cooler on track. On street i just run 91.

The Club Racer pads are great. They have high fade resistance, excellent bite, but they are very dusty and quite noisy on the street.

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
AlphaDigital, great idea on starting this thread.

I just started out last year and still pretty new at it. Started a thread on some of the mods I did for the track- https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/jeffs-build-for-occasional-light-track-use.51054/

I just got new Motul RBF600 brake fluid put in today and hoping to get back to the track by the end of this month. Last year I ran NSX 19" rims with Cup 2's. Found out pretty quickly the Cup 2's don't like the wet. This year I am going to try some Fast 18" FC04's rims with Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3R tires. Would have had them on by now but I am still waiting on the tires.. Will update the thread once I actually get the new shoes.

OP
OP
AlphaDigital

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
AlphaDigital, great idea on starting this thread.

I just started out last year and still pretty new at it. Started a thread on some of the mods I did for the track- https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/jeffs-build-for-occasional-light-track-use.51054/

I just got new Motul RBF600 brake fluid put in today and hoping to get back to the track by the end of this month. Last year I ran NSX 19" rims with Cup 2's. Found out pretty quickly the Cup 2's don't like the wet. This year I am going to try some Fast 18" FC04's rims with Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3R tires. Would have had them on by now but I am still waiting on the tires.. Will update the thread once I actually get the new shoes.
Thanks! I think next year ill make the switch to Motul RBF as well.

I hate that everything is backordered right now. I need to hop on some new tires soon. Hope some are available, otherwise Ill be running some Yok V601s.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Got my 2017 end of 2017 and got maybe 20 events on that car in varying stages from stock to pretty modded. Never got it to stay cool which was quite frustrating. Sold it but decided to come back because overall love the car so much.

If you're bored and want to read (with photos). I'm back with a 2021 now and will be hitting the track this fall/ winter again once the car can make it more than one lap without overheating.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/grimace-build-thread-lap-time-modification-tracking.43196/

I think this was a 1:27.5 and got it down to a 1:26.6 before selling it. I'll be back even faster

OP
OP
AlphaDigital

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Got my 2017 end of 2017 and got maybe 20 events on that car in varying stages from stock to pretty modded. Never got it to stay cool which was quite frustrating. Sold it but decided to come back because overall love the car so much.

If you're bored and want to read (with photos). I'm back with a 2021 now and will be hitting the track this fall/ winter again once the car can make it more than one lap without overheating.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/grimace-build-thread-lap-time-modification-tracking.43196/

I think this was a 1:27.5 and got it down to a 1:26.6 before selling it. I'll be back even faster

I wanna explore options that dont involve me dropping $1000 on the C&R which may include looking into the Full Race and Mishimoto radiator with hopes that pairing with an open hood, hoses, and heat wrap get it to stay cool enough for me to track it on an 80+ degree day.... haha

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
I wanna explore options that dont involve me dropping $1000 on the C&R which may include looking into the Full Race and Mishimoto radiator with hopes that pairing with an open hood, hoses, and heat wrap get it to stay cool enough for me to track it on an 80+ degree day.... haha
We have a very active Nor Cal CTR track group and have tried just about anything and everything. You want to go with a C&R race radiator, dual oil coolers and even a secondary or third small radiator if you want to stay cool on a 80+ degree day.

No other way about it. Thats on top of heat wrap, vented hood, etc.

OP
OP
AlphaDigital

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
We have a very active Nor Cal CTR track group and have tried just about anything and everything. You want to go with a C&R race radiator, dual oil coolers and even a secondary or third small radiator if you want to stay cool on a 80+ degree day.

yeah thats what im afraid ill end up finding out haha

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag

These are all tuned cars I imagine. I don't see a stock powered CTR needing all of this.
Sponsored