The dealers are crazy

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
The dealers are getting these insane prices for the cars. Unfortunately, the last 2 CTR's that my dealership sold when to "collectors" as pure investments. This is happening a lot right now. One of the cars may be coming back as the investor bought the car and didn't want to register it in any state, but ran into legal issues of doing so, I didn't get the full story but he was trying to keep the car "never registered" in a moth ball state.

@sshole investors are buying these cars with the hopes of throwing them in storage for 20yrs and selling for 120K one day.
It’s like the muscle car market except muscle cars dropped in price from the 70s through part of the 90s. All the collectors driving up prices and the real car enthusiasts who actually want to enjoy these cars get left out in the cold. Sad.
Sponsored

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Man, I feel blessed I didn’t have to deal with all the crazy mark up drama so many are dealing with. Feel bad for you guys.

In 2019 I was actually looking at a Jeep. The Type R was a “halo” car I don’t think I would get. We get “practical cars” like mini vans and accords. I got car sick driving a Jeep so me and my wife went down the street to look for a manual Accord Sport. There was a used Type R out front and my wife asked to test drive it and I was like, “Ugh, you don’t just test drive those cars.” But the salesman’s was like,”Sure!” So we drove it and said bye-bye to an Accord. I wanted a white CTR and by the time we decided on it the white one had just gotten sold but the salesman was like, “I think we have another, let me check.” And too my surprise they had another white CTR in a remote lot. At the time they had 3 new ones and 1 used. Surprised they had that many on hand for small Honda dealer.
I bought my 2019 for 35,750 LOL Sold for a good price but yeah 2019 was the year to buy these! I'm happy to have found a compromise on ride quality with my wife, and glad the 2019 sale price I had means I'm juuust under sticker for my 2021 if you look at it just right.

Now if they don't pull any bs with financing I may be posting a thread later with the new beast!