Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Drake... you nailed it.

And if you look at the posts at the forum, a good portion is chat about tuning.

Personally, I'm tuned and proud of it. :cool:
Sponsored

Last edited:

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Stolen), 2013 Honda Accord Sport V6
Country flag
There are multiple reasons for not adding to the survey. Some are just too lazy, some don't see the benefit of it, some people are private and are uncomfortable sharing so much detail about their car and habits. For some its probably the fact that the request was solicited. Some dont respond well to pressure or people asking them to do something even if they would have done it on their own. Some people dont want others knowing what was done to their car in the past if they want to list it for sale on the forum. Nobody is going to want to buy a car when they go and read that it had an aggressive tune on it for most of its time and has seen many track days and aggressive driving. I for one would search the owner’s posts if I was considering buying their car on the forum. Also as mentioned others are worried about warranties. Some are afraid of scrutiny if they have done something silly and don't want to share it. The survey is very detailed and revealing. Many reasons a person wouldn't want to participate in it. I get surveys in the mail all the time and I very rarely participate in them unless there is something to be gained (like a $2 bill or something lol).
I get what you are saying. I also respect people's right to not post. But some of the people who voiced an objection are the same ones who post in other threads all their mods, pulls and mistakes. By posting in the survey, I can't see how a person would be concerned about warranty unless they are also posting personal info, such as name, license plate & VIN.

From my understanding, @gtman is only interested in finding out if these tunes and add-on's cause any long term issues. He's actually doing this community a service. It's the only reason why I purchased a Ktuner. From the number of people who have provided info, it was safe to assume that clutch is probably the biggest issue if the car is not abused. But in the end, it's up to the individual if they want to add information to his thread

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I get what you are saying. I also respect people's right to not post. But some of the people who voiced an objection are the same ones who post in other threads all their mods, pulls and mistakes. By posting in the survey, I can't see how a person would be concerned about warranty unless they are also posting personal info, such as name, license plate & VIN.

From my understanding, @gtman is only interested in finding out if these tunes and add-on's cause any long term issues. He's actually doing this community a service. It's the only reason why I purchased a Ktuner. From the number of people who have provided info, it was safe to assume that clutch is probably the biggest issue if the car is not abused. But in the end, it's up to the individual if they want to add information to his thread
Yep. I'm just a guy who originally was concerned about the reliability of tuning. Took the plunge and have been impressed with both the driveability and reliability. Started the reliability thread as a counterpoint to those saying "I guarantee tuning will blow your engine".

The questions I ask like how many tuned miles have you driven, what gas do you use, what tune do you run etc. have nothing to do with personal information in any way.

If folks don't want to post in my thread for whatever reason, that's cool. My pov is that everyone that does post helps the community by giving a real world picture of tuning reliability.

For the record, here are the 10 items folks fill in (with example answers) when adding their car. It's basic and just takes a few minutes.

Vehicle: Civic
Total tuned time: 12 months
Tuned miles driven: 10,000
Tuning device(s) used: KTuner
Tunes used: Starter 21
Fuel used: 93
Additional engine mods: intake
Problems/issues: None
Driving style: Mostly average, sometimes speedy
Tuning experience notes: Tuning rocks!

Last edited:

racerguy180

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2001 Acura Integra GS 2014 Acura MDX Advance
Country flag
I'm not tuned yet but as soon as I am & have miles on it, damned skippy I'm posting in the thread!

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just revisiting this as the tuning reliabilty thread is getting less and less new cars added even though more and more people are tuning.

I know it's an uphill battle to keep the thread active but I'm still trying because it's important for the community.

Recently, the response to my direct messages where I ask tuned owners to add their cars has fallen on deaf ears. Only 3 out of 70 people I've asked in the past couple months have added their cars.

Believe me, I wish I didn't have to ask people to "drum up business" for the thread. It's a lot of work for me. The problem is, if I don't, we'd honestly get maybe 3-4 new cars a month, tops.

If this was a survey out there with it's own website, I know response would be much bigger. One of the problems with trying to build up a thread like the tuned reliability thread is the forum format itself. The thread is basically hidden unless you're looking for it or stumble upon it.

We do have 750 tuned cars so far in two years, but with 20,000+ tuned Civic X's out there, it's just a tiny amount of tuned 10th gens.

Finally, I'm sure I will get some negative feedback like I always do when I make a post like this. But these posts or the PM's I send are the only way I can try to reach out to people who maybe aren't aware of the thread and who might add their cars.

Last edited:

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So I looked for your new post with your additional tuned miles and changes and didnt see it.

And then I realized you edited your original post and overwrote the old info.

With the updates, you want to do a new post showing the additional miles and tune changes. I then find your original post and compare so I can adjust the stats.

Do you remember when your approx. tuned miles were when you did your post back in '19?
Sponsored