AhmedTitef

@slow_fk8
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2017 CIVIC HB ex , 2005 BMW 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since pretty much many of modified fk8 pushing around similar numbers of horsepower because of the fuel pump limitations, is there anything else we can do to gain more( go e85// i dont wanna mention meth and race fuel) Or is it the end of modifications era for the type R?
Sponsored

TheSnotRocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 CTS-V, 2016 ATS-V, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Anything can be overcome with enough cash and desire. The fuel pump is easy, boost-a-pump, injectors, new fuel lines run... go ahead... make the plunge. Lead the way for everyone else!

When these cars hit 10-15k, you'll see a whole aftermarket community just like the older cars.

OP
OP
AhmedTitef

AhmedTitef

@slow_fk8
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2017 CIVIC HB ex , 2005 BMW 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anything can be overcome with enough cash and desire. The fuel pump is easy, boost-a-pump, injectors, new fuel lines run... go ahead... make the plunge. Lead the way for everyone else!

When these cars hit 10-15k, you'll see a whole aftermarket community just like the older cars.
Bosch HPFP has been in the market for a long time and they havent made aftermarket one which is the only way to makw these cars faster

TheSnotRocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 CTS-V, 2016 ATS-V, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Bosch HPFP has been in the market for a long time and they havent made aftermarket one which is the only way to makw these cars faster
Do you think all the monsters at your local race track all have pumps in them that came from the factory? Or even in the factory location?

With respect... are you new to performance cars?

LPE and I'm sure a few others sell pumps that will support well over 1000hp. Just run the custom lines to it from your tank and all the way up to your (now custom) fuel rail, custom FIC or Nostrom injectors, then custom fuel maps, blah blah blah... and bam... instant support for 1300HP.

Again... it's possible and really not difficult to do... go ahead and pull out the cash to do it.

If you are looking for turn key for the CTR, it doesn't exist. Build a kit for the CTR market and sell the crap out of it. Ballparking the cost on a kit you are looking at $500 per injector and about a grand for a fuel pump. Now you'll need a feed pump, custom lines and a fuel rail... I think you'd be lucky to come in under $5k per kit.

Now, install it and pay someone to tune it.

Make sense now why nobody has done it yet?

It's not that they can't... it's who wants to pay for that garbage on a platform like this?

Last edited:

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I think part of the hold up on fuel system upgrades is the lack of demand for more power. Most CTRs will never see the track, and on the street you really can't use much more than 380WHP within the speed limits because it is FWD. My car is probably putting out 350WHP and if the tires aren't warm or the pavement isn't perfect, my tires spin in 3rd. By the time the car has grip and is putting all that power down, I am either going way over the speed limit or about to be. Having said that, once more people get aftermarket wheel/tire setups, their warranties run out, etc. we will see another wave of horsepower increasing parts.

Ismael Lafluer

Project Harukonokaze R-00691
First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Accord sport, 2007 Honda Pilot
Country flag
Lol The reason I’m not messing with power at the moment is warranty. These bad boys cost a pretty penny to blow an engine. I don’t have 10k to throw away to go faster on the street. Now...When car is paid for and it’s not my daily in a couple years then we can talk. I also think some folks are just doing a lot in the first couple years the car is out. Some of the best builds I’ve seen have been in the works for 4 to 7 years on average. ( not to say you can’t build a car fast and great car in less time) there are a lot of guys out there doing the R&D so parts can be made for the regular guys. Be patient and think of it like art work. Make calculated moves because new parts will always be out, and I’m sure you’d hate to spend 1k on a part only for a new part far superior to it to drop 2 months later. I’ve found coming to the civic forum is better than Facebook groups or IG because you learn a lot, the people building the parts comment and give advice, a wealth of knowledge and info, friendly and I don’t have the urge to splash cash on parts just because someone else is doing it bigger...idk just my 2 cents

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Lol right, because no one else sells high flow or inline fuel pumps...

Rofl what next we can’t have wider than 8.5 inch rims cause Enkei is the one who makes the OE wheels and only they can make wheels for the car?

Ismael Lafluer

Project Harukonokaze R-00691
First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Accord sport, 2007 Honda Pilot
Country flag
I personally think 350hp is perfect for street applications after tuning mine. Weight reduction may cost more, but the risk of something going wrong is a lot lower compared to adding more power. In JGTC series look at the GT300 class. Those cars are dope and look fun to drive, but the focus is mostly, weight reduction, balance and good driver skill. That’s my goal. Even the GT 500 class the GTRs are capped at a little over 500hp. Hell, the Nismo has more than that from the factory. What are you trying to do with the car?

jmartin

Rouleur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ctr 2015 Challenger srt 2016 Yamaha R1m 2002 Gmc Lifted Duramax
When limit is reached. 2jz or ls

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Just want to point out that not only does Bosch make other models with higher flow, they also just added even newer model to the lineup, with more flow.

Other cars use Bosch and they’re also DI, and use more fuel.

They had a nice booth at the last show.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Like everyone said it’s just too new, once people get desperate for traction someone will make an OEM style wide front fender that’ll allow you to run a 295 tire to help get that traction back and so on.

VTECnR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Civic Type R
Country flag
How much more power does the car need?
After a downpipe, intercooler, and reflash... there's already to much power for the street. I can't get traction until 4th gear now and 1st & 2nd spin as if on ice.
Sponsored