Gabbman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR, 2017 Range Rover HSE
Country flag
Yeah $2500 to me is winning these days. Especially if it's the color you want. In 2019 I paid $2k over MSRP and now MSRP has increased to about that amount that I had paid. For me it was a matter of, what other cars could I find with the same capabilities in the same price range and my answer came up to nothing. So I bought it. Once paid for....the car earned it's value in my mind in the first few months of ownership. Unlike many other cars out there that are merely commuters.
I live in Socal and here car culture is super popular making the demand higher and that mixed with higher wages drives up prices of "in demand" cars. Every Honda dealer in my area that I stop by these days asks what I paid for mine. When I tell them they are amazed as they've sold all of theirs for about $8-12k over MSRP and tell me my price is "unheard of".
Either way...@Gabbman hope you find the deal that you are looking for and never look back.
Thanks. I pulled the trigger on it. Going to drive 3.5 hours from my house to get it. No regrets. Already making plans to redo the rear seats to black AlcƔntara to match the front.
Sponsored

Sleepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 CW
Country flag
I beat it to death too - found a deal for 4k over for new and SGP that I'm going with - at the end of the day it'll be 1k under sticker considering what I paid for my 2019 then sold it for so I'm not that bothered tbh. Post a thread if I land it :)
WB if you end up getting it.

RTC975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type-R
Country flag
I beat it to death too - found a deal for 4k over for new and SGP that I'm going with - at the end of the day it'll be 1k under sticker considering what I paid for my 2019 then sold it for so I'm not that bothered tbh. Post a thread if I land it :)
Back in the saddle. SGP or death ??

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
The dealers are getting these insane prices for the cars. Unfortunately, the last 2 CTR's that my dealership sold when to "collectors" as pure investments. This is happening a lot right now. One of the cars may be coming back as the investor bought the car and didn't want to register it in any state, but ran into legal issues of doing so, I didn't get the full story but he was trying to keep the car "never registered" in a moth ball state.

@sshole investors are buying these cars with the hopes of throwing them in storage for 20yrs and selling for 120K one day.

ForeverCar

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R and some other cars ;-)
Country flag
I put them in the speculators/gamblers category instead of investors. If $40k doesnā€™t become at least $160k in 20 years, itā€™d be a failed investment.

The dealers are getting these insane prices for the cars. Unfortunately, the last 2 CTR's that my dealership sold when to "collectors" as pure investments. This is happening a lot right now. One of the cars may be coming back as the investor bought the car and didn't want to register it in any state, but ran into legal issues of doing so, I didn't get the full story but he was trying to keep the car "never registered" in a moth ball state.

@sshole investors are buying these cars with the hopes of throwing them in storage for 20yrs and selling for 120K one day.

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
I put them in the speculators/gamblers category instead of investors. If $40k doesnā€™t become at least $160k in 20 years, itā€™d be a failed investment.
Exact same way I look at it as well. It's just annoying to watch these people come in to mothball the cars instead of them being in the hands of an enthusiast who would love and drive it.

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
I used to know a guy that kept a 2009 nissan gtr in a bubble with only 4 miles on it. hoping to make good on it. didnt pan out for him.

i remember he sold it back in 2020 for 22k, he was selling a lot of stuff(divorce).

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
Country flag
I used to know a guy that kept a 2009 nissan gtr in a bubble with only 4 miles on it. hoping to make good on it. didnt pan out for him.
If i'm paying close to over $40k, i'm driving the wheels off that vehicle. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Sleepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 CW
Country flag

i remember he sold it back in 2020 for 22k, he was selling a lot of stuff(divorce).
That sucks he held on to the CBA, unfortunately they were the only R35ā€™s who didnā€™t hold value wellā€¦

Pielo7

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
Can i had market adjustment to my trade in, asking for a friend ???

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Can i had market adjustment to my trade in, asking for a friend ???
You get one though - they are overpaying for Used and over charging for new -

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Yeah $2500 to me is winning these days. Especially if it's the color you want. In 2019 I paid $2k over MSRP and now MSRP has increased to about that amount that I had paid. For me it was a matter of, what other cars could I find with the same capabilities in the same price range and my answer came up to nothing. So I bought it. Once paid for....the car earned it's value in my mind in the first few months of ownership. Unlike many other cars out there that are merely commuters.
I live in Socal and here car culture is super popular making the demand higher and that mixed with higher wages drives up prices of "in demand" cars. Every Honda dealer in my area that I stop by these days asks what I paid for mine. When I tell them they are amazed as they've sold all of theirs for about $8-12k over MSRP and tell me my price is "unheard of".
Either way...@Gabbman hope you find the deal that you are looking for and never look back.
Man, I feel blessed I didnā€™t have to deal with all the crazy mark up drama so many are dealing with. Feel bad for you guys.

In 2019 I was actually looking at a Jeep. The Type R was a ā€œhaloā€ car I donā€™t think I would get. We get ā€œpractical carsā€ like mini vans and accords. I got car sick driving a Jeep so me and my wife went down the street to look for a manual Accord Sport. There was a used Type R out front and my wife asked to test drive it and I was like, ā€œUgh, you donā€™t just test drive those cars.ā€ But the salesmanā€™s was like,ā€Sure!ā€ So we drove it and said bye-bye to an Accord. I wanted a white CTR and by the time we decided on it the white one had just gotten sold but the salesman was like, ā€œI think we have another, let me check.ā€ And too my surprise they had another white CTR in a remote lot. At the time they had 3 new ones and 1 used. Surprised they had that many on hand for small Honda dealer.
Sponsored