Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I cannot see why I would want to potentially provide Honda with more evidence to use against me in the suit. Realistically, I'm of the pay to play mindset so I cannot see myself ever having to go down this path, but never say never.
Your concern about posting in the tuning survey still confuses me based on the fact you post about your tuned car elsewhere on the forum. That's my only point.

But like I mentioned in my post earlier, I appreciate you giving your reason for not doing a survey. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lifesabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback 1.5 T
Country flag
I live in Europe am not tuned and have no interest in becoming tuned, but GT Man you have taken time to put this together and I for one Sir salute your efforts and dedication into improving OUR COMMUNITY for the benefit of ALL. I have enjoyed posting and being involved on the small scale that I have. As with all communities whatever form they take collaboration and involvement leads to a better place for us all no matter where in the world we are and current event's should serve as a reminder to highlight that. GTMan and all the other members take time to improve this fantastic forum for the benefit of all, PLEASE keep up the fantastic work it is appreciated. I hope my scribblings will encourage those to get involved in the feedback you seek and think twice about just getting an answer to their problem and then disappearing until they require further help.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I appreciate the comment. With my background of running forums, I just feel like the best communities are the ones where members are helpful and CivicX certainly has many helpful folks here.

The idea behind the tuning survey is to simply give members a place to see what tuning looks like in the real world and whether or not tuning can be reliable or not.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lots of "unique" folks on here tbh. I mostly just lurk on here now. Too many dumb people in here now who don't have the experience or knowledge.
They just try to push their point without any sort substantiation. I find it too tiring and too much of a waste of time and energy engaging them.

Survey is a good source but with the typical group of people who buy these cars its just not the same level of dedication you will find vs lets say like a m3 group.

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
GTMAN thanks for the tuning thread. I don’t get it either why some would not want to help out the community where I’m sure they take from as well. I did your survey haven’t done an update yet but will do so when I rack more miles. But I do take in a lot of information on here and try to help out as well. Again thanks for the tuning thread. Knowing the very low amounts of failures helps to feel more at peace about tuning. Also knowing to not push it too far to the limit.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Maybe invitations to the survey should include this fair warning:

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law."

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Lots of "unique" folks on here tbh. I mostly just lurk on here now. Too many dumb people in here now who don't have the experience or knowledge.
They just try to push their point without any sort substantiation. I find it too tiring and too much of a waste of time and energy engaging them.
Points well taken. Honestly, I've also been wrestling with leaving the community. But, I believe I started something worthwhile with the survey and I'm not a quitter. I innocently PM people "Hey, if you get a chance, help the community out and add your car to the survey". 90% of those people don't respond by adding one and don't even have the courtesy to reply back. Just a lot of sitting on hands and ignoring my attempt to get them onboard. It's really shocking.

Last edited:

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Stolen), 2013 Honda Accord Sport V6
Country flag
Points well taken. Honestly, I've also been wrestling with leaving the community. But, I believe I started something worthwhile with the survey and I'm not a quitter. I innocently PM people "Hey, if you get a chance, help the community out and add your car to the survey". 90% of those people don't respond by adding one and don't even have the courtesy to reply back. Just a lot of sitting on hands and ignoring my attempt to get them onboard. It's really shocking.
Just keep what your doing. "If you build it, they will come". Eventually

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Stolen), 2013 Honda Accord Sport V6
Country flag

Survey is a good source but with the typical group of people who buy these cars its just not the same level of dedication you will find vs lets say like a m3 group.
If you mean the Bimmer crowd (which I came from), a different crowd. They are snobby though

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
I would imagine alot of the disinterest stems from concerns about future warranty issues.

Personally I dont care about the warranty because there are so many of these cars around, a replacement engine is $750-$1200. I'd never trust the dealer to install it correctly anyway.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would imagine alot of the disinterest stems from concerns about future warranty issues.
Nah. There is huge interest in the tuning survey. 300,000+ views in a bit over a year. It boils down to some people not adding their car for personal reasons but mainly, a bit of laziness. But hey, I'm still trying to make it work for the community.

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
There are multiple reasons for not adding to the survey. Some are just too lazy, some don't see the benefit of it, some people are private and are uncomfortable sharing so much detail about their car and habits. For some its probably the fact that the request was solicited. Some dont respond well to pressure or people asking them to do something even if they would have done it on their own. Some people dont want others knowing what was done to their car in the past if they want to list it for sale on the forum. Nobody is going to want to buy a car when they go and read that it had an aggressive tune on it for most of its time and has seen many track days and aggressive driving. I for one would search the owner’s posts if I was considering buying their car on the forum. Also as mentioned others are worried about warranties. Some are afraid of scrutiny if they have done something silly and don't want to share it. The survey is very detailed and revealing. Many reasons a person wouldn't want to participate in it. I get surveys in the mail all the time and I very rarely participate in them unless there is something to be gained (like a $2 bill or something lol).

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thing is though, this isn't a survey asking personal question after question like the surveys you are referring to. Plus, I only ask those who have already extensively posted here that they are tuned.

Last edited:

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
This website requires almost 0 personal information about you. If people are so concerned about keeping their car history private they can simply not put their name, location, license plate, photos, etc. on the site and then even if they told everyone on here their civic is a ticking time-bomb no one would easily be able to find out which of the millions civics out there they are talking about.
Sponsored